• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead is coming to Nintendo Switch

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/20/18273096/cuphead-nintendo-switch-release-date

Cuphead, one of Microsoft’s most critically acclaimed Xbox exclusives, is coming to Nintendo Switch on April 18. The release date was announced Wednesday during Nintendo’s Nindies Showcase, which focused on independent games coming to Switch.

In the promo reel for the 2D action game, Nintendo thanked both Cuphead developer StudioMDHR and “our friends at Microsoft.” Over the past year, the two competing game console makers have begun to cooperate in surprising ways. In June 2018, Nintendo released a video promoting cross-play on Switch and the Xbox One. In February, Microsoft announced Xbox Live would arrive on iOS, Android, and Switch. Around the same time, rumors swirled that Microsoft could bring its GamePass and Project xCloud services to Nintendo Switch, along with bringing Microsoft games to the Nintendo eShop.

Trailer:

Last edited:

Raph64

Great, next is going to be Ori and the Blind Forest according to rumors.

I’m really gleeful that Nintendo is being great buddies with Microsoft.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Considering I was tempted to buy an Xbox One because of this game, I am immensely hyped for this.
Is this the big thing King Zell was talking about? Seems kinda minor IMO.
He was tensing something along the lines of Halo or Gears of War coming to Switch. That or a Goldeneye remake.

Stuart360

Dat Microsoft and Nintendo bromance tho.
I hope the gorgeous Cuphead animation doesnt take a hit with going to Switch. I had the game on PC and although it isnt a hugely demanding game, its much more demanding than you would think for a 2D platformer.

Mr Hyde

Best news of today. Cuphead looks to be the crowning ace in Microsofts game library and I´ve Always wanted to play it. It was the game that could´ve made me invest in a Xbox One, but thankfully I don´t have to. I don´t like buying hardware for 1 or 2 games only, especially when it comes to such unattractive hardware as the One. I hope this is the beginning of a fruitful collaboration between the companies, and that more exclusives from MS are coming to Switch.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Considering I was tempted to buy an Xbox One because of this game, I am immensely hyped for this.

He was tensing something along the lines of Halo or Gears of War coming to Switch. That or a Goldeneye remake.

Ya thats why I don't think this was what he was teasing.

Im surprised at your surprise, guys. In past E3 it was heavily hinted when they announced the Cuphead expansion it was not "exclusive" or however XBOX announces their console-exclusive games.

Shin

Banned
That is a surprise and such a great match, not just the Nintendo part but the gaming on the go as well.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Oh man I’ve veen Wanting this on PS4 or switch for a while. I just hope the switch can keep up with how fluid the animation is with all the large bosses and projectiles. Super excited

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, that tweet was deleted. It was Major Nelson saying you can get Xbox achievements on Cuphead Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is cool, as someone who wanted to play the game, doesn't own a XB, and didn't want it on PC. It also helps to further justify buying a 8BitDo controller for the Switch.

Switch will make me go broke this year :messenger_loudly_crying: Mario maker, link's awakening, fire emblem, astral chains, new hollow knight, res.evil ports and now cuphead and this eshop zelda.

Xbox Console Launch Exclusive thank you.

Also the responses I'm seeing around the net seem overkill since cuphead isn't a first-party IP.

zenspider

I fucking squealed at the reveal.

This is the easiest double-dip ever. I own the game on PC, but couldn't muster the patience to get two controller drivers to play nice. #filthycasual

Smart move for Microsoft too - Switch owners have shown age doesn't have to depreciate quality title's value, and Cuphead's done all it's going to on it's platforms. Looking forward to playing Ori.

Raph64

Now give us Rare Replay, Master Chief Collection, and Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch and we’ll be settled.

Sounds fair, Microsoft ? :coffee:

Fake

Now Nintendo just needs to bring BOTW over to the 1X in 4k.
nXqJ9Rp.gif

Top Bottom