• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG Sources: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes 'is not Project Ogre'

Nibel

The mystery 'Project Ogre' game in development at Kojima Productions is not the newly announced Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, CVG understands.

A trusted source connected to the matter claimed that 'Ogre' is the codename for another project, previously believed - though not confirmed - to be Metal Gear Solid 5.
Ground Zeroes, announced on Thursday at a special Tokyo event, is an open-world variation of the Metal Gear Solid stealth gameplay model.

Addressing an audience at the Penny Arcade Expo on Sunday, Kojima confirmed that he will be masterminding the Zeroes project. This suggests that Project Ogre is being spearheaded by a separate team.

"One thing I want to make clear is that Ground Zeroes is something I'm making myself," he said. "I want to make it clear that Snake is back, but I'm also back."

The accompanying demo provided a second look at features revealed at the Metal Gear 25th anniversary event in Tokyo. The demo paraded new open-world gameplay features such as driving military vehicles and calling in an attack chopper for support.

Also revealed at the Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary event wasMetal Gear Solid: Social Ops, a social game inspired by Portable Ops and Peace Walker, and a Metal Gear Solid movie helmed by X-Men and Spider-Man producer Avi Arad.

Source

Please do something that isn't Metal Gear, Kojima.

This is what Kojima says to himself in the mirror every day when he wakes up. But he can't pull himself away from his baby, and Konami isn't about to let their last decent franchise go to waste.

Yen

his twitter said:
While I am happy to know people liked "MGS Ground Zeroes", I'm sick & tired of people keep asking me like "is that project Ogre?" here in Seattle everyday. Project Ogre is what the project that Ogre appears. Ogre does not appear in "MGS Ground Zeroes" trailer.

Funny that they needed a "trusted source" when Kojima himself just mentioned it on twitter just now (and before they posted it) lol. Is Kojima's twitter account their trusted source?

or helping him with it like every other MGS

Um, what? MGS3 was his first major role on the series, before then he'd mostly worked on ZOE. Sure I guess he could be co-directing GZ with Kojima again but I don't really see the point, as he's already proven himself a great designer with ZOE2. Seems like it'd be a total waste.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Um, what? MGS3 was his first major role on the series, before then he'd mostly worked on ZOE. Sure I guess he could be co-directing GZ with Kojima again but I don't really see the point, as he's already proven himself a great designer with ZOE2. Seems like it'd be a total waste.

He's co written every MGS with Kojima since 2 actually and I imagine he'll be doing the same for Ground Zeroes is all I'm saying

I used to have suspicions Ogre was something different to Metal Gear, despite Journalists latching on to the name as if it was the only thing he was working on. Z.O.E seemed like the most obvious but apparently it's not that either.

Paul Gale's celebrity circumcision challenge?

Funny that they needed a "trusted source" when Kojima himself just mentioned it on twitter just now (and before they posted it) lol. Is Kojima's twitter account their trusted source?

Kojima is a liar though. If he wasn't there wouldn't be a Metal Gear game to talk about right now. Kojima is the boy who cried wolf when it comes to MGS games.

Arnie

I think you play as Big Boss in the prologue only, rescue that boy in the cage, and then he becomes the protagonist for Metal Gear Solid 5 (project Ogre) which is the main game. Essentially, I believe we saw what compares to the Tanker Mission, and the boy will be a new Raiden, effectively, except one fascinated by Big Boss after he saved him, just like Big Boss was infatuated with the Boss before him.

He's co written every MGS with Kojima since 2 actually and I imagine he'll be doing the same for Ground Zeroes is all I'm saying

No he didn't, he wrote the MGS1 summary (the Nastasha "book") for MGS2. That's not what I would consider a major role.

And seeing as he wasn't mentioned in the GZ trailer credits and that I somehow doubt he's been demoted since MGS4, I'm going to go ahead and assume he's working on something else. It would be pretty idiotic to waste talent like that while they've got other teams at KojiPro who seem to be completely hopeless (specifically the old Rising team).

Isn't Ogre supposed to be that really "taboo" game? I kind of fear for Paz ...

Why Paz? Major Peace Walker spoilers:
Remember, she's lying about her age in PW. She's actually in her twenties.

Setero

Neo Member
Since project Ogre was supposed to be his open world game does that mean Ground Zeroes may not actually be open world and people are just assuming?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Kojima said it is a prologue to 5. So many are theorizing that 5 will be next gen and a remake of MG1 and MG2:SS.

Huh, where is your source? Look at Biggu Bossu's face!

I think you play as Big Boss in the prologue only, rescue that boy in the cage, and then he becomes the protagonist for Metal Gear Solid 5 (project Ogre) which is the main game. Essentially, I believe we saw what compares to the Tanker Mission, and the boy will be a new Raiden, effectively, except one fascinated by Big Boss after he saved him, just like Big Boss was infatuated with the Boss before him.

The boy runs on a battery.

beason52

Neo Member
If Project Ogre is not MGS5 then I don't think MGS5 is past pre-production.

-Team making MGS:GZ
-Team making Project Orge

-Both above teams working on Fox engine

I don't know how many teams KojiPro has but they have never released more than 2 major products around the same time, and that is including the PSP games. To me it suggests they have two main teams. If the Rising team is working on something new it is likely to be the social game or a Vita game, no way they get the reigns on MGS5 after the Rising debacle.

So Kojima will likely work (past pre-production) on MGS5 after GZ is finished I would guess. He can never give it up..

I would accept a remake of MG1+2 but calling it MGS5 doesn't seem right. If not, I would love MGS5 to take place between 2 and 4.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
That boy has to be someone we already know, that's how Kojima operates.

It's either Frank Jaeger, or Solid.

My best bet is that it's Frank Jaeger because he's older than Snakku, and was his mentor.

Could be MASTER, too.

Takao

Banned
No but why would you think that's a possibility anyway? She's a
filthy traitor

I'm thinking Project Ogre is some really weird expanded Love Plus game with Metal Gear characters. It's not canon to the franchise's lore. Just some weird stuff, lol. Meryl is mai waifu screw you johnny!

Top Bottom