• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom- 10 years later drawings by Butch Hartman (Creator)

Danny Phantom 10 Years Later- Part 1

Danny Phantom 10 Years Later- Part 2

Butch Hartman (creator of Danny Phantom, Fairly Odd Parents, etc...) has a youtube channel and it is fantastic. Recently he has been discussing a lot of Danny Phantom and has hinted quite a lot that if given the chance he'd love to bring back Danny Phantom.

As a nice little treat he did 'Danny Phantom 10 years later' videos where he goes over the original design and why he went with it, and then did a couple of sketches of a version of the character 10 years later and where he'd see them. Just released part 2 last month.

Essentially if given the chance to bring back the show he'd do it where all of the good characters are a 'Team Danny' type of deal.

Here are the main trio designs

k4SkmmB.jpg
uLPYJOx.jpg

9JgnVLc.png

And for reference sake here's a fan doing it in an artstyle closer to the show

source:http://amethyst-ocean.deviantart.com/art/Danny-Phantom-10-Years-Later-630561504

Here are the rest (family members, Vlad and Danni Phantom)

(Jazz, the sister, acting as an Oracle-like character)

(Jack, the dad)

(Maddie, the mom in her best Mad Max outfit)

(Vlad, the main bad guy)

(Dani Phantom, the female clone from the first show)

What are your thoughts on the designs? Would you love to see the show come back?

Personally the main trio, Jazz and Dani look great but I'm not crazy about the adults. I could take them or leave them with a few changes.

Btw, he goes through some of Jazz' looks without the full suit. Like her grown up with long hair, short hair, etc... so check the video if you're interested. His channel is great, he also has anime characters in the style of Fairly Oddparents.

I think Danny Phantom was the last cartoon show I watched as a kid before I entered middle school and stopped watching cartoons until I graduated high school.

I appreciated that the show had a lot of similarities to classic Spider-Man. It was a coming of age story that could both be serious and funny. I recall the 3rd season diving off a cliff and being garbage, though. Don't know if I'd bother watching a revival. Honestly, this and Fairly Odd Parents are the only Butch Hartman shows I ever liked and both went to shit after a few seasons.

I think Danny Phantom was the last cartoon show I watched as a kid before I entered middle school and stopped watching cartoons until I graduated high school.

I appreciated that the show had a lot of similarities to classic Spider-Man. It was a coming of age story that could both be serious and funny. I recall the 3rd season diving off a cliff and being garbage, though. Don't know if I'd bother watching a revival. Honestly, this and Fairly Odd Parents are the only Butch Hartman shows I ever liked and both went to shit after a few seasons.

I'm rewatching it right now (whole show is up on Hulu alongside many other nick shows) and yeah the Spiderman thing is something I completely ignored as a kid.

The only difference being that the hot red head is his sister vs the love interest. Besides that though. Geeky kid, bullied by a jock, gets superpowers, a lot of high school drama. It's great.

Few episodes ago was the Ember episode. Completely forgot how god damn catchy her song is.

EMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER, YOU WILL REMEMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

edit: as to fairly oddparents going to shit, I think he has completely given up on the show at this point and probably just lets the team do what they want.

Astral Dog

I was just remembering this show with the evil versions of characters thread. Future Danny was quite a bastard
I'm rewatching it right now (whole show is up on Hulu alongside many other nick shows) and yeah the Spiderman thing is something I completely ignored as a kid.

The only difference being that the hot red head is his sister vs the love interest. Besides that though. Geeky kid, bullied by a jock, gets superpowers, a lot of high school drama. It's great.

Few episodes ago was the Ember episode. Completely forgot how god damn catchy her song is.

EMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER, YOU WILL REMEMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

edit: as to fairly oddparents going to shit, I think he has completely given up on the show at this point and probably just lets the team do what they want.
Here is the whole song if you didn't hear it complete :)
And a few classics up there

Fj0823

Hartman comes off like a really fun and creative guy in these.

It must hurt seeing many of his shows going to shit.

Don't like the ripped Danny, but the fan version of it is okay.

His argument for the ripped Danny was that years of exercising and fighting phantoms eventually gave him a more fit look. In all likelyhood without more weight training chances are it'd just be lean muscle, but he can always say Danny did weights as well if he absolutely wanted a ripped version of him.

Hartman comes off like a really fun and creative guy in these.

It must hurt seeing many of his shows going to shit.

It does, but clearly his fans love him and he has enough clout considering the popularity of two of his biggest shows. I hope his hints end up coming fruitful and he can make his Danny Phantom revival. Particularly with Samurai Jack coming back, maybe Nick wants in on that nostalgia.

rrc1594

tenor.gif

I am quite surprised that's his personal art style.

But then if he drew the same as the style of the show after all these years, that would be pretty shocking.

I loved Danny Phantom and holy shit how did I never make the connection between it and spider man

To be fair it seems like outside of the initial concept having similarities it doesn't do much more than that. But funny enough, in Spectacular Spiderman Peter has an interest on the sexy latina cool kid cheerleader which is funny considering Paulina in here.

LaNaranja

The show wore its Marvel influence on its sleeve. They straight up had the Infinity Stones/Gauntlet in one of the movies.

xECuAkB.png

Box Ghost's backstory is probably the best. He is a ghost who is focused on boxes.

y'all making me wanna rewatch Danny Phantom

so it's on hulu? gonna check if it's on netflix

Hulu has most Nick shows. Doubt Netflix has it. You could probably get a free trial of the ad free hulu and watch it in your medium of choice.

This show was always a good concept, the execution just fell apart in the later seasons.

A reboot would probably suit this franchise better than a time skip.

Opto

Banned
The only thing I really remember is that Vlad was constantly frustrated he couldn't own the Green Bay Packers

Sou Da

This show was always a good concept, the execution just fell apart in the later seasons.

A reboot would probably suit this franchise better than a time skip.

Isn't that mostly due to Hartman being born again and coming to back to fuck with the show wen he was pretty hands off?

Also I agree.

Isn't that mostly due to Hartman being born again and coming to back to fuck with the show wen he was pretty hands off?

Also I agree.

Usually it's the creator leaving that ruins a show, but if he's reason the show dropped off I'm not sure how much of his involvement is welcomed.

Bronx-Man

Banned
People are just now seeing the Marvel influences? Even at 8 I knew it was pretty much Spider-Man + Ghostbusters. Still an awesome, awesome cartoon tho.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

You know, I think it was the same for me

bman94

Fuck. Didn't realize how much I want a Danny Phantom sequel till now. I wasn't even a huge fan of the show but I fucks heavily with the 10 years later angle.

Top Bottom