• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Interview — CD Projekt Talks Night City, Gameplay, Quest Design and Much More.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-interview-ps4-xbox-one-pc/
G: You guys have mentioned multiplayer in a few occasions, and I know you can’t tell me anything specific. Cyberpunk 2077 is inspired by pen & paper roleplay, and I have always wondered why developers simply don’t create a very simple online environment with no combat or actual gameplay, but that people can visit with their customized characters, and roleplay old-style in text or otherwise, enjoying the fantasy and the storytelling. Maybe a bar or something similar? I think many would enjoy something like this, which would be basically an online social roleplay space based on the game.

PM: I don’t know if that discussion has ever happened. Certainly, I’ve thought about things like that, but I’m a Quest Designer so it’s not my specific area. We do have research and development in multiplayer going on. We’re gonna be shipping a single-player game, but what happens after that, we’ll see.

G: Are there destructible environments in the game?

PM: There is some limited destruction, but we’re still doing research on how far we are able to take that. In the demo when bullets are flying walls are crumbling and things like that. We’re still working on how much exactly of that we’re gonna be able to do. For the purpose of the demo it’s easy to control, but when you start to build the game up, you may find out that some of that can break other things, or maybe the memory resources are needed elsewhere. It’s something that we’re interested in pursuing, and we’ll see where it goes.

G: All right. I’ll take that. [Laughs] At E3 you revealed that the game is going to be first-person only. Personally, I enjoy the idea, but of course, the reaction has been polarized. Can you tell me more about the feedback you received and whether any adjustments have been made? Is CD Projekt firm in the decision?

PM: We are firm in that decision. However, we’re very aware that a lot of people don’t like first-person, and there is a small number of people who can’t play first-person for a variety of reasons.

What I’m hoping we’re able to do is to give difficulty options and maybe some sensibility options, and maybe this could be the first first-person game that some people will like, or that some people are able to play. We do hear that feedback and criticism. It is a decision we’re sticking with, but we want as many people as possible to play the game, so there may be things that we’re able to do in that way.

G: Is there prostitution in the game?

PM: Certainly prostitution exists in Night City. Whether or not you’ll be able to interface with the prostitutes, I don’t know. At some level, certainly, because there are prostitutes in the city.

Check the link for the full interview.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...e-missions-are-interwoven-with-the-main-story

Speaking to GamingBolt, Miles Tost, Level Designer for CD Projekt RED, noted that the outcomes of side quests could end up influencing the main storyline itself.

“Side quests are great opportunities for us to tell stories of our cyberpunk world. After all, despite not being a part of the main questline, they are still connected to the world and can elaborate on certain parts of it, like the characters,” he said. “So it’s all interwoven. And yes, that also means that our side quests could affect the main story.”

The world will also feel completely alive, with the player feeling like a part of it—which, after all, they, as V, are. For instance, Tost explained how the police in the game might respond to any lawbreaking done by the player.

“It’s really important to us to portray a world that you feel a part of, so naturally, the world also has to react to your presence,” he said. “Regarding this particular example, let me just say the Night City police don’t react lightly to people stepping out of the line. Their cyber implants, as well as advanced weaponry make them not a pushover, either.”

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Boss Mog

I'm not gonna have insane expectations for this game because I don't want to be let down, but if they can raise the bar set by Human Revolution and Mankind Divided for that genre of game then I will be more than happy.

Top Bottom