• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damnit IGN.. for the record.. Super Metroid was not..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i knew exactly what this complaint was gonna be before going into this thread and looking at the IGN list. IGN are idots once again

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Well it is a big game right. Constantly top 10 or whatever. The correct developers need to be listed. Right???

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Out of the 5 2D Metroid games. Intelligent Systems was involved in two of them. That however does not make them the developers. Here is where they were involved.

Metroid 3
Executive Producer Hiroshi Yamauchi
Producer Makoto Kanoh
Director Yoshio Sakamoto
Art Director Hirofumi Matsuoka
Character Design Tomoyoshi Yamane
Chief Programmer Kenji Imai
Main Program Kenji Nakajima
Yoshikazu Mori
Isamu Kubota
Mitsuru Matsumoto
Yasuhiko Fujii
Motomu Chikaraishi
Kouichi Abe

Coordinator Katsuya Yamano
Tsutomu Kaneshige
Graphic Design Hirofumi Matsuoka
Masahiko Mashimo
Hiroyuki Kimura
Toru Osawa
Tomoyoshi Yamane
Original Samus Character Design Hiroji Kiyotake
Sound Composition Kenji M. Yamamoto
Minako Hamano
Sound Effects Kenji M. Yamamoto
Artwork Yasuo Inoue
Masafumi Sakashita
Yusuke Nakano
Andy Hieke
Mary Cocoma
Tetsuo Mizuno
Progress Management Gunpei Yokoi
Voice Talent Dan Owsen
Product Debug & Testing Unit Super Mario Club
Special Thanks Takahiro Harada
Keisuke Terasaki
George Seinfeld
Kota Fukui
Masahiro Kawano
Nobuhiro Ozaki
Takehiko Hosokawa
Satoshi Matsumura
Kenichi Nakamura
Masaru Yamanaka
Dan Owsen
Takeshi Nagareda
Hiroyuki Yamada
All Nintendo R&D1 Staff

Metroid 1 (This version was transcribed by me. No weird code names)
Executive Producer Hiroshi Yamauchi
Producer Gunpei Yokoi
Assistant Producer Satoru Okada
Director Yoshio Sakamoto
Assistant Director Makoto Kanoh
Scenario Design Makoto Kanoh
Character Design Hiroji Kiyotake
Game Design Hirofumi Matsuoka
Yoshio Sakamoto
Chief Programmer Hai Yukami
Main Program Zaru Sobajima
GPZ Sengoku
N. Shiotani
M. Houdai
Disk Conversion Tohru Narihiro
Sound Composition Hirokazu Tanaka
Technical Support Takahiro Harada

Thanks for the detailed info, Ninja. IS is linked to Super Metroid as a developer on Moby Games, which is usually a good source. Maybe you should hook them up with the truth.

jgkspsx

Apologies in advance, but...

I take it that bolded names are IS people? Did IS exist back then? Given that the entire programming team is bolded, I think it would be fair to call them (at least among) the developers.

Ranger X

Anyway, what is to remember in all of this is that Super Metroid not only rules but is actually the best videogame ever so far and IGN are tards for not putting it first in their list. :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
heidern said:
Thread rescue operation in effect
List deployed
SUCCESS
No no, you got it all wrong. This is how you do it:

SUCCESS!
borat8gq.jpg

Red Scarlet

Wyzdom said:
Anyway, what is to remember in all of this is that Super Metroid not only rules but is actually the best videogame ever so far and IGN are tards for not putting it first in their list. :D

Wasn't it first at some site or in some mag?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Red Scarlet said:
Wasn't it first at some site or in some mag?

I think in a list EGM made a long time ago Super Metroid was in first place although I don't remember very well but I think it was in EGM with SOTN coming in 7th place if my memory doesn't fail me.

manji

Jonnyboy117 said:
Thanks for the detailed info, Ninja. IS is linked to Super Metroid as a developer on Moby Games, which is usually a good source. Maybe you should hook them up with the truth.

MobyGames is very, very, very often innacurate...plenty of people are listed as having worked on games they weren't actually on, or even at companies they've never worked for.

Is it just me or does it seem as if they just put the games in a random order? I mean FFIV is 26, while FFVI is 56. They even put FFX above FFVII:p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Super Mario Bros # 1 not surprising it was Super Mario Bros. that got me into gaming but still I think Zelda OOT should've been #1, Super Metroid second.

Metroid Prime is too far away I mean yeah GOW is great and all but better than MP no way

VerTiGo

Banned
evilromero said:
I prefer Fusion over Zero Mission by far. Fusion just had a very stirring atmosphere and unique asthetic.

The first time I played through Zero Mission, I came to the conclusion that I liked Metroid Fusion better. However, I recently went back to go play Zero Mission on the hard mode and it just feels as if the game was only meant to be played on this difficulty, and I think I may like it better than Fusion now.

Zero Mission is a really great game, but that Space Pirate section in the end really killed the game for me... that and the hints system.

Johnas

TheTurtleTitan said:
Where is CHRONO TRIGGER on that Top 100 list? If anything, it is at least better than some old NES sports game.

#13.

I am playing through it for the first time right now and it mother freaking rocks. (I got 60% or so of the way through years ago, never finished it).

VerTiGo

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
And Adam telling you where to go was postive compared to the hints in ZM?

I didn't like that much either but Fusion is a more difficult game on its first run that Zero Mission. Not to mention, Fusion was a nice change of pace for the series thanks to a well developed story, compared to other Metroid games that is.

manji said:
MobyGames is very, very, very often innacurate...plenty of people are listed as having worked on games they weren't actually on, or even at companies they've never worked for.
That's why we must correct such things when we find them. I totally must find a scan or screenshots of the credits for Mario's Tennis and 3D Tetris. The fact that whoever typed in the credits has the executive producer named "Hiroshi Yamaguchi" is driving me crazy.

Top Bottom