• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dale Hansen responds to Trump (re: #BendTheKnee); argues it's not disrespecting flag.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hansen made his reputation in 1986 when he and his producer, John Sparks, broke a story about a massive scandal involving payments to players on Southern Methodist University's football team. Hansen's reporting ultimately led to the NCAA canceling the Mustangs' 1987 season—the so-called "death penalty." His reporting of the scandal garnered him a Peabody Award for distinguished journalism, a duPont-Columbia Award, and several death threats.[1]
This guy's got the goods.

kinda shocked this guy has not be picked up by a Major network. He could do 60 Minutes proud
He's been with the station for over 30 years. Something tells me he's happy being there.

Bold One

Torrential truths

Np8vQVP.gif

y2dvd

All of his videos have been amazing. I will definitely follow his work. Some inspirational monologues being told.

What a well written and spoken speech. This is a man who kept his eyes wide open to everything that makes America great whether it was good or bad. What we've done well made us a great nation and what we've learned (or at least tried to learn) from our mistakes is what makes us particularly exceptional imo. The America Republicans and Trump want right now is one that refuses to learn from it's mistakes and it will only hurt us domestically and internationally in the long run.

Dale is on point as always. He's just our random old, white, local sportscaster who also happens to be woke as fuck. Every time I see one of his clips blow up, it always makes me really happy I'm from Dallas for whatever reason.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Based on what I saw on twitter:

"Racism is over and black people are the ones who keep racism alive by protesting. White people are the most hated race in the country."

the scary part is the amount of white people who low key believe this away from public scrutiny. the persecution complex is real, and its mostly just coming from people who are scared they can't dominate others as a majority anymore

Local sportscaster in Dallas, not known for mincing words.

This video made the rounds a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVR9o3N6k8

I knew I recognized him- I was just looking around for this clip.

Everything I've seen Dale say has been completely on-point. I didn't expect him to go after Trump so hard, but he essentially called him a complete racist without having to outright say it. He tore into him.

Beautiful.

Snaku

Banned
there's no loglcal rebuttal against this

except you're a liar. or you're liberal trash. or nah nah i can't hear youuuu

Exactly, they've not once tried to argue about what these players are actually protesting. They've changed the narrative, as they're incredibly proficient at doing, to they're disrespecting the flag and military.

SKINNER!

Banned
This clip is blowing up on Facebook, and the racists are crawling from under the counter about it.

Hopefully this picks up as my heart sank when I saw the view count on youtube compared to the view count of all the shit garbage videos that Hannity, Alex Jones and Tomi Lahren put out.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I made a thread awhile back about this man. He is lovely and speaks the unvarnished truth. His piece about gays in sports and his piece on racist hecklers were especially powerful I think cuz he cuts right to the core of being an old white guy.

PixelatedBookake

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 Bravo, sir. Bravo.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
this guy is amazing.

I wonder how much racist hate mail he gets, broadcasting from Dallas.

VariantX

Sidestep the main arguments presented and throw up straw men. There are many who would not let facts get in the way of being right.

They don't give a shit about being right as much as they just want to "win". And that means never confronting the truth by any means necessary because they can't win against that. There will be strawmen from here to beyond the horizon before they'll have to confront the argument itself.

GhaleonEB

They are respecting the best thing about America. It's a dog whistle to the racists among us to say otherwise.
This is my kind of blunt talk. No dancing around the issue here, because that's what is going on, plain and simple.

the scary part is the amount of white people who low key believe this away from public scrutiny. the persecution complex is real, and its mostly just coming from people who are scared they can't dominate others as a majority anymore

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

A new person to add to the great side of humanity. I hope there are more like him out there who stand up and make themselves heard.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Vietnam vet too, reminding us he was drafted while the supposed bastion of patriotism in the highest office ducked it.

But, to some, the flag is probably worth more than the life of the soldiers they claim to support. Where were these people when Trump put down McCain's service to this country? When he disrespected fallen Humayun Khans parents? They don't care about "the troops". It truly is a dog whistle for racists.

woodchuck

Lol dale Hansen gave a speech at my junior high national junior honor society almost 20 years ago. Dude is a great presenter.

linkboy

Vietnam vet too, reminding us he was drafted while the supposed bastion of patriotism in the highest office ducked it.

But, to some, the flag is probably worth more than the life of the soldiers they claim to support. Where were these people when Trump put down McCain's service to this country? When he disrespected fallen Humayun Khans parents? They don't care about "the troops". It truly is a dog whistle for racists.

These are the same people who claim to support the troops, yet won't lift a grain of god-damned grain of sand to help solve the homeless vet problem.

As a veteran of 12 years, it pisses me off to no end, how people use military members to push their agenda.

Fuck every one of these scumbags.

Fucking beautiful. :'(

I love that the Trump tweets are having the complete opposite effect on the NFL with them seeing a rise in viewership since the tweets (according to sports illustrated)

Top Bottom