• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Wait a minute....Orgeron at LSU led his team to a 5-2 record as head coach, and a 7-4 season overall, yet he is definitely getting replaced while Charlie Strong could save his job by winning tomorrow and finishing 6-6?

So dumb

Ed Orgeron at Mississippi: 10-25
Ed Orgeron as interim at USC/LSU: 11-4

Worth noting that he's 3-3 versus ranked teams in that 11-4 span, and 1-1 vs top 10 teams.

squicken

@JonSolomonCBS
Since 2014, Texas A&M is the 5th SEC team to lose 3+ games after getting ranked in the top 4 of the initial CFP rankings.

Pretty terrible season by the end. Not only can they still not beat LSU, but either Texas or LSU is going to get the coach they need. They are Arkansas

cashman

Banned
Pretty terrible season by the end. Not only can they still not beat LSU, but either Texas or LSU is going to get the coach they need. They are Arkansas
How many times has A&M won 8 games before sumlin? Seems like they are doing fine considering they are in the sec west

Rocketz

Today is the day! Winner is headed to Detroit next Friday for the MAC title game. I'm off at 4:30 and will be home just in time for the game to start. Beer is waiting for me in the fridge.

CyHjA69W8AAg1_2.jpg

squicken

How many times has A&M won 8 games before sumlin? Seems like they are doing fine considering they are in the sec west

He's been their only coach during their SEC existence. But A&M isn't interested in being Arkansas. Their football budget is top 10 and they pay Sumlin top 5 money. Bad ROI. His best team is still his first year when he had Sherman's recruits who had been developed by Sherman's staff

ag-my001

He's been their only coach during their SEC existence. But A&M isn't interested in being Arkansas. Their football budget is top 10 and they pay Sumlin top 5 money. Bad ROI. His best team is still his first year when he had Sherman's recruits who had been developed by Sherman's staff
Eh, I'm mostly ok with what Sumlin has done. Back in the Fran and Sherman years we were struggling to compete with Oklahoma State and Tech (no, I have not forgotten the time we tried a one man rush. It didn't work.) We had lost to Arkansas three straight.

I believe we are objectively ahead of where we would have been if we had stayed Big12 or gone with another coach. The thing that gets me (sorry Bulldog fans) is that we should not be losing to Mississippi State. Injuries to starting quarterbacks aside, we out-recruit, out-talent, and just about everything else except out-play them.

As a homer fan, I'm fine losing to Bama (just keep it close), want a 50/50 record against LSU, and just plain beat everyone else. For who to blame that this isn't the case, I don't know. The defense has actually improved (shocking!) while the offense is better now that Spavitol is gone. But where will they be next year without Knight, Garrett, etc.? Player development is the big issue. I say give Sumlin the next year, but make it clear that anything under nine regular season wins is unacceptable.

As an aside, anyone know how P.J. Fleck feels about the south? I feel like he's A&M's kind of crazy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
This season for Baylor played out almost exactly like I hoped it would for our game today, with a quick start then collapse as the mental toll of the scandal took its toll and injuries hit their thin depth chart, and we still may not be able to take advantage.

Our offensive inconsistency has been killing us. The defense is the defense, we all knew what that would look like in general, but the offense falling flat so often this season really hurts.

Nike giving Ohio state the new lebron cleats for tomorrow's game. They know how to market.

Team lebron vs jumpman
I'm really shocked that Nike/LeBron hadn't made like a marketing deal yet where they put LeBron's crown on the unis like they did with Michigan and Jumpman..

That seems like a missed opportunity there..

I wonder what awful retread our garbage AD will get now?

Also you guys harp on the boosters, the boosters are the only reason shit ever actually gets done at Texas, the Athletic Department is a fucking MESS.

I know Fenves wants Charlie back no matter what, but he needs to accept that it's a lost cause.

I wonder what awful retread our garbage AD will get now?

Also you guys harp on the boosters, the boosters are the only reason shit ever actually gets done at Texas, the Athletic Department is a fucking MESS.

I know Fenves wants Charlie back no matter what, but he needs to accept that it's a lost cause.

Not me. I posted this on the shag last night

perfectchaos007 on shaggytejas said:
Big donors can fuck things up, but its in times like this I'm glad we have them. When one person who's clueless and disconnected is about to make a terrible decision like keeping Strong another year (Fenves), Donors can use their power by threatening to pull their millions in donations that the university needs. And Fenves will get overruled if thats the case

Top Bottom