• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 (2.0) - Police Behavior Analysis

(My very first thread. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my own works on this site and didn't get a response from NeoGaf administrators if I could!)

Non-voiced commentary analysis.

00:00 Introduction
1:12 Game and Police Introduction
5:35 Wanted System - NCPD
19:05 MaxTac
24:14 Wanted System - Militech
27:20 Wanted System - Barghest
29:37 Investigation and Search modes
33:45 Evading from the police
37:51 Jurisdictions
39:56 Dispatchers
45:30 General Behavior
58:34 - Issues

Eotheod

So scrubbing through, the police still have a lot of reactionary issues which makes them somewhat erratic and unpredictable to certain degrees. There is also the issue that once a chase has concluded the AI doesn't switch back into general "patrol" scripting, which breaks a lot of the game's interactive means.

There is also the issue that once a chase has concluded the AI doesn't switch back into general "patrol" scripting, which breaks a lot of the game's interactive means.
Pretty much. It's like they no longer have patrol AI and still use chase AI (or investigation AI) that is permanently on non-emergency driving that allows them to disregard traffic laws and may crash into things. It's possible the developers forgot to put the patrol AI back in place for patrol and dispatched units once a chase on you/NPC is concluded.

poodaddy

How bout a summary man? Good on you with this level of analysis, but many people are not gonna sit through an hour on this.

Top Bottom