• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel Bryan medically cleared to return to in-ring action

Dunki

Ok now for some really uplifting and great news

After 2 years people never thought he would come back but he made it back to the Ring he loves so much. Fuck now I actually want to restablish my WWE network account^^

Sooooooo goood so happy

kunonabi

Really happy for him. Hopefully he alters his style to be easier on him. He certainly doesn't need the high risk stuff anyway. Too bad were stuck with Roman vs Brock instead of Bryan vs Brock.

FMbarbarian

I’m excited to see how he changes his style. I won’t miss his suicide dive, it looked like shit to be honest. Hopefully we’ll get to see him against AJ and Nakamura in the near future. Also I’d like to see him clear up his unfinished business with the Miz.

Dunki

I’m excited to see how he changes his style. I won’t miss his suicide dive, it looked like shit to be honest. Hopefully we’ll get to see him against AJ and Nakamura in the near future. Also I’d like to see him clear up his unfinished business with the Miz.
They now have a huge money machine imagine a guy who was so popular than had to retire for good and by its own willpower he came back. If the WWE does not milk it and gives him the Title very soon they are fucking stupid

FMbarbarian

They now have a huge money machine imagine a guy who was so popular than had to retire for good and by its own willpower he came back. If the WWE does not milk it and gives him the Title very soon they are fucking stupid

Fantasy booking always sucks ....but.... I can see Aj and Miz losing at Wrestlemania and switch brands. Miz screws Nakamura out of the title. Then Bryan comes in to take the title off of the Miz.

Happy for him.

Honestly I find his character, the yes movement, his in ring action completely dull and boring. His mic work is generic and dull. The running knee is even more absurd then the spear as a finisher. His work is as predictable as Cena’s.

The Miz outclasses him in every way. So does AJ. Frankly he can’t even see any of Cena’s promos

DKehoe

Happy for him.

Honestly I find his character, the yes movement, his in ring action completely dull and boring. His mic work is generic and dull. The running knee is even more absurd then the spear as a finisher. His work is as predictable as Cena’s.

The Miz outclasses him in every way. So does AJ. Frankly he can’t even see any of Cena’s promos

This part is especially crazy to me. Miz is a midcarder. Bryan is one of the most over guys on the roster and one of the absolute best in the ring.

Last edited:

MC Safety

And immediately he took a beating.

I'd minimize the guy's chances of being hurt, and that includes not having him get mugged in a pointless promotional session as he did tonight.

The WWE is setting up (probably) for Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon vs. Sami Zayne and Kevin Owens at wrestlemania. There wasn't any need for Bryan to do any stunts/fighting tonight, because it was already established Owens and Zayne are creeps who murdered the boss.

Also, hooray, Shane McMahon will probably put himself into another wrestlemania.

Last edited:

Dunki

great I have now renewed my subscription. So di I see this right that I can not watch RAW and Smackdown live and on the network it has a delay of 1 month for both? That kinda sucks I must say...

Guess I still can watch the PPV live though

Last edited:

CoolNameGuy91

Neo Member
great I have now renewed my subscription. So di I see this right that I can not watch RAW and Smackdown live and on the network it has a delay of 1 month for both? That kinda sucks I must say...

Guess I still can watch the PPV live though
Only legal way to watch within 24 hours is Hulu

CoolNameGuy91

Neo Member
This part is especially crazy to me. Miz is a midcarder. Bryan is one of the most over guys on the roster and one of the absolute best in the ring.
Yeah. Miz is legendary on the Mic and a great heel actor in the ring, though otherwise he's above average. Bryan has literally been elite in the ring since he was like 20. Also, EVEN AJ? Like being worse than AJ doesn't describe most wrestlers. Bryan's whole run was during my hiatus from wrestling and I didn't know about ROH or PWG at the time. I just know from going back to watch matches that he's great. I find his promos compelling, at least lately, and even if I didn't it wouldn't make a difference to me as far as matches go. I've always wished guys who were bad on the mic got more shots

DKehoe

Yeah. Miz is legendary on the Mic and a great heel actor in the ring, though otherwise he's above average. Bryan has literally been elite in the ring since he was like 20. Also, EVEN AJ? Like being worse than AJ doesn't describe most wrestlers. Bryan's whole run was during my hiatus from wrestling and I didn't know about ROH or PWG at the time. I just know from going back to watch matches that he's great. I find his promos compelling, at least lately, and even if I didn't it wouldn't make a difference to me as far as matches go. I've always wished guys who were bad on the mic got more shots

A lot of people may disagree with this but I don't really think of Miz as being near to legendary status on the mic. He is really smooth with his delivery and can say some clever and entertaining stuff but I don't really come away from his promos more excited to see his matches, which is what a good promo should be doing.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think it’s great he’s back in the ring.

Smackdown needed either a Dean Ambrose, or a Daniel Bryan type star at this moment too so it’s good timing.

Would be cool if a veteran comes back, I know people hate on Impact but the main event mafia was lit af. Does Austin or Michaels have any gimmicks left up theor sleeve? Of course, I don’t know if they want to wrestle anymore though.

CoolNameGuy91

Neo Member
A lot of people may disagree with this but I don't really think of Miz as being near to legendary status on the mic. He is really smooth with his delivery and can say some clever and entertaining stuff but I don't really come away from his promos more excited to see his matches, which is what a good promo should be doing.
I always enjoy his promos and his best promos are amazing in my opinion. I can only say the former about a handful of people. I also think his heel work has a large part to do with the hype his matches get. I think him, Seth, and Finn stealing Mania isn't out of the question

Last edited:
Top Bottom