• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW remakes THE TOMORROW PEOPLE (for the 3rd time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xGtzFNR.gif

Yxqd1ti.gif

nmzvHJn.gif

Marla Jamerson people

maxcriden

That was clearly a pre-finale episode. It seems the stakes have been set high and I love every part of it, except maybe the fact the founder let the traitor tomorrow people run.

The song is called Make Believe by The Burned. My Shazam couldn't even recognize the song, but it seems to be the original version.

Yes. Awesome episode!

The show has definitely been enjoyable these last few episodes.
I hope it gets renewed, but it won't surprise me at all if it isn't.
Last night's episode could have been the season finale with the way it ended.
Jedikiah with Tomorrow Poeple powers does not give a fuck about force pushing cars with people in them.

Unfortunately my understanding is that it will definitely be canceled. :(

Joni

I hope they get the chance to do a quick retake of the finale so it ends without cliffhangers for the DVDs.

maxcriden

I hope they get the chance to do a quick retake of the finale so it ends without cliffhangers for the DVDs.

I'm hoping they'll anticipate the lack of renewal and just not have things end on a firm cliffhanger to begin with. Same with Star-Crossed.

Konosuke

Whoa, I barely remember the 90's version so I'm down for this. I thought the only power they had was teleportation.

maxcriden

Whoa, I barely remember the 90's version so I'm down for this. I thought the only power they had was teleportation.

Nope! They call their powers the three 't's: telepathy, telekinesis and teleportation. The show is really great. It's almost done (probably for good), though.

Joni

I'm hoping they'll anticipate the lack of renewal and just not have things end on a firm cliffhanger to begin with. Same with Star-Crossed.
I believe Star-Crossed and The 100 started filming at the same moment as Reign and The Tomorrow People in case The CW had to pull one of its shows from the air. Otherwise they would have been in trouble if it was picked up for a full season. So the 13th episode of each show was filmed around the same time. As such, it was probably completely filmed before the first episode even aired, so I don't think they could think about cliffhangers.

maxcriden

I believe Star-Crossed and The 100 started filming at the same moment as Reign and The Tomorrow People in case The CW had to pull one of its shows from the air. Otherwise they would have been in trouble if it was picked up for a full season. So the 13th episode of each show was filmed around the same time. As such, it was probably completely filmed before the first episode even aired, so I don't think they could think about cliffhangers.

That's a good point. FWIW that means things could go either way, I suppose. Sometimes 13th episodes signal a new direction for a show, and sometimes they mean cliffhangers--and sometimes both.

Joni

Goddamn Superman. The finale was fullfilling, and can easily be viewed as a series finale. Just need to skip the last three minutes. No closure on the mom and the brother, but the rest of the importants appeared.

So this is getting cancelled?
Very, very probably.

styl3s

Goddamn Superman. The finale was fullfilling, and can easily be viewed as a series finale. Just need to skip the last three minutes. No closure on the mom and the brother, but the rest of the importants appeared.

Very, very probably.
CW keeps bringing back Beauty and the Beast so anything is possible.

Joni

CW keeps bringing back Beauty and the Beast so anything is possible.
Beauty and the Beast is one of their few CBS shows, it is selling well internationally, it was one of the better weak shows last year looking at the ratings. It is clear why they renewed it. Even now, Beauty and the Beast is holding the cards for renewal. The Tomorrow People only has the advantage of not getting completely destroyed on Monday.

maxcriden

Very, very probably.

Officially canceled. I really enjoyed the finale.

Joni

So who should The CW keep? Mark Pellegrino is a given, he can return to Supernatural. Luke Mitchell should also get cast somewhere else. He lived with Phoebe Tonkin, so he could go liven up The Originals.

Yeah it ended weird for me. But, that's how the tomorrow people has always been for me honestly, even the 90s series ended it's syndication here in the U.S. on a weird note, I am sure there were more episodes of this after the ramses arc because they would preview it, but never show it.

Anyway, show tried to do too much in a single season, and for me that's what killed it. Plus I didn't care what happened to any of the characters. So if they do come back, they should work on that.

Yeah, not surprised it was cancelled, been expecting that for months. Never really reached what it could've been, didn't help that the first half to 2/3rds of the season much of the characters were kind of unlikable and things were boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom