• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW/DC TV universe - arrow, flash, legends of tomorrow and supergirl discussion!

Akuza89

So with the new series coming back and a new cross over being announced, I thought why not make a topic discussing these very shows and possibly even our views on each episode!

Here are the trailers for the new series

Arrow

Flash

Legends of tomorrow

Supergirl

Then we have the cross over night which is coming up

img_0631.jpg

unfortunately the cross over doesn't include the legends...

Anyway!

I can't wait for all the series to come back, I've kind of "gone off" arrow and supergirl... but I still enjoy them crossing over.

cr0w

Old Member
Legends is fun as hell and pretty much the only one I can watch these days. Flash showed great potential in S1 and parts of S2 but Barry is so, so dumb now. Relationship drama killed Arrow for me, and while Supergirl is actually a pretty fun watch, I keep forgetting about it when it's on. It's also maddening to watch Arrow continually steal Batman stories because they can't fucking use Batman so hey lets just have Ollie do everything Bruce did.

tkscz

What about Black Lighting? Isn't that going to exist in this Universe or was it canceled?

Still going, not in the Arrow-verse. It was originally going to be on Fox, but they turned it down mid production and got picked up by CW later. They producers say they are up for it being like Supergirl (alternate Earth that could be visited at any time), but they haven't done anything with the idea yet. I get why they chose to do that, but I still find it dumb when they do.

Is that supposed to be Steel in the SuperGirl preview?

Last edited:
We're in October already and the only one I got to finish was Flash.
I'll finish LoT and Arrow eventually, but won't be anytime soon i guess. Will jump to Arrow and Supergirl when the crossover happens and leave it there for when I have the time.

MC Safety

I like The Flash, but it's pretty dumb that everyone has superpowers. Even Joe's wife got powers last season.

The thing that always creeped me out about that show was the jail they put the bad guys in. It was like a small cage with no room to even sit down in. And there wasn't a sink or toilet, either. They'd just dump the bad guys in there with no trial.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I watched them all but so far Supergirl has been cancelled from my viewing list.
Not sure what I'm watching anymore with Super Girl.
Legends is probably next
The shows are becoming too far left and PC for my taste.
I kinda like Arrow because Oliver Queen seem to remain true to character while the rest go all SJW.

I like The Flash, but it's pretty dumb that everyone has superpowers. Even Joe's wife got powers last season.

The thing that always creeped me out about that show was the jail they put the bad guys in. It was like a small cage with no room to even sit down in. And there wasn't a sink or toilet, either. They'd just dump the bad guys in there with no trial.
They stop doign that after season 1

Thurible

They stop doign that after season 1
I don't think he is just talking about the particle accelerator prison, but also the maximum security prisons. Remember how the flash was locked up in one with a bunch of villains before the thinker came and absorbed and killed everyone but the flash?

Also, didn't they occassionally use the particle accelerator prison after season 1? I remember they kidnapped the turtle there to conduct experiments until a certain someone went up and killed the turtle. They also locked up barry when he went speed force crazy for a little while this last season too.

Akuza89

The crossover seems so much fun this year :D
DqJsoI2UcAI6RWi.jpg:large

I know I can't wait! john Wesley ship in his old 90's (style) flash costume! :pie_starstruck:

there's also this photo tooo..

elseworlds-image-john-wesley-shipp-slice-600x200.jpg

IN order! - Supergirl - oliver queen...the flash! - john welsey ship! as 90's flash! - barry allen as the green arrow...? wha...?

Fnord

This will be the first season of Supergirl I'm not watching. I watched the first episode this season and it was just awful. It bludgeoned the audience over the head repeatedly with its message. Figured I'd give them one more episode to keep me and didn't make it through the whole episode. I don't mind some moralizing in my shows, but some amount of tact and subtlety is appreciated. There is zero subtlety in this season of Supergirl. I'll catch the crossover event episode, then bail again. I'll check back next season.

Top Bottom