• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

Zornica

Banned
well, I'm here... or there... or in the chat. something like that

btw: I've been looking for a midi version of Remix 8 from Minna no Rhythm Tengoku/Rhythm Heaven Fever/Beat the Beat
alternative:"i love you 私の君" same song, different name

Lookie401

As you may or may not know a certant popular flashcard company release support for firmware up to 9.2 few days ago. Of course like I said before, I'm not waiting after New Year's Day so my JP 3DS is on the latest firmware. But my US 3DS is now "hacked" and the first thing I did was dump my own copy of DBBP to see how sharing custom song between different region 3DS works. It actually works great. So my US 3DS could be use as a middle-man to transfer songs once a community builds up. I'll say that's a good first step. :)

Zornica

Banned
except that nobody could use those songs, at least no one without a modified system, right?

anyway, we need to play again soon...

Lookie401

Yes and no.

Yes if you have at least one 3DS that's hacked so you can share/transfer custom song to another 3DS (that's not hacked; locally) or a jamming session via registered friends.

No if your 3DS is not hacked, not within another 3DS to do local sharing or registered friends.

And yes we should get together soon.

dhlt25

finally cracked open the game and download a few songs. It seems cool and super stylish but I don' t think I really get the appeal. The gameplay seems really basic unless I'm missing something.

Zornica

Banned
finally cracked open the game and download a few songs. It seems cool and super stylish but I don' t think I really get the appeal. The gameplay seems really basic unless I'm missing something.

sounds like you are missing something. which difficulty did you choose?

If you haven't been following the official Band Bros P Twitter, which only became active just a month or so ago, you should do that. Some recent news shared via it is that people who have purchased any tomatoes in the past can download Barbara the Bat's theme for free. Additionally, in celebration of Barbara's birthday, Donkey Kong and Dixie Kong outfits for your artist are available on the radio shop, and come with DKC1 and DKC2 medleys, respectively. Also there are comics.

Sorry I haven't played in a while, things have been awfully busy lately and will likely continue to be so for the next week.

Zornica

Banned
If you haven't been following the official Band Bros P Twitter, which only became active just a month or so ago, you should do that. Some recent news shared via it is that people who have purchased any tomatoes in the past can download Barbara the Bat's theme for free. Additionally, in celebration of Barbara's birthday, Donkey Kong and Dixie Kong outfits for your artist are available on the radio shop, and come with DKC1 and DKC2 medleys, respectively. Also there are comics.

Sorry I haven't played in a while, things have been awfully busy lately and will likely continue to be so for the next week.

bought! even though they sound kinda shitty.
but I need to waste 27 more tomatoes anyway before they rot in a few days...

Some of the instrumentation is kinda wonky and there are missing parts due to having to use the same instruments for every song in the medley, but I thought they were cool. They ended up being a lot lengthier than I expected, at least.

Now if only I could buy medleys without having to pay the premium price for the costume on top. I don't really see myself using a Mario or DK outfit anytime soon, lol. Anyways, Band Bros has been particularly active in the last week or so, so hopefully it's a sign of more stuff to come. Then you'll have stuff to spend tomatoes on!

Zornica

Banned
Some of the instrumentation is kinda wonky and there are missing parts due to having to use the same instruments for every song in the medley, but I thought they were cool. They ended up being a lot lengthier than I expected, at least.

Now if only I could buy medleys without having to pay the premium price for the costume on top. I don't really see myself using a Mario or DK outfit anytime soon, lol. Anyways, Band Bros has been particularly active in the last week or so, so hopefully it's a sign of more stuff to come. Then you'll have stuff to spend tomatoes on!

most of my tomatoes are expiring tomorrow though...
seems like I've gotta waste some time, looking for songs I may like

Spikey

Neo Member
OMG FUCK
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/63691

how could I miss that?

thank god I've got another tomato left :D
btw, last exam on monday, after that... good to go for about 2 months, yay

If you're desperate for songs, here's maybe a suggestion: http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/30315

The theme from Paprika. If someone else linked to it in the thread already, I apologize. But I love that film, and that theme especially too. :p

Zornica

Banned
finally done!
got about 2 months of doing nothing, starting today...

also got a bunch of new songs.... should own over 200 by now

MmMKzAe.jpg

Happy Valentine's Day from Barbara and all that.

I'm up to get a game going sometime soon, it's been a while.

Lookie401

Okay, if I said I'm free at 8:00 PM EST (Sunday) then it's 10:00 AM (Monday) for you, right? And I assume you are not available at that time too? lol

Edit: Welp, if anybody on right now me and someone from gbatemp are going to be playing right now.

Zornica

Banned
the latest I'll be able to play should be around 18:00 gmt+1
anything beyond that will result in me falling asleep constantly

Zornica

Banned
I'll be awake all night today (I'll stay in the chat till I go to sleep)... so if you got time, just drop in
but beware, there is a slight chance that someone from my mh4 community is going to be faster and thus I might already be playing mh4gu. so there may be a waiting time

Unlikely for me, gonna be traveling for the rest of the day. Sorry. I'll be on break for a bit, though, so hopefully I'll have time in the near future.

Zornica

Banned
y np, although chances to play are going diminish within the next ~7 days.

lookie if you wanna play tonight, or tomorrow night, just let me know.
I'll probably hang out in the chatroom, as I'm using it for mh4 atm anyway.

Taser9090

Neo Member
I wanted to post last year when I got this game, but it took a long long while for my account to get activated and school started.

There's so much questions I wanted to ask. I'll just ask some things that're on top of my head.
Have there been new Smash/Ouendan/EBA/Rhythm Heaven songs added that I don't know about?
How do you guys go about making your own songs? I tried getting several different MIDIs for some American pop songs, when I convert them into sheet music they look screwy. I've tried making Best Day of My Life (American Authors) and IRIS (Salyu), they're near completion but I never finished it.
I remember there was a database website that had the licenses of various songs. Can you only submit songs that's in that database? No foreign songs?
I don't understand the radio shop? What exactly are they selling? I can see they sell styles.

I wanted to post last year when I got this game, but it took a long long while for my account to get activated and school started.

There's so much questions I wanted to ask. I'll just ask some things that're on top of my head.
Have there been new Smash/Ouendan/EBA/Rhythm Heaven songs added that I don't know about?
How do you guys go about making your own songs? I tried getting several different MIDIs for some American pop songs, when I convert them into sheet music they look screwy. I've tried making Best Day of My Life (American Authors) and IRIS (Salyu), they're near completion but I never finished it.
I remember there was a database website that had the licenses of various songs. Can you only submit songs that's in that database? No foreign songs?
I don't understand the radio shop? What exactly are they selling? I can see they sell styles.

For anything Smash and Ouendan, you'll just need to search by name, not really any better way to go about it. If you play with us, songs from them come up sometimes, so it might be helpful. For Rhythm Heaven, just search for つんく as the artist. Should bring up everything.
Huh, screwy in what sense? I've pretty much always just found a MIDI, opened it up in a MIDI editor, and then it showed up fine in staff notation and I transcribed it into the game.
I'm sure there exceptions, but by and large, yeah, only Japanese songs.
Radio shop sells outfits, music videos, Vocaloids, and composition tutorials.

Taser9090

Neo Member
Thanks for responding.

For the radio shop, I see there are downloads for stuff but they don't cost tomatoes. Are those the tutorials?
I use Finale or Musescore to open MIDI files those are the go-to programs I use because NinsheetMusic uses Finale. I didn't realize I could use some other program. What do you guys recommend?

Also I think this thread's cool cuz you don't see this much music theory and Japanese learning :p

Lookie401

For the radio shop, I see there are downloads for stuff but they don't cost tomatoes. Are those the tutorials?
I think the free stuff are Barbara's vocaloid, two music video and the "Mario Drawing Song" from Flipnote Studio. Last time I checked those tutorials video you have to pay for it. I'll be surprise if it's free now.

I use Finale or Musescore to open MIDI files those are the go-to programs I use because NinsheetMusic uses Finale. I didn't realize I could use some other program. What do you guys recommend?
On my PC I use Anvil Studio and on my iPad I use Music Studio. Both works great for me.

Taser9090

Neo Member
So you guys find any random MIDI file you like and the software can distinctly make it easy to read? :O

I'm definitely going back transcribing songs into the game this summer.

I used Anvil Studio, and if you just image search that you can get an idea of what the UI looks like. I thought it was pretty straightforward, at least.

bup and tag asthis game will be coming in for me on Tuesday. sad I missed the free 100 tomates tho, but I put aside $50 for dlc.

one question: can some of the DX songs be found? mainly Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Bossa) and Air (pop)

You could download them for free a while ago, but I don't think they're available anymore, unfortunately. At least I couldn't find them by searching via the website.

Wait, Nintendo doesn't offer the 100 free tomatoes code in new copies anymore? I was planning to buy more soon.

can confirm 100% the code gives an error :(

code can still be inputted within the game for 100 tomatoes. seems that i only have til 08/2015 to use them all tho.

Jeez, that really sucks. They're still adding stuff to the game and supporting it with events, so it's a shame that they've made getting into the game so much more costly at this point.

Maybe they've done a new print with codes that expire later and you got unlucky? Or are they really all expired, and from now on you always have to pay on top of the game's price to actually get songs?

Lookie401

Gah! I'm going to enter my spare code next month (which is two more days) to see if it still work. Sucks if expired. :(

Thanks for clearing it up.

OMG!!!! i retract that last comment!!!!! i didnt know the code had to be inputted within the game. i got my 100 tomatoes!!!! sorry for the exclamations. 100 songs is nothing to scoff at.

ok. request time. how do i find songs? im at level -00000 when it comes to anything japanese, but im looking for:

smash songs
tengoku songs
older 8 bit NES songs
final fantasy songs
naruto, one piece OPs and EDs

any direction would be EXTREMELY EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!!

Cool, glad to hear they still work after all.

For starters, here's a list of most of the allowed Nintendo music. It's in plain text so you should be able to get the game titles translated pretty quickly to figure out which is which, and then drop in the search box here to find songs from it.

For Rhythm Tengoku stuff, search つんく in the second search box on the last link.

Other than that, there's not really any easy way to find stuff. Looking through the thread to see what people posted might be a good start. The other advice I can give is that the Band Bros Wiki is a lot more friendly when it comes to searching by source. For instance, if you were looking for a Naruto OP, put the keyword, ナルト, into the search box towards the bottom of the page I linked, see what pages it leads to, and then CTRL+F that page for songs that are tagged with that source.

Cool, glad to hear they still work after all.

For starters, here's a list of most of the allowed Nintendo music. It's in plain text so you should be able to get the game titles translated pretty quickly to figure out which is which, and then drop in the search box here to find songs from it.

For Rhythm Tengoku stuff, search つんく in the second search box on the last link.

Other than that, there's not really any easy way to find stuff. Looking through the thread to see what people posted might be a good start. The other advice I can give is that the Band Bros Wiki is a lot more friendly when it comes to searching by source. For instance, if you were looking for a Naruto OP, put the keyword, ナルト, into the search box towards the bottom of the page I linked, see what pages it leads to, and then CTRL+F that page for songs that are tagged with that source.

thank you very much. wish i had more hours in my night. you guys post links to songs...is there a quick way to go straight to those songs in game(like an 8 digit code) or will i just do a search based on what i can make out?

Uhhh, yeah, there's a code, and I think you can search by it in game, though I don't have it with me to check right now. The official website itself doesn't show it, but if you use the Wiki (or find it on the website, copy the title over to the search on the Wiki), the number is on the rightmost column of the download list pages.

Not exactly the most convenient thing in the world, but hopefully that should work.

Top Bottom