• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk: How hard is it to be honest I'm the gaming industry? No other industry would get justification. Fool me once...

betrayal

Banned
Cyberpunk: How hard is it to be honest I'm the gaming industry? No other industry would get justification. Fool me once...

Media?
Food industry?
Pharmaceutical industry?
<everything that has to do with consuming> industry?

For all these industries it is probably true that out of about one thousand randomly selected examples there is usually not a single product where the truth or facts are not distorted in one way or another. Be it through ignorance or intentional fraud.

Last edited:
Hi, gaming industry, I’m dad.

Is it excusable for a “AAAA” game to launch in this condition? No, but I’m not sure why people are surprised given the numerous delays, reports of developemwnt hell, and CDPR’s history with releasing buggy and broken games. I’m looking at you, The Witcher 3. They probably should have delayed it for 6 extra months, but the masses would have been even angrier to hear that than to get their hands on the current product. So it doesn’t really matter, in a way, how broken the game is.

Hugare

Fuck your need for empathy. If you want people to feel sorry for you, go peddle your shit elsewhere.

If you genuinely expect people to feel sorry for enjoying something because you aren’t, you have more than a few screws loose.
Its not about wanting people to feel sorry, you dumbass

Its about using that gray mass inside your head to realize that if we normalize this kind of shit, developers will keep on delivering broken/bugged games and scamming people like they did with console users.

You can enjoy the game and still criticize CDPR for their shitty decisions.

I know that it may be hard for you, but try to rationalize about it

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck would people need to show empathy?
It's a game, a piece of entertainment. I haven't had any issues with bugs. I've had a great experience. And sorry to say it, but the only experience that matters to me, is mine.
If you have problems with your experience, then take it up with CDPR, not the people actually enjoying the game. And people have already taken it up with CDPR, which is why they are offering refunds. What more do you want exactly?
Blood.

MrS

Banned
I mean...

your on a forum with at least 3 threads of people constantly denying that there is anything seriously wrong with the game. I responded to one but just stopped after the OP went step by step how my opinion was factually wrong (as his opinion is fact not opinion) but since he was a mentally retarded cripple, I didn't want to respond with anything logical as it was apparent it would go in one ear, find nothing and then glitch through the floor and explode, before police spawn 2 feet directly behind them.

So sorry but the fact that this is the first game on open critic to come with a warning, or the fact that platform holders are allowing refunds is not an indication of something wrong, not in the slightest. Because once you have bent over backwards so far all you can see is the damp musty walls of your own arse, Cyberpunk somehow becomes the greatest game ever created.
Brilliantly put. I have no time for apologists who say the game has no problems on their 3090. The issue is that they deliberately misled last gen players and concealed the state of the game in the run up to launch.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I mean...

your on a forum with at least 3 threads of people constantly denying that there is anything seriously wrong with the game. I responded to one but just stopped after the OP went step by step how my opinion was factually wrong (as his opinion is fact not opinion) but since he was a mentally retarded cripple, I didn't want to respond with anything logical as it was apparent it would go in one ear, find nothing and then glitch through the floor and explode, before police spawn 2 feet directly behind them.

So sorry but the fact that this is the first game on open critic to come with a warning, or the fact that platform holders are allowing refunds is not an indication of something wrong, not in the slightest. Because once you have bent over backwards so far all you can see is the damp musty walls of your own arse, Cyberpunk somehow becomes the greatest game ever created.
Brilliantly put. I have no time for apologists who say the game has no problems on their 3090. The issue is that they deliberately misled last gen players and concealed the state of the game in the run up to launch.

Without a lawsuit, this is getting a diplomatic treat vs all other game companies that get butchered for the slightest things. I mean even pre-alpha games would run much better than this piece of crap. Those very apologists were attacking me for saying "I'll wait for next gen patch before buying it". Guess what? It seems that bugs aren't the only problems as the game has massive shit like jumping of a speeding car has zero impact, not even on 1990's are that shitfully thought. Also the open world is so dead and not interactive after massively overpromising it being so lively.

Some people were too overhyped that they went to denial now.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Its not about wanting people to feel sorry, you dumbass

Its about using that gray mass inside your head to realize that if we normalize this kind of shit, developers will keep on delivering broken/bugged games and scamming people like they did with console users.

You can enjoy the game and still criticize CDPR for their shitty decisions.

I know that it may be hard for you, but try to rationalize about it

You have literally been crying in this thread demanding that people who are having a good time to feel sorry for your whiny shit.

I suggest you look towards Era if you want to find a place to weaponise empathy. May be more your style.

It's not that people from this industry are magically more morally bankrupt than from others. I think it just means that videogames are a LOT harder to make and get right than say, films (obvs only talking about the crafting aspect of them, not the artistic value).

bender

What time is it?
Did you write the title of the thread in English, translate it into another language, and then translate it back into English before posting?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Did you write the title of the thread in English, translate it into another language, and then translate it back into English before posting?
Maybe he IS the gaming industry?

Top Bottom