• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Is In “Final Stage” Of Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

CD Projekt announced their financial results for the 1st quarter of 2020, saying they had their best year ever in both profit and revenue. Not too surprising then that they actually managed to edge Ubisoft out as the biggest gaming company in Europe. In their financial report, they also mentioned Cyberpunk 2077, saying that the development was in the final stages.

“CD PROJEKT RED is carrying out with the final stage of development of its most expansive RPG to-date: Cyberpunk 2077. The game features a vibrant, high-tech open world, where players assume the role of V – a cyberpunk who has recently migrated to the most dangerous metropolis of the future: Night City. Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay follows the rules of the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG system created by Mike Pondsmith.”

Life

I wonder just how big it's gonna be......how many places can you actually enter, explore, random NPCs etc. It will probably surpass any other game before it in that regard.

GDmilkman

Neo Member
With everything going on it might get delayed again, but there's nobody really to blame given the state of everything.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
All the interesting classes, like corporate, rockerboy, media etc in favour of standard soldier/hacker. Lethality of combat,cyberpsychosis (getting insane from implant abusing)

Basically it seems to be Cyberpunk in lore only and some mechanics
Do we really know all the game mechanics deeply enough to make that conclusion? The game isn't even out yet.

kingbean

How is CDPR in the optimization department, generally speaking? I know Witcher 3 was hard to run maxed out when it released.

That's why I'm worried, because Witcher 2 was also hard on hardware.

My gtx1080ti might not be doing great at 1440p D:

kingbean

Will probably be hard on CPUs, one of the reasons my 2600K was finally put to rest (I mean sold), 8 threads might not be enough (and poor IPC after 9 years on the market).

:\

I've got 8 cores 8 threads with my i7 9700k. I really hope it's good IPC will keep it in good standing for a few years.

Armorian

Banned
:\

I've got 8 cores 8 threads with my i7 9700k. I really hope it's good IPC will keep it in good standing for a few years.

In W3 at least engine uses all threads but not much difference above 8 I think. Difference will probably be bigger here but 9700k should brute force through it. At least if you don't aim for 144fps or something.

kingbean

In W3 at least engine uses all threads but not much difference above 8 I think. Difference will probably be bigger here but 9700k should brute force through it. At least if you don't aim for 144fps or something.

I don't aim for anything but 60fps in most AAA games. My setup might be high end, but it's not the highest of ends.
I've got a 144hz gsync monitor, and only really push for my pvp shooters to be 90+

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You'll probably be fine. Depending on what your target resolution and FPS are, it's most likely that a GPU upgrade gives you the most bang for your buck.

Vitter.

Wish I could have a powerful pc to play this, will get it for ps4 pro because I can't wait... but maybe next gen will boost it too! And the multiplayer will come later, curios to see what that will entail even though im an sp player.

H . R . 2

CD Projekt announced their financial results for the 1st quarter of 2020, saying they had their best year ever in both profit and revenue. Not too surprising then that they actually managed to edge Ubisoft out as the biggest gaming company in Europe. In their financial report, they also mentioned Cyberpunk 2077, saying that the development was in the final stages.

“CD PROJEKT RED is carrying out with the final stage of development of its most expansive RPG to-date: Cyberpunk 2077. The game features a vibrant, high-tech open world, where players assume the role of V – a cyberpunk who has recently migrated to the most dangerous metropolis of the future: Night City. Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay follows the rules of the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG system created by Mike Pondsmith.”
so only 3 years left?

I've become a completely different person since this game was announced back in 2013. IT"S BEEN 7 YEARS! let's just hope it was worth it.
if they don't show night time footage and on consoles, it's time to start worrying

CrysisFreak

Banned
Arthur.
Have some god damn patience.
One more delay.
And we'll join the Voodoo Boys in Tahiti. Or was it Haiti?
Just need some polishing.
Mangoes.

Top Bottom