• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 refunds are now reportedly being offered by GameStop

Bullet Club

Cyberpunk 2077 refunds are now reportedly being offered by GameStop

Internal memo advises staff to accept returns for “defective” game

GameStop is now accepting Cyberpunk 2077 returns and offering full refunds, according to multiple reports.

After the game launched earlier this month with a host of technical problems, CD Projekt pledged to improve the experience with a series of patches but also said customers not wanting to keep it could get their money back.

Sony and Microsoft subsequently began offering refunds to customers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 digitally. The former even pulled the game from sale on the PlayStation Store, while Microsoft added a performance warning to the title’s Xbox store page.

US retailer GameStop initially said it would not accept returns for opened copies of the game, which is standard policy for most retailers, but the company has since changed its tune.

Vice reporter Patrick Klepek said multiple GameStop employees have shown him an internal memo indicating the company is now accepting Cyberpunk 2077 returns, even if the game has been opened.

The memo, which was also obtained by Kotaku, instructs employees to accept returns and label the games as “Defective” before sending them back to GameStop warehouses.

Customers wanting to return Cyberpunk 2077 must do so within 30 days of purchase, it adds.

Cyberpunk 2077’s troubled launch has resulted in CD Projekt shares tumbling over the past 12 days and wiping over $1 billion off the wealth of the company’s founders.

CD Projekt is also facing potential class action lawsuits over its alleged misrepresentation of Cyberpunk 2077.

One law firm and CD Projekt investor said it’s analysing grounds for legal action on the basis of “misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits”. Another law firm said it’s investigating potential securities claims on behalf of CD Projekt shareholders, “resulting from allegations that CD Projekt may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public.”

Source: VGC

killatopak

Gold Member
One of my friends wanter a refund because he only has a base PS4 but we don’t know if CDPR offers physical refunds in countries outside US and EU.

Not surprised.

A Moderator on official Cyberpunk 2077 forum just advised gamers to not play the game as much otherwise the save will CORRUPT. Advises not to put the game in that position where the game save can start to become corrupted and tank your progress.

Rather advises to play the game and keep crafting to a minimum and just start a new play through with a new character. Rinse & repeat.

Jesus tapdancing Christ !!! I can't... I just fucking can't
3-nVEEwIaPhIc44N0QfwaSGSFIIhO-Sq7VMEuLUDG6hiS7lcqHQT3rIWrBLWJMksY3pw-Qkz3a_TVHDaWcIMkWdzbocPiVmVHmkkISdN5xqbOZn8_dRyLcPbMq3ExoWuYLFk=w220-h168

Source:
I'm done defending Cyberpunk 2077

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this OP, I still have my receipt. Gonna try it for a few more hours this week, then return it this weekend

Last edited:
Not surprised.

A Moderator on official Cyberpunk 2077 forum just advised gamers to not play the game as much otherwise the save will CORRUPT. Advises not to put the game in that position where the game save can start to become corrupted and tank your progress.

Rather advises to play the game and keep crafting to a minimum and just start a new play through with a new character. Rinse & repeat.

3-nVEEwIaPhIc44N0QfwaSGSFIIhO-Sq7VMEuLUDG6hiS7lcqHQT3rIWrBLWJMksY3pw-Qkz3a_TVHDaWcIMkWdzbocPiVmVHmkkISdN5xqbOZn8_dRyLcPbMq3ExoWuYLFk=w220-h168

Source:
I'm done defending Cyberpunk 2077

You're falling for clickbait. The amount you need to exploit the game to have your save file grow so large is absurd. I'm currently testing this myself, I pick up every piece of loot and do every single side activity in the game, 40+ hours later my save file is 3mb, it needs to hit 8 to become corrupted, will report back on how much it takes to hit 8.

You're falling for clickbait. The amount you need to exploit the game to have your save file grow so large is absurd. I'm currently testing this myself, I pick up every piece of loot and do every single side activity in the game, 40+ hours later my save file is 3mb, it needs to hit 8 to become corrupted, will report back on how much it takes to hit 8.
Its not about picking up loot but the crafting that is broken. People have been encountering issues that relates to them getting their crafting to level 20. That's where the issue is.
If you read the reports you'll know it's to do with item crafting.

Its not about picking up loot but the crafting that is broken. People have been encountering issues that relates to them getting their crafting to level 20. That's where the issue is.
If you read the reports you'll know it's to do with item crafting.

I watched the video you linked, he says it's also item pickups.

I watched the video you linked, he says it's also item pickups.
You'd have to horde tons of items but the crafting adds more to the problem. A user on the Cyberpunk forums created a macro that crafted items for 1 hour and it bloated the save file past the 8mb threshold and stated the results can be reached in normal gameplay without just sitting there crafting non stop.
Anyone wanting to 100% this game is going to have their game save borked.
That is a guarantee.

Not surprised.

A moderator on the official forums?
Which one?
Because that's a crucial detail.

Because most of the mod team there is not affiliated with CDPR in an official capacity. Because mods can still post whatever they want and it in no way binds CD Projekt RED. Because the official stance is what official statements made by people who actually work at CD Projekt RED detail.

Why would you leave out the crucial detail of whether that mod is doing so in an official CDPR capacity or not?

Why?

If it is a CDPR employee, then by all means do criticize the absurd official statement. If it's not, then it's your absurd suggestion that needs to be criticized.

Honesty - Where art thou?

Yes, asking more than memes and a smiley as a reaction is clearly asking too much of your presence around here.

The entire forum would be ill-advised not to lower expectations.
Expect smileys, memes and a boatful of "someone somewhere said something".

An, and don't forget to call people who disagree with you "bootlickers".
It's the latest fad.

as1m

Banned
Damn, CDPR getting bitch slapped left right & centre. Should have been upfront about the console versions. Would have prevented this shit show.

A moderator on the official forums?
Which one?
Because that's a crucial detail.

Because most of the mod team there is not affiliated with CDPR in an official capacity. Because mods can still post whatever they want and it in no way binds CD Projekt RED. Because the official stance is what official statements made by people who actually work at CD Projekt RED detail.

Why would you leave out the crucial detail of whether that mod is doing so in an official CDPR capacity or not?

Why?

If it is a CDPR employee, then by all means do criticize the absurd official statement. If it's not, then it's your absurd suggestion that needs to be criticized.

Honesty - Where art thou?

Yes, asking more than memes and a smiley as a reaction is clearly asking too much of your presence around here.

The entire forum would be ill-advised not to lower expectations.
Expect smileys, memes and a boatful of "someone somewhere said something".

An, and don't forget to call people who disagree with you "bootlickers".
It's the latest fad.
Cyberpunk forum

The Verge reporting it and quoting GOG

GOG:
Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered.
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

The above bolded is exactly what the mod posted in official forum (above link) when discussing the game save issue.

Yes its absurd that people are having to alter their way of playing the game so they don't tank their game saves.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk forum

The Verge reporting it and quoting GOG

GOG:
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

The above bolded is exactly what the mod posted in official forum (above link) when discussing the game save issue.

The first mod that shows up in that thread is not a CDPR employee. If you have someone else in mind, please provide a direct link.

As for the GOG.com, part of CD Projekt , they say:
"
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way
" (source)

So:

1. They dropped the ball on this one.
2. For the time being, use the workaround.
3. A fix might come sometime in the future, but it won't work retroactively because the file has already been corrupted.

They screwed-up. No question about it. This reply itself doesn't sound too unreasonable. Maybe I'm missing something here, though

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
they did, the ceo said in interviews it ran suprisingly well! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It probably does work surprisingly well given last gen tech. I’ve seen footage of the pro version and honestly it looks fine. that’s the problem with a quote like that, It’s a subjective statement. It’s not like they made a fake video and labeled it PS4.

if this entire lawsuit hinges on gamers taking “surprisingly well” to mean “exactly on par with next gen consoles” then lol it is going nowhere

Last edited:
These responses from a mod on the official CDPR forum in response to the save file issue are actually comedy gold 😂 Imagine, blaming people who play the game for 80 hours when it’s supposed to be 30-50 hours long.

Seems like this company really doesn’t know when to shut up, bad looks everywhere (yeah I know they are not a CDPR employee but as a mod on the official forums they do have a certain amount of representation for them).

dHp24Mm.jpg

wSTnLLS.jpg

Last edited:
What a disaster this launch has been. The gaming industry never learns it seems. Either that or the customer just moves on, forgets about it, and gets hyped for next product from another publisher.

Nice I'm going to return mine then. By the time the next gen versions drop and all the issues are fixed the game should be cheaper or discounted.

Raphael

Its interesting as there were much messier games at launch not getting this treatment. Seems GS is in cahoots with the several us funds shorting cdpr.

Its interesting as there were much messier games at launch not getting this treatment. Seems GS is in cahoots with the several us funds shorting cdpr.
No mainstream, major game has had this combination of broken, buggy, messy, unpolished, awful performance on PS4/XB1, lying, deception, miscommunication and not delivering on many promised features as CP77; not by a long shot. That's a fact.

Sentenza

These responses from a mod on the official CDPR forum in response to the save file issue are actually comedy gold 😂 Imagine, blaming people who play the game for 80 hours when it’s supposed to be 30-50 hours long.

Seems like this company really doesn’t know when to shut up
Mods on the official forum are nothing more than overly enthusiastic fans that got the role for being consistently present on the board.

It's not just that they aren't CDPR employees, they are literally just users making guesses; people who don't know a single thing about the development.

Last edited:
Mods on the official forum are nothing more than overly enthusiastic fans that got the role for being consistently present on the board.

It's not just that they aren't CDPR employees, they are literally just users making guesses; people who don't know a single thing about the development.
I am aware, however, they have been given a position of responsibility by the company and messages like those reflect extremely poorly on a company with already bad press, regardless of the fact that they are not employees.

No Mans sky? Really? Cyberpunk is way better than nms was at launch.
NMS was a bad game that didn't deliver on its promise at launch. But it was fully playable on every platform it launched on. It was not broken, EXTREMELY buggy and did not limit playtime without a restart (or aggressive inventory management) due to save file corruption. CP77 is not playable on two platforms it launched on and they actively tried to hide that, using reviewers, making statements to the contrary and taking down any leaks.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Why are you defending CDPR? It shouldn't matter if it hit 8MBs or not. The save should get corrupted either way.

Seems like this company really doesn’t know when to shut up, bad looks everywhere (yeah I know they are not a CDPR employee but as a mod on the official forums they do have a certain amount of representation for them).
I played the game for 113 hours on my first playthrough. I specialized my character in crafting (maxed it out), crafted shit ton of items, weapons, clothing, you name it. My save file is 5.8MB.

The only people with save file size problems are the same who are abusing economy and using duplication glitches etc. If you're glitching the game you shouldn't cry when your save glitches out.

Internet drama, that's what it is.

I played the game for 113 hours on my first playthrough. I specialized my character in crafting (maxed it out), crafted shit ton of items, weapons, clothing, you name it. My save file is 5.8MB.

The only people with save file size problems are the same who are abusing economy and using duplication glitches etc. If you're glitching the game you shouldn't cry when your save glitches out.

Internet drama, that's what it is.

Ah, the classic anecdotal "everything was fine for me, therefore it isn't an issue" argument. I will add, I am enjoying the game myself on Xbox Series X, however, there is no chance that just because my experience on the next-gen console has been pretty good, I'm going to excuse what CDPR have done. This is an unpolished mess and needed more time in the oven. Though the game has performed fine for me due to using a Series X, and I've been having fun, there are small bugs and glitches everywhere.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Ah, the classic anecdotal "everything was fine for me, therefore it isn't an issue" argument. I will add, I am enjoying the game myself on Xbox Series X, however, there is no chance that just because my experience on the next-gen console has been pretty good, I'm going to excuse what CDPR have done. This is an unpolished mess and needed more time in the oven. Though the game has performed fine for me due to using a Series X, and I've been having fun, there are small bugs and glitches everywhere.
He's right though, this is people who are using exploits to fill up their inventory with 1000+ items.

I can only speak about my own experience. It seems that you can only speak about someone else experience. Classic indeed.
But you didn't only speak about your own experience, you spoke about everyone's and accused those who said they've had a corrupt save through normal play of using duplication glitches:

I am speaking of other people's experiences, as they've reported from their own mouths.

Top Bottom