• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3 Official PV/Trailer

PranooY

Mods: Edit title to include Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak anime Trailer. Also add platforms.

mainvisual1.jpg

New Danganronpa V3: Everyone’s New Semester of Killing
Due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in 2016 in Japan, New Danganronpa V3‘s theme is “psycho cool.” A completely new chapter in the series, it is set in the “Gifted Inmates Academy.” Like games in the series before it, it will consist of exploration parts and Class Trials. During exploration parts, you’ll talk with various characters. And during Class Trials, you’ll use your own “lies” to defeat opponents.

mainvisual2.jpg

Scheduled to air in 2016, and as indicated by the title, Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy is an anime followup to the Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. It will be the final chapter of the “Hope’s Peak Academy” series. According to Danganronpa series creator Kazutaka Kodaka, it’ll feature content that can only be expressed through anime.

More at: Famitsu, Gematsu

Lock if old.

Tizoc

YT video shows it coming to PS4 and Vita, might want to update thread title with that so PS4 peeps are aware.
Wonder if we'll see DR1+2 port on PS4 announcement during PSX '15....

Dot-N-Run

I'm liking the musical style they went with.

But what did that text say over the silhouettes of what seemed to be the old characters at the end of the trailer?

IzzyF3

I'm confused. Is it 2 separate products? A game with new characters and what looks to be an unrelated anime with the mains from the first game?

EDIT: Oops, my browser skipped on the notes for some reason. I see it now. Excited for both since the series never fails to impress with the story and how everything fits together.

I just finished Ultra Despair Girls, so I'm ready!

dity

YT video shows it coming to PS4 and Vita, might want to update thread title with that so PS4 peeps are aware.
I'd love to see 1 and 2 come to PS4.

Drago

Honestly my main reason for wanting to see a PS4 port for DR1 and 2 was so that newcomers wouldn't be lost with V3. Now that we know that V3 is truly an all new story and the anime will be the real sequel to the first two games, I don't think there would be much of a point.

It would still be nice if only to open up those games to a much wider audience though!

kagamin

Ok, now I don't feel too bad about watching my friend playing the Danganronpa games if I can basically jump into this new one as a newcomer, I really need to not spoil myself from now on >.>

Thoraxes

Dat Asahina <3
Dat Makoto in cuffs.
Dat Kirigiri.
Dat new visual.
Even that music with the melding of the main theme and BTB. Fuckkkkkkkkkkk it's soo good.
Nice to see Takada-san's name in there too, as it just wouldn't be the same without him.

GIVE
IT
TO
ME
NOOOOOWWWWWWWW
Danganronpa 3 and ZE3 in the same year

we is blessed

And Ace Attorney 6 too!

It's literally a year where some of my dreams are coming true.

Tizoc

It would still be nice if only to open up those games to a much wider audience though!

Yeah that's what I wanted it for, then again there is always THAT platform to release it on and see all the money flow into Monokuma's
xmnubgP.jpg

Kaze2212

I'm liking the musical style they went with.

But what did that text say over the silhouettes of what seemed to be the old characters at the end of the trailer?

I would translate it as:

&#12300;&#19990;&#30028;&#12399;&#22040;&#12391;&#22793;&#12431;&#12427;&#12301;
The world is changed by lies. (This could also be "formed" instead of "changed"... If we want it to be deeper)

&#12300;&#12458;&#12510;&#12456;&#12395;&#22040;&#12364;&#20351;&#12360;&#12427;&#12363;&#65311;&#12301;
Are those lies useful to you?

But my Japanese isn't all that great... so I could be wrong.

KPJZKC

Dat Asahina <3
Dat Makoto in cuffs.
Dat Kirigiri.
Dat new visual.
Even that music with the melding of the main theme and BTB. Fuckkkkkkkkkkk it's soo good.
Nice to see Takada-san's name in there too, as it just wouldn't be the same without him.

Isn't that Hajime? Maybe my eyes are failing on me

Interesting that they are taking the anime and video game route.

So I'll probably be watching the anime with subs before the game comes out since we probably won't get the game for awhile in the west. I wonder how the anime and game both connect or if they're just standalone from each other.

TriAceJP

I grew out of anime and rarely watch any, but I will be back in for this. I am too invested in this series for whatever reason.

Glad they are going a new path with the games. I am hardpressed to see what they could do after 2, high school trail themes and all. I was actually very impressed how they managed to handle 2 so well to begin with.

Top Bottom