• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cygames trademarks Project Awakening: Arise in Europe

Shin

Banned
Cygames has filed a trademark for “Project Awakening: Arise” in Europe.

Project Awakening” is the title of Cygames’ September 2018-announced action RPG for PlayStation 4. However, the subtitle “Arise” has never appeared before now.
Whether this is the final name of the game or something else—perhaps a demo—is unknown. “Something else” seems more likely, as we do not imagine the final title will retain the word “Project.” This is of course just speculation.

Project-Awakening-Arise-TM_01-14-19.jpg

Credit: Gematsu

Hudo

Man, I hope that this might be a sort-of successor to Dragon's Dogma, since Capcom seem to be busy with other things...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's this one, no? Weird they only just trademarked it?

And why trademark code names anyway. That's a dumb title if they keep it :p

Can't wait for some Monster Hunting goodness though :)

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned

That looks fucking amazing. Curiously enough bloodborne used to have the codename Project Beast.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Another tech demo? Is this Deep Down version 2.0?

Last edited:

Fbh

I've never heard of it but it looks pretty awesome.
A quick google search shows Cygames is mostly known for F2P mobile games though, so I'll keep expectations low

Last edited:

Razzorn34

These guys are on fire. Very soon they will be releasing 3 hot games in the period of a year.

They made a shitload off of Granblue Fantasy and others. It has enabled them to diversify into many other areas. They have several console games coming now, several E-sports teams, etc.

Last edited:
It sounds to soon for a release, considering we have only seen that teaser. Either it's a demo or the game is not as big as supposed to be.

Alexios

Even if it's just a demo it's still HYPE though, to see it in playable form and not just a video people can say is pre-rendered or otherwise scripted and faked :)

Alexios

Looks like pretty much the complete polar opposite of The Last Guardian and more like Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter if one has to compare to existing games (though it could also be like Souls depending on the world design, exploration and progression, lol).

Last edited:
Top Bottom