• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Ryckert |OT|

This is what he thought would happen (of course) but he ended up regretting it iirc because he actually had to pay a bunch of money on taxes and other shit. I would assume it cost him a few thousand bucks. Which is way less than a regular wedding of course, but for a shitty fast food wedding, probably not worth it. Plus all the unnecessary attention.
Also I told you guys in the other thread that you were being too negative. Yeah GB isn't the best it could be, but even at its worst it's still way better than 99% of the shit out there. And it's almost assuredly going to get better.
The last Hotspot where they rank game of the year lists since the start of the site was the sort of comfortable discussion I missed, and I think you are right. They also address the fact the last few years were bad lists [and I will personally apply that to discussion]. It was a committee of people they liked so there isnt anything wrong with it. That's fair.

So it looks like it could go up, but of course it took the sacrifice of Dan having to leave to inspire change, to reflect, to regroup. Dan is the hero we need.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
This is what he thought would happen (of course) but he ended up regretting it iirc because he actually had to pay a bunch of money on taxes and other shit. I would assume it cost him a few thousand bucks. Which is way less than a regular wedding of course, but for a shitty fast food wedding, probably not worth it. Plus all the unnecessary attention.
Also I told you guys in the other thread that you were being too negative. Yeah GB isn't the best it could be, but even at its worst it's still way better than 99% of the shit out there. And it's almost assuredly going to get better.
He seemed very bitter about it. Didn't really say specifics but you could tell. He DID say that the package included things he didn't want. Like a couple events they wouldn't attend. But they said it was included. So he was on the hook for taxes on everything. Not worth it at all if you are taxed on everything, and a high tax at that I'm sure.

Bryan Davis

Banned
He seemed very bitter about it. Didn't really say specifics but you could tell. He DID say that the package included things he didn't want. Like a couple events they wouldn't attend. But they said it was included. So he was on the hook for taxes on everything. Not worth it at all if you are taxed on everything, and a high tax at that I'm sure.
They got loads of Grey Goose on table service in Vegas while the Migos were performing. Altogether had to pay tax on $48000 of Taco Bell wedding. I heard that he had to pay $20k out of pocket, don’t remember where, but with his job, side hustles, and wedding as incomes, that tax bracket sounds totally plausible.

What a legend!

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
They got loads of Grey Goose on table service in Vegas while the Migos were performing. Altogether had to pay tax on $48000 of Taco Bell wedding. I heard that he had to pay $20k out of pocket, don’t remember where, but with his job, side hustles, and wedding as incomes, that tax bracket sounds totally plausible.

What a legend!
20k in taxes on that? I don't care what booze they included, that is not a competition I would want to win. I got married in Jamaica and the wedding was included. Parents were ok with it all and paid for a few hundred dollars for a photographer and videographer to charish the moment. All in all it was under 5k. It was amazing!

20k in taxes on that? I don't care what booze they included, that is not a competition I would want to win. I got married in Jamaica and the wedding was included. Parents were ok with it all and paid for a few hundred dollars for a photographer and videographer to charish the moment. All in all it was under 5k. It was amazing!
The only one with more hustle than Dan Ryckert is Taco Bell! Imagine what you might owe if you won a contest run by Dan?!?!

He would probably be collecting for years to come, and the winner (one of us) would thank him each time.

Something like a maintenance fee or property taxes for a gold N64 he put on top of the highest point in Kansas.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Is anyone watching the GB GOTY live stream?

Edit: Are we allowed to talk about GB again? Obviously we won’t get personal.

If Dan posts his GOTY list on GB, that is fair game. If a GB staff member joins him on stream, that stream is fair game. Other than that, no GB content. And for the love of god, not their GOTY deliberations.

zinkn

Neo Member
I turned it off after they talked about CP2077 for literally two minutes (which was just Jeff complaining about it being buggy and Jason saying it didn't belong because it had Youtubers as random NPC's), and then it was the first game cut from "Best Looking".

Absolute idiocy.
100% Agree with you. That was just stupid. But I'm not surprised anymore.

Also Dan is great!

Brute

I get why EviLore EviLore locked the thread, I just wish there was a middle ground. You can dunk on the content a website produces without making personal insults about staff appearance, health concerns and brining in their loved ones. I still think their is value in discussing their content for both lapsed and current fans, especially with their GOTY content rolling out. It just requires us to act with a modicum of tact.
I agree. But it was getting very personal in there. I would love to see the thread back open too if we all behaved.

Maybe warn anyone who gets personal?

Smaug

Banned
I noticed that controversial and tasteless Alanah pearce thread has been deleted? Wasn’t a nice thread, but delete vs lock I’m not sure how to feel about it.

If Dan posts his GOTY list on GB, that is fair game. If a GB staff member joins him on stream, that stream is fair game. Other than that, no GB content. And for the love of god, not their GOTY deliberations.
Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics. What a difference a week makes.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If you all want to talk about the GB thread lock, please do it here:

I don't want this thread to be locked because of these derails.

ExtraCheese

Neo Member
Why TF can GB content not be talked about?

Please refer all GB inquiries to:

If you all want to talk about the GB thread lock, please do it here:

I don't want this thread to be locked because of these derails.

bender

What time is it?

Just in case anyone needed to fuckin jam tonight

200.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Pretty lame how Gaf has changed in the last 48 hours, you used to be able to speak freely on here about a personality based website but I guess every internet forum has to eventually turn into a overly sanitized bunch of yes men nodding about how much they enjoy something.

Mods can't even be arsed acknowledging a message of thanks for the job they did - literally as if you don't even exist, just pretty disappointing all round really
I get a lot of PMs, and it's a busy time right now. You only gave me 24 hours and then followed up with an angry message and I see you also posted this in here. Completely uncalled for.

Hudo

Throwback to some of my favorite classic Dan content:

I miss the old GI so much, putting Dan in front of obscure PS1 era games was usually a recipe for success, didn't happen enough during his time at Giant Bomb imo

Can also recommend his A Link to the Past Super Replay and also the Overblood Super Replay, which is just fucking hilarious.

Some of my fav parts of dan where his expressions, they could convey so much. He was hilarious.

like this video from a website he used to work at. His expressions here floor me.

I hope he continues to work with others as i love him rocking his thing solo but he works much better bouncing off other people.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Pretty lame how Gaf has changed in the last 48 hours, you used to be able to speak freely on here about a personality based website but I guess every internet forum has to eventually turn into a overly sanitized bunch of yes men nodding about how much they enjoy something.

Mods can't even be arsed acknowledging a message of thanks for the job they did - literally as if you don't even exist, just pretty disappointing all round really
Good thing your 132 posts since 2017 proved you were a member of merit.

Maybe you need to acknowledge that the mods on this site are actual people that run a script called Life besides their GAF duties.

I realize that this is a concept far removed from your expectations, so here is a gif of what your post looks like:

asdf movie GIF

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Yo wtf happened to GB thread. Im out of the loop/
It got too personal

It's one thing to gripe about a business, it's another to start getting into personal details of a person and griping about that

People would even comment then speculate negatively about their medical conditions and how they may handle them

Professionally speaking, it wasn't a productively adult environment and was just going to devolve into further bull shit

E-Daddy is willing to consider having a new one opened in a few weeks, just be on good behavior and encourage others to be as well (Of course, only in the nicest of ass hole ways)

Last edited:

SamFo

It got too personal

It's one thing to gripe about a business, it's another to start getting into personal details of a person and griping about that

People would even comment then speculate negatively about their medical conditions and how they may handle them

Professionally speaking, it wasn't a productively adult environment and was just going to devolve into further bull shit

E-Daddy is willing to consider having a new one opened in a few weeks, just be on good behavior and encourage others to be as well (Of course, only in the nicest of ass hole ways)
Kind of annoying that they ban the thread instead of the users who were causing the issues.

as for Dan - is he still working for the wwe?

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Dan being a part of wrestling is such a good damn fit for him professionally

Tons of people have openly talked shit with him and he just laughs at a good joke whether or not it's at his expense

I really hope he starts getting more into that industry, he would have some fun shit going on

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Talking shit about public personalities = nope

Hundreds of pages endlessly railing on people on another forum = fine

fans GIF
Mind if you shoot me some posts in the REEE thread where people dig on people's health conditions?

Not as a challenge to you, but I do want to make a good effort on trying to get the thread revived, and it could help guide the creation of the next thread if you do

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
In the US a prize winning counts as salary. So if he had a to pay 20k on a 48k prize, then he is in a top tax bracket.

I love US game shows, specifically the price is right, but all I can think about when I watch them now is how much in taxes each contestant will have to pay.

Top Bottom