• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 is Bandai Namco America's fastest selling game ever

Have you had ANY Pvp interactions? You literally can be hit by a straight sword from like 5 characters away for no reason. It's way worse than DS2.

Yes, and? Online pvp hit detection is something so far removed from the singleplayer hitboxes that it's irrelevant to this discussion. No one expects those to be on-point.

Also the DS2 netcode is far worse than its fans like to admit. At least in DS3 the hit reach is becoming predictable like in DS1, whereas in DS2 there'd literally be entire evenings where I'm matched up with these sorts of chucklefucks.

MilkBeard

I'd be perfectly fine with From Software continuing to make Souls games every 2 years or so, and keeping it as medieval fantasy. At the same time, this will give them the funding ability to create new properties like Bloodborne.

Of course, we want to see some new stuff. They have to be very careful with new IPs moving forward. Will they break the mold entirely with the next game? It's hard to say. It will be fun to see what they come up with.

Either way, I'm down for a Souls 4, and a Bloodborne 2 while waiting for another new IP/revisited old IP.

Good news. I fell in love with Dark Souls two years ago and it was the first game in a long time to make me want to buy it legit. It became the first PC game I bought in close to a decade, with DS2 following close behind.

I pre-ordered 3 and had massive hype and it has not been let down. This is an incredible game, astonishing even. Visually it is one of the most impressive games I have ever played and the dark fantasy feel is so real that I can taste it. So many little moments like crows scattering or ghouls dramatically lit behind a lantern give me the feeling I used to get from Castlevania years and years ago.

Wouldn't be upset about a Dark Souls 4 in the least.

Durante

I don't see how anyone could claim DS2 is better than 3.
Don't worry, I'll make a huge thread about comparing all 3 Dark Souls games once I've spent at least 100 hours in DS3. I'll include lots of arguments in favor of and against each entry, and unless DS3 improves DS2 will end up on top from my personal perspective.

Trash game. They got rid of my small white soapstone. And powerstancing. And they fucked up the Darkmoon Covenant.

Not actually a trash game.
While it's obviously not a trash game, these are just some of the very clear improvements to the formula in DS2 which DS3 inexplicably omits.

Finalow

Have you had ANY Pvp interactions? You literally can be hit by a straight sword from like 5 characters away for no reason. It's way worse than DS2.
phantom range happens, sometimes. but way worse than Dark Souls 2? Not in this universe.
you probably forgot how abysmal it was in DkS2 compared to the other games in the series, or you're just lying for some laughable reason. because the reality is that it's (most of the time) perfectly fine in DkS3 and it was a deranged mess in DkS2, so much that 10 characters away phantom range weapons became a meta.

Don't worry, I'll make a huge thread about comparing all 3 Dark Souls games once I've spent at least 100 hours in DS3. I'll include lots of arguments in favor of and against each entry, and unless DS3 improves DS2 will end up on top from my personal perspective.
c0ol, can't wait to disagree with the 98.5% of whatever you're going to write then.

Top Bottom