• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW & Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars, Party Down, iZombie) to make Lost Boys TV series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadline.com/2016/08/the-lost-boys-tv-series-based-on-movie-the-cw-rob-thomas-1201805716/

As the CW is preparing to bid farewell to The Vampire Diaries, the network is eyeing a successor — another vampire drama based on a well-known property from a top TV creator.

The CW has landed The Lost Boys, a series adaptation of the iconic 1987 Warner Bros horror comedy movie, from Veronica Mars and iZombie creator Rob Thomas, Gulfstream TV and Warner Bros Television.

Written by Thomas, The Lost Boys series re-imagines the cult Joel Schumacher film, which starred Jason Patric, Kiefer Sutherland, Jami Gertz, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.

Envisioned for a seven-season, anthology-style run, the series will tell a story spanning 70 years, each season chronicling a decade. Season 1 will be set in San Francisco during the Summer of Love, 1967. Each season, the humans, the setting, the antagonist and the story all change — only the vampires, our Lost Boys, who like the Peter Pan characters never grow up, remain the same.

More at the link.

This seems like a very, very good fit. Thomas working with Lost Boys sounds so awesome.

Although, if there is one problem with that network, it's all the damn vampires.

Corpekata

Banned
Can see Thomas making this work well. The anthology / decade approach also sounds a lot more ambitious than I expected clicking on the thread.

I'm guessing this is a joke.

Whoops, wrong Corey

You're right, they should have got the lead singer from Matchbox Twenty to make the Lost Boys TV series.

hot-shot-rob-thomas-tvgm-1024x683.jpg

inm8num2

I really like that concept. I dropped AHS after season 4 and have been looking to fill that horror anthology void!

It would be cool to see any of the original cast like Corey Feldman in a supporting or recurring role.

Xiaoki

So no one remembers Lost Boys: The Tribe or The Thirst?

I do, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this, buy fully realize things can go very wrong.

So no one remembers Lost Boys: The Tribe or The Thirst?

I do, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this, buy fully realize things can go very wrong.
Yeah, those films were largely uninspired creatively. Thomas is typically a pretty creative writer and director, so I wouldn't expect anything on the atrocious levels of Tribe and Thirst. Neither of those movies were received well, while the original remains a beloved [cult] classic; it should go without saying that they will be aiming to be as true to the charm of the original as much as possible. Those sequels were mindless, and similar content wouldn't make a good show by any means. By the sound of the article, it sounds like they are aiming for something a little deeper than just action-horror. That being said, I've never watched a show on the CW before, so I have no idea what kind of demographic they pull.

I was coming in to say why the fuck are they doing a TV show based on The Lost Boys, but then I read the description in the OP, and I have to say that sounds like an interesting take on the vampire genre.

Is iZombie worth watching? I have noticed it on Netflix but never watched it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom