• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zapiks44

CDPR already censored posters a year ago after ResetEra and Twitter sperged out about transphobia. They also removed genders from the game entirely to appease the woke crowd. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of censorship involved in Cyberpunk.

If they're trying to "appease the woke crowd", then they utterly failed. Resetera recently locked all Cyberpunk-related threads for a day to protest CDPR's supposed transphobia, and they're planning on doing it again on release day. FFS, imagine a video game forum intentionally banning all discussion of the most anticipated video game of the year on its release day.

Also disappointed to see that poster censorship. Hopefully that won't be present on the PC version.

zapiks44

Seven years to make a game? Seems to be getting worse. Soon it will take 10+ years to make a damn game. I can't imagine working on the same project for so long.

I'm afraid that's the price we pay for all the technical and graphical improvements we've seen in gaming recently. All that detailed artwork and animations isn't going to spring into existence by itself. Star Citizen is approaching eight years in development and still no release date in sight.

Catphish

I will be tempted to buy this game on release, but I'm going to try to hold off until Christmas. It'll give me something to get me to look forward to. :)

Can someone aware me on the alleged transphobia of Cyberpunk? I don't understand why CDPR is getting hate to be honest.
It started with the chromanticore ad. The trans girl with the boner is transphobic, the context and why it exists in this dystopian world doesn't matter according to the underdeveloped bird brains, they rather take context from outside the games lore to cook up all kinds of conspiracies as to why CDPR and the game is transphobic and everyone working there is literally Hitler.

Take the fact that CDPR is polish for example. All polacks without exception are very anti-LGBT, hence everyone at CDPR is a *phobe.

This is the braindead shit they come up with to justify their bullshit and there is a lot more. It's honestly a waste of time to read up on this as it's only making you dumber. It's best to ignore this shit.

ScreechEra has a pinned thread in gaming if you really want to "expand your horizon".

Methos#1975

Yeah same here. I think the PS5 will be a smarter choice, as it has won the most comparisons so far.

This is a last gen game with no next gen enhancements yet so the XSX and PS5 experience will be based solely on the merits of the Pro or X versions enhancements over the base last gen consoles. And based on what we have seen the past few years I think it's a pretty safe bet to say the X version will be better than the Pro version which will flow over into next gen performance at release.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It started with the chromanticore ad. The trans girl with the boner is transphobic, the context and why it exists in this dystopian world doesn't matter according to the underdeveloped bird brains, they rather take context from outside the games lore to cook up all kinds of conspiracies as to why CDPR and the game is transphobic and everyone working there is literally Hitler.

Take the fact that CDPR is polish for example. All polacks without exception are very anti-LGBT, hence everyone at CDPR is a *phobe.

This is the braindead shit they come up with to justify their bullshit and there is a lot more. It's honestly a waste of time to read up on this as it's only making you dumber. It's best to ignore this shit.

ScreechEra has a pinned thread in gaming if you really want to "expand your horizon".
Mfw they're almost worse than I thought.

waquzy

This is a last gen game with no next gen enhancements yet so the XSX and PS5 experience will be based solely on the merits of the Pro or X versions enhancements over the base last gen consoles. And based on what we have seen the past few years I think it's a pretty safe bet to say the X version will be better than the Pro version which will flow over into next gen performance at release.
True, I would even probably prefer getting it for XSX, as I have more free storage on it.

Alienware

Apart from the fact that I feel dumber already by having lurked in there for half and hour, other than that pinned thread filled with tinfoil hat stuff and accusations without any basis or evidence or even logic for that matter, what's even more laughable is how in the threads regarding the game where gamers discuss things normally and yeah are even hyped about the game, just like in here, these losers post at least once a page to remind us why CDPR is so bad.

Why I normally don't really care about sales, I hope the game is a huge success with millions of copies sold throughout every platform, just to read the cringy takes and some serious salty tears.

vpance

I remember they were pretty agreeable with CDPR’s explanation of that ad. But maybe it was just a Tuesday. And a new moon 🙃

zwiggelbig

Seven years to make a game? Seems to be getting worse. Soon it will take 10+ years to make a damn game. I can't imagine working on the same project for so long.
it was being worked on with a small team in 2012-2013. Getting the basis. The only shifted to full production after the witcher 3

It started with the chromanticore ad.

The gender bender cancel squad where out against CDPR from before that. It pretty much dates back as far as CDPR & GOG posting these tweets.

image1.png

DqJaf22V4AA52U-

They have been framed as "alt-right" & pro gamergate for other stuff prior. Like this.

GOG-noscale.jpg

Last edited:

Dries

The gender bender cancel squad where out against CDPR from before that. It pretty much dates back as far as CDPR & GOG posting these tweets.

image1.png

DqJaf22V4AA52U-

They have been framed as "alt-right" & pro gamergate for other stuff prior. Like this.

GOG-noscale.jpg

To be honest though, these tweets are kinda disrespectful. For a triple A developer which is even publicly traded on the polish stock market it just seems unproffessional. CDPR also thought that obviously, since the dude was fired pretty quick. But it's always too bad to see the whole company shoved under the bus since it was probably just a shitty dude making shitty tweets.

Last edited:
To be honest though, these tweets are kinda disrespectful. For a triple A developer which is even publicly traded on the polish stock market it just seems unproffessional. CDPR also thought that obviously, since the dude was fired pretty quick. But it's always too bad to see the whole company shoved under the bus since it was probably just a shitty dude making shitty tweets.

Exactly, it opened the door for everything to be scrutinised and for outrage to be invented when scrutiny doesn't come up with anything. They can never appease that mob, so im glad they have started to ignore them (in relation to the cosplay outrage nonsense).

Rikkori

Probably a bad choice for the dude, but considering the non-sense other game companies put on their twitter, it's not bad. Either way, I loved seeing the snowflakes get triggered because no matter how hard they're against it, they'll still cave & buy and play the game. Morally conflicted and all.

So-good.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i think i might pre order now. surely it is 100% coming out next week. right? usually don't pre order but i have the money sitting here which i'll probably spend. also need to pre order at some point to get the preload. gonna get it on GOG.

edit: DONE :) you can all blame me if it gets delayed again.

4Su1cP7.jpg

Last edited:

Dries

Exactly, it opened the door for everything to be scrutinised and for outrage to be invented when scrutiny doesn't come up with anything. They can never appease that mob, so im glad they have started to ignore them (in relation to the cosplay outrage nonsense).

For sure. But I also don't think CDPR is actively trying to "please" a certain mob. The most employees probably don't even know Resetera extists, let alone visting the site. They are literally competing with Rockstar for sales, so it's logical they make a game which 99% of the population has no issues with. The 1% of the population (prob most of ERA) being offended? In the large picture this doesn't actually matter that much business-wise.

Spaceman292

Banned
Avoid it. For now it’s not real spoilers. They’re lying, one of the CDPR dev confirmed those were fake.

But please be careful if you want to enjoy the game without getting spoiled. The same shit happened with RDR2. The comments Under YouTube, YouTubers trying to bait a click spoiling shit randomly, Reddit threads, literal redditors who messaged you privately just to spoil shit and etc

It’s just the start, all manners of crazy will happen soon, so many people want this game to fail.
I remember watching a video about how to cook spaghetti, I glanced at the suggested videos and saw PERSONA 5 FINAL BOSS AND ENDING BIG SPOILERZZZ. The day before that game came out.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

You've got to be kidding surely? There's not a damn thing wrong with those tweets. If you're that easily offended then perhaps you just need to stay away from people. Social media accounts often make jokes to build a relationship with customers, because most people aren't humourless automatons.

Dries

You've got to be kidding surely? There's not a damn thing wrong with those tweets. If you're that easily offended then perhaps you just need to stay away from people. Social media accounts often make jokes to build a relationship with customers, because most people aren't humourless automatons.

Look, I personally wasn’t offended obviously. You’re also not, which is fine. But more opinions other than ours do exist. I’m just saying I can see where those people are coming from. Not saying I agree, but I get their perspective.

Last edited:

There is nothing disrespectful about those tweets. The tentative language "kinda" and the lack of any attempt to show what you're telling should enlighten everyone on how solid the ground you're treading is.

Additionally, any claims about alleged CDPR transphobia can be made in forums were moderators will make sure anyone who dares to debunk them is instantly and permanently banned. Anywhere else, the opportunity exist for such slanderous accusations to be exposed for the fraudulent claims that they are.

If the criterion for disrespect is someone somewhere claiming they've been offended, then I claim I am offended by your post. Please delete your post and, if applicable, resign from any PR position you may hold.

It's appreciated.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

To be fair. The original trailer was really little more than a CGI announcement of them having acquired the IP. They hadn't really started on the game proper until after that in terms of fleshing it out etc and Staffing up. So it was very much embryonic for quite some time.

Assuming the game is successful (which all indications are it's going to be) it's unlikely to take nearly as long to come up with a sequel now the heavy lifting of the worldbuilding etc has been carried out. Albeit they've promised a couple of substantive DLCs for CP2077 (which I dare say are in development), I wouldn't be surprised if they are already in the preliminary stages of working up a full follow up title, at least in terms of the plotline.

Dries

There is nothing disrespectful about those tweets. The tentative language "kinda" and the lack of any attempt to show what you're telling should enlighten anyone about how solid the ground you're treading is.

Additionally, any claims about alleged CDPR transphobia can be made in forums were moderators will make sure anyone who dares to debunk them is instantly and permanently banned. Anywhere else, the opportunity exist for such slanderous accusations to be exposed for the fraudulent claims that they are.

If the criterion for disrespect is someone somewhere claiming they've been offended, then I claim I am offended by your post. Please delete your post and, if applicable, resign from any PR position you may hold.

It's appreciated.

sure, that’s cool. You have your opinion and I have mine. The difference at this forum is we can still live alongside each other and agree to disagree:messenger_peace:

I tried to figure this out and be empathetic to it. But resetera legit built an absolutely bonkers conspiracy based off of tweets from the cyberpunk Twitter on pronouns, the chromatica ad, failure to correct the ad, letting a cis girl cosplay as the ad which is bad because it sexualizes trans people I guess. The voice being tied to gender. Like it’s mostly just them guessing at shit. The way women were treated in the Witcher 3... just collecting all this really superficial evidence to support this theory. It’s one of the most insane outrages I’ve ever seen.

sure, that’s cool. You have your opinion and I have mine. The difference at this forum is we can still live alongside each other and agree to disagree:messenger_peace:

Indeed.
And I get to call out bullshit allegations worded in vague tentative language and the customary zero substantiation, like the ones to which your previous post attempted to give credibility yet failed miserably.

Have a wonderful day!

TVexperto

I tried to figure this out and be empathetic to it. But resetera legit built an absolutely bonkers conspiracy based off of tweets from the cyberpunk Twitter on pronouns, the chromatica ad, failure to correct the ad, letting a cis girl cosplay as the ad which is bad because it sexualizes trans people I guess. The voice being tied to gender. Like it’s mostly just them guessing at shit. The way women were treated in the Witcher 3... just collecting all this really superficial evidence to support this theory. It’s one of the most insane outrages I’ve ever seen.
EraShills literally said even if the game has perfect trans representation they would still hate the company and game forever.

EraShills literally said even if the game has perfect trans representation they would still hate the company and game forever.
What I don’t really understand is like - isn’t the mere fact that trans people are acknowledged at all in this game a step up from literally every other videogame? Like I have never played a game where there is a trans character - and is it that much of a problem they had a sexualized one when EVERYONE is sexualized in cyberpunk? It’s a real head scratcher

EDIT: and the LEVEL of outrage the supposed offenses have caused is like, totally off the charts. You would think CDPR is composed solely of like pedophiles or something reading the way they talk about them

Last edited:

shubik

For the love and sake of all our favorite hobby, can we plllleeeeeeease not make out of Cyberpunk the next "The last of us Part 2 scenario"?!?!

Nobody enjoyed those discussions and those endless wars. Can we at least enjoy this fucking game in the year 2020 or do we also need to destroy this little ray of sunlight as well?

vpance

What I don’t really understand is like - isn’t the mere fact that trans people are acknowledged at all in this game a step up from literally every other videogame? Like I have never played a game where there is a trans character - and is it that much of a problem they had a sexualized one when EVERYONE is sexualized in cyberpunk? It’s a real head scratcher

EDIT: and the LEVEL of outrage the supposed offenses have caused is like, totally off the charts. You would think CDPR is composed solely of like pedophiles or something reading the way they talk about them

Trans are a protected class, so you can’t do wrong by them in any way shape or form even if it’s just a work of fiction. This applies much more so in general for video games for some reason. That’s the way their ideology works.

CDPR entertained them by giving a few inches, which they’ve gone and taken miles. That’s just how leftist brains work.

For the love and sake of all our favorite hobby, can we plllleeeeeeease not make out of Cyberpunk the next "The last of us Part 2 scenario"?!?!

Nobody enjoyed those discussions and those endless wars. Can we at least enjoy this fucking game in the year 2020 or do we also need to destroy this little ray of sunlight as well?

There’s a better chance it won’t happen on this site hopefully. LOU 2 had some genuine narrative problems for me but people went way overboard with it. Video gaming communities are super intense for some weird reason.

Trans are a protected class, so you can’t do wrong by them in any way shape or form even if it’s just a work of fiction. This applies much more so in general for video games for some reason. That’s the way their ideology works.

CDPR entertained them by giving a few inches, which they’ve gone and taken miles. That’s just how leftist brains work.

As a liberal/technically leftist person. I’m telling you that forum is not representative of even the most extreme of my friends in the real world NYC theater community - which is about as extreme left as you get. And don’t get me wrong - they can be pretty insufferable when it comes to having any independent thought - but I feel like resetera is something you can really only find in online echo chambers where the echo has gone on for so long it becomes like a warped version of psychological telephone. They are really the epitome of everything wrong with the left right now. But they really aren’t representative of leftists imo.

Last edited:

Dries

Indeed.
And I get to call out bullshit allegations worded in vague tentative language and the customary zero substantiation, like the ones to which your previous post attempted to give credibility yet failed miserably.

Have a wonderful day!

Haha, sure man. Whatever floats your boat. Have a good day as well :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

Fuck no, Dec 10th can’t come soon enough. Got a whole week off work, I’ll literally be in gaming heaven.

vpance

Jesus fucking christ... You almost made a normal comment. That even kind of made sense. All to top it off with this bullshit at the end.

What kind of person so you think I’m talking about when I say leftist? FWIW I’m not using that term to describe any run of the mill left leaning person. I’m talking about people on the extreme end of that spectrum.

B Balducci30 relevant to your post above too.

shubik

What kind of person so you think I’m talking about when I say leftist? FWIW I’m not using that term to describe any run of the mill left leaning person. I’m talking about people on the extreme end of that spectrum.

B Balducci30 relevant to your post above too.

But the term "left" or "leftist" is clearly defined. There is no need for a new definition from you. I think you made your valid point absolutely clear without the need to use such a broad political term. You are simply not doing your own argument any kind of favor. (just my two cents)

vpance

But the term "left" or "leftist" is clearly defined. There is no need for a new definition from you. I think you made your valid point absolutely clear without the need to use such a broad political term. You are simply not doing your own argument any kind of favor. (just my two cents)

Pretty sure left doesn't equate with leftist. But you know what I mean now.

The spectrum of what is left and right has been massively shifted anyways. Like anyone on here that considers themselves on the left would most likely not be by those on Ree.

Javthusiast

Banned
Pretty sure left doesn't equate with leftist. But you know what I mean now.

The spectrum of what is left and right has been massively shifted anyways. Like anyone on here that considers themselves on the left would most likely not be by those on Ree.

Yep, on Ree you are either the fartest left you can be or you are immediately an alt right nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom