• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is better than Seinfeld, admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
BNdCk7S.gif

Shmuppers

No, it's not

-characters are not better
-funnier despite lower budget
-funnier
-the laugh track is fine
-for every one of those scenes there are 20 Seinfeld ones

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's a bit meaner and delivers more schadenfreude... so maybe it is.

I do admit it.

The laugh track makes the pacing on Seinfeld seem so dated. I still enjoy it, but the show doesn't age perfectly.

HeeHo

I particularly like Crazy Eyes Killers little rap when Larry David first comes over to his kids party.

I watched and adored Curb, but never seen Shinfield despite hearing how great it is. So how similar is it to Curb, will I love it just as much or am I doomed Curb raises the bar making its predecessor seem inferior watching it with hindsight?

eXistor

I hated the show personally. I quit after the second season, no idea why I even stuck around that long. Cringe comedy is not my kinda comedy.

phanphare

Banned
I hated the show personally. I quit after the second season, no idea why I even stuck around that long. Cringe comedy is not my kinda comedy.

curb is one of the rare shows that gets better as it progresses. season 5 through the last season is where it's at. hell the last season has a couple of the funniest episodes of the entire show.

HeeHo

Ah yes, you guys reminded me. I love when someone exclaims that they hate George from Seinfeld in front of Larry, haha.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't think they should be compared.

as someone who cringes easily, no.

I love them both, but Curb deals exclusively with awkward situations which are cringe inducing for me.

Seinfeld has a better balance.

Absolutely agree. Admittedly, I watched Seinfeld way after it was considered revolutionary, but when I eventually did watch it, it barely got a chuckle out of me. Curb Your Enthusiasm on the other hand had me rolling on the floor.

I watched and adored Curb, but never seen Shinfield despite hearing how great it is. So how similar is it to Curb, will I love it just as much or am I doomed Curb raises the bar making its predecessor seem inferior watching it with hindsight?

They have two different points of view and are, yet, very similar hence the odd premise of this topic.

One is about a group of four people who are absolutely confused by the world around them while the other is about a man who progressively turns angry towards it.

I mean, they are the same shows. I've never understood this really bizarre need to turn their existences into a contact sport of sorts.

In the end, there is no "better", only which characters resonate better with you as an audience.

Oddly I don't understand Seinfeld at all, despite sitting through dozens of hours of episodes with my best friend who loves it.

Meanwhile, Curb is my favourite comedy of all time, probably in my top five all-time favourite shows.

Swearing + no laugh track + diverse west coast cast probably helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom