• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Ryckert |OT|

he should have decapitated him
Just jumping head first into the hate!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Yeah, the comments were way too personal.
I remember one user being very cringy in their dislike for the GB crew and he got called out for it (I think that person might even be banned now).

But I stil don't get how a thread on a personality driven website is supposed to function if you can't discuss said personalities. Obviously any criticism is going to be personal as you're discussing people and not products.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Does everyone posting in the ERA thread not need that too then?

Genuine question.
Probably, yeah.

Circumstances are different due to the history and relationship with Reset, and serving as a containment zone for Reset mentions, but the thread does frequently go too far.

Ben's Pack

Banned
Probably, yeah.

Circumstances are different due to the history and relationship with Reset, and serving as a containment zone for Reset mentions, but the thread does frequently go too far.
Era is mentioned in nearly every thread though...

Would be good to see that thread locked too to make sure it's clear there's no double standards or weird admin vendettas.

Because that would very much be like the old GAF which you've said was a mistake.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Era is mentioned in nearly every thread though...

Would be good to see that thread locked too to make sure it's clear there's no double standards or weird admin vendettas.

Because that would very much be like the old GAF which you've said was a mistake.
No.

HotPocket69

Banned

Well, yeah dude. Come on. Can’t talk shit and vent about GB, but railing on Ree is openly permitted? I get it because you have that deep seeded beef with them, but closing that thread was fucked up and goes against what you originally rebuilt the site for. No one was doxxing. So what if it was negative? Plenty of people posted positive posts and thoughts, including myself.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, yeah dude. Come on. Can’t talk shit and vent about GB, but railing on Ree is openly permitted? I get it because you have that deep seeded beef with them, but closing that thread was fucked up and goes against what you originally rebuilt the site for. No one was doxxing. So what if it was negative? Plenty of people posted positive posts and thoughts, including myself.
Not interested. It’s trivial to start your own board. I suggest doing so if you need your fix of hate.

I guess I would still like to see Dan play Demon's Souls, but he was kinda down on it last time he played, and there are other things that will take his time coming up.

I'm really glad to see Dan prosper with his "gaming" career now even though he technically isn't in the industry anymore. Hopefully he gets his new house, he showed a pic of the basement where his new studio would go on stream and it was huge, so I fully expect some fun stuff coming up. I do hope also he gets together more with Mary and Mike, and of course his Dad, those Paul streams are always hilarious. I think a Dan, Mary, and Mike reoccurring show could be just as good as Giant Bomb was back in the day.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I guess I would still like to see Dan play Demon's Souls, but he was kinda down on it last time he played, and there are other things that will take his time coming up.

I'm really glad to see Dan prosper with his "gaming" career now even though he technically isn't in the industry anymore. Hopefully he gets his new house, he showed a pic of the basement where his new studio would go on stream and it was huge, so I fully expect some fun stuff coming up. I do hope also he gets together more with Mary and Mike, and of course his Dad, those Paul streams are always hilarious. I think a Dan, Mary, and Mike reoccurring show could be just as good as Giant Bomb was back in the day.

He did say he expects to play a lot of Hitman 3 on stream. I can't wait for that. Dan + Hitman = classic.

In case anyone was curious that red number by the envelope at the top of the page means you have messages.

He did say he expects to play a lot of Hitman 3 on stream. I can't wait for that. Dan + Hitman = classic.
Hitman is my favorite thing Dan's ever done and I went out of my way to look through archives and find any GB Hitman video he was apart of because they're always so hilarious to me. I love when he coaches Brad. I'd like to see him coach Mike Mahardy.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Someone from GB probably complained.

Harts316

I find I watch more YouTube than regular TV now. It’s nice to have a lot of different content creators to put on in the background. Matt Mcmuscles produces consistently good content. Gmanlives is a good channel too. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations for other channels worth following.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I think EviLore can make his own decisions lol.

Fwiw I wish we could have a thread that's moderated instead of simply nuking it from orbit, but generally I agree with the house cleaning going on.
I asked him why he couldn't just give a warning to those that stepped out of line or to the thread as a whole but ......I guess that isn't considered now

kamkamkam

I asked him why he couldn't just give a warning to those that stepped out of line or to the thread as a whole but ..... I guess that isn't considered now
With the way culture is moving at the moment, what is fair can lead to this site to being exiled from hosting platforms. All it would take is the right tweet about the worst post.

Like it or not, people are looking for excuses to shut things down. Sometimes you must lose a fight to win the war.

Ramagamma

Banned
Pretty lame how Gaf has changed in the last 48 hours, you used to be able to speak freely on here about a personality based website but I guess every internet forum has to eventually turn into a overly sanitized bunch of yes men nodding about how much they enjoy something.

Mods can't even be arsed acknowledging a message of thanks for the job they did - literally as if you don't even exist, just pretty disappointing all round really

Philfrag

Banned
Pretty lame how Gaf has changed in the last 48 hours, you used to be able to speak freely on here about a personality based website but I guess every internet forum has to eventually turn into a overly sanitized bunch of yes men nodding about how much they enjoy something.

Mods can't even be arsed acknowledging a message of thanks for the job they did - literally as if you don't even exist, just pretty disappointing all round really
Look at it this way. GB doesn’t deserve this much attention anyway. In some way I’m glad the thread got nuked. It’s time for us to move on and dedicate our keyboard clicks to something more worthy. I’d much rather identify as a overly sanitized yes man that someone who talks about GIant Bomb, whether it be good or bad.

So Dan huh? What a character. My best Dan moment is egg shells

Harts316

Look at it this way. GB doesn’t deserve this much attention anyway. In some way I’m glad the thread got nuked. It’s time for us to move on and dedicate our keyboard clicks to something more worthy. I’d much rather identify as a overly sanitized yes man that someone who talks about GIant Bomb, whether it be good or bad.

So Dan huh? What a character. My best Dan moment is egg shells

Agree. When you think about it, there is nothing else to really say about the topic since everything has already been said before. I’m more interested in talking about finding other sites and YT channels that provide an alternative.

Rikku-X

Agree. When you think about it, there is nothing else to really say about the topic since everything has already been said before. I’m more interested in talking about finding other sites and YT channels that provide an alternative.
For me I think Easy Allies is most like GB of old. And I think they have done a great job in lockdown.

Last edited:

a dude

Neo Member
He won it, so he paid nothing.
This is what he thought would happen (of course) but he ended up regretting it iirc because he actually had to pay a bunch of money on taxes and other shit. I would assume it cost him a few thousand bucks. Which is way less than a regular wedding of course, but for a shitty fast food wedding, probably not worth it. Plus all the unnecessary attention.
Also I told you guys in the other thread that you were being too negative. Yeah GB isn't the best it could be, but even at its worst it's still way better than 99% of the shit out there. And it's almost assuredly going to get better.

Bryan Davis

Banned
Seeing how this is a Dan page, I’d like to say while he used to grind my gears for a good couple years when he started at GB, I’ve grown to really appreciate him and am glad he’s doing great.

Now, about the GB thread. I’ve accidentally stumbled upon it while searching for some random crap, and while I’ve only posted a couple of times, it’s been refreshing to see that there are other people for whom GB has played a huge part in their lives and who have been as heartbroken as I am about the state of the website. It was a great avenue to vent feelings and a lot of discourse was valid and fair. Admittedly some stuff on there was foul and out of line, but you can’t have free speech going one way only. That way you get the GB forums, amirite guys? Now please show appreciation.

Top Bottom