• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Rand won't be suiting up in Netflix's Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

No suit and a little bit of mysticism? Show is looking worse and worse.

[Pics]

E28A37z.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
Jessica Jones didn't either, it'll be a little easter egg/reference like it was there. Danny's out of them all is the most absurd and least suited for Netflix' tone (even though Iron Fist is supposed to be lighter).

JJ was based on a comic book where she had no costum tho.

Should've just had Punisher as the final Defender.

Pachimari

Even RDJ looks more muscular than this dude, and he's 51 and plays a character in a suit of armor

You'd think they'd have him tan or do a few pushups before the promotional photos. And to think of all the criticism Gadot received for her WW look.

This dude didn't even bother working out. Yikes.
The actor had 1 month to get in shape and to learn choreography and stuff. They basically rushed it. I don't know how much we can blame the actor himself for not looking muscular.

Anyway, the grounded aspect and no costume sucks.

The Hobo

We've had three grounded Netflix shows already. Iron Fist should be embracing the opportunity to be fantastical, not shy away from it.

Joni

In a world where we have dozens of batshit insane superhero shows, Netflix is still going after the Heroes superhero shows scared of being superhero shows demographic?

_Rob_

We've had three grounded Netflix shows already. Iron Fist should be embracing the opportunity to be fantastical, not shy away from it.

Maybe, but then if it's expected to slot into the existing TV-verse then they can't change up the tone/rules too much.

- J - D -

Immortal_Iron_Fist_22.jpg

I just wanna see this on live-action, it's basically like Daredevil's season 1 outfit, just in green and yellow. It's so weird how averse the Netflix shows are to being full-blown superhero shows.

I think this version is perfectly doable in live action, especially considering that it's pretty much Daredevil's first-appearance suit with a yellow mask and eyes.

Almost everything I've read and seen about this show has ranged from disappointing to shit. After the repetitive slog that was JJ and the drop in quality of second half DDS2 and Cage, I'm starting to lose interest in these.

Netflix = FALSE PROPHET

McLovin

They could make it work, they would have to ditch the yellow and spandex though. I think fans will understand, that suit is just too goofy. They could go all black like xmen did.

Dali

Maybe, but then if it's expected to slot into the existing TV-verse then they can't change up the tone/rules too much.
Daredevil has a costume because he's vulnerable and leads a life outside that of being a hero. Is wearing a mask because it makes sense changing the tone? Luke Cage is invulnerable and his identity is known anyway. JJ's day job is basically being a meddler/hero type so she don't give a fuck.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol every fucking time :D

This show is gonna be just fine, people should at least give it a shot when it's out before concluding it's shittyness because the TV producers took a bit of necessary freedom from the comic books. Netflix Marvel so far has been great and there's no reason at all this won't be.

Also 80% of IF costumes are shitty af, so I'm fine with casual ninja-ing.

Pachimari

lol every fucking time :D

This show is gonna be just fine, people should at least give it a shot when it's out before concluding it's shittyness because the TV producers took a bit of necessary freedom from the comic books. Netflix Marvel so far has been great and there's no reason at all this won't be.

Also 80% of IF costumes are shitty af, so I'm fine with casual ninja-ing.
Jessica Jones was a mixed affair, Luke Cage was great up to the half point. DD S1 was superb and S2 was a mixed bag again even though I personally liked it. Tell me how this is being great up till this point. I mean, it's all about preferences and people can think that it has been a mixed bag up until now too. I'm personally a little disappointed by the Netflix stuff to be honest.

And every sign indicates this is not gonna turn out fine, thus people's scepticism. Have you even read Iron Fist? This is Scott Buck, mostly set in New York, it's grounded which indicates not much magic or Kun Lun. The choreography looked shitty so far and the actors had ONE months for preparation.

oneils

The actor had 1 month to get in shape and to learn choreography and stuff. They basically rushed it. I don't know how much we can blame the actor himself for not looking muscular.

Wow, really? 1 month? Damn. Yeah can't really blame him.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I sure hope theres a scene where he looks at a green and yellow costume of some kind and laughs "HA HA, COMIC BOOKS ARE FUCKING SHIT" straight down the camera lens.

Genuine laugh at that.

I don't get the people who are into comic book adaptations but don't want the comic book stuff.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Dude should've said his prayers and taken his vitamins.

Not super familiar with Iron Fist beyond the basics so I have to ask: is the fact his costume has those massive peripheral vision limiting handicaps as collars ever addressed?

mcrommert

Banned
Umm...what on earth am i reading on here. I think the producers of these shows should be given some latitude and trust. The shows have improved steadily to the point that the two seasons of daredevil are the worst (and still pretty good). Jessica Jones is a masterful season of tv with a small bit of slowdown in the middle. Luke Cage has a completely different tone that works perfectly and everything but the end was great.

And i see people comparing it to Agents of Shield...and while i haven't watched the last season that show has been so disappointing for so many seasons that i stopped watching entirely. If you have that long of a run you can eventually get something right, but the vast majority of the show has been forgettable nonsense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Umm...what on earth am i reading on here. I think the producers of these shows should be given some latitude and trust. The shows have improved steadily to the point that the two seasons of daredevil are the worst (and still pretty good). Jessica Jones is a masterful season of tv with a small bit of slowdown in the middle. Luke Cage has a completely different tone that works perfectly and everything but the end was great.

And i see people comparing it to Agents of Shield...and while i haven't watched the last season that show has been so disappointing for so many seasons that i stopped watching entirely. If you have that long of a run you can eventually get something right, but the vast majority of the show has been forgettable nonsense.

you are a crazy person

Falchion

I don't really have a problem with this although I can see why people who were fans of the source material do.

Pachimari

you are a crazy person
This.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
suit would of helped to hide his flab

I think this version is perfectly doable in live action, especially considering that it's pretty much Daredevil's first-appearance suit with a yellow mask and eyes.

yup this but green and cutoff slightly below the elbow and a yellow dragon on the front and a yellow version of the mask with eyes with black highlights bingo bango would of been cheap and easy to make

Why are we hinting st mystical shit?
Daredevil S1 Hinted at it
Daredevil S2 I loved because it confirmed it!!

But Iron Fist, the one I expected to go full speed ahead on the mystic/supernatural side of things....Is "grounded"

Man I'm pretty pissed why we going backwards.

Sephzilla

Yeah basically my thought as well. Iron Fist's costume is basically this costume, so I don't see why it can't work

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

I got the feeling they don't want to use the classic suit exactly because its very similar to the black suit.

sleepykyo

Even RDJ looks more muscular than this dude, and he's 51 and plays a character in a suit of armor

Pretty much.

That's a shame they couldn't have given him more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom