• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders mystery code - redeem it to get Red Faction Guerilla for $5

I'll be damned, what an awesome promo. Like everyone else I thought it would just be some DLC, but this is way cooler. I just plugged in the code and ordered my copy. Props to THQ!

aparisi2274

So to confirm, after I enter my promo code, my total is $4.99, but I do not see this Helldisc listed in my cart. Is this the case with everyone? Or do I need to do something else?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Why does it list the 360 version as a digital download?
Was gonna order the 360 version (despite having Darksiders for the PS3) and give RFG to my brother, but if they're not sending a physical disc...

Mejilan said:
Was gonna order the 360 version (despite having Darksiders for the PS3) and give RFG to my brother, but if they're not sending a physical disc...

I came to ask this. It says the 360 version is a digital download. And if it's digital download, why am I paying shipping?

fernoca

Mejilan said:
Doesn't say anything about it bein digital..there's an 'Extended Download Service' on the cart, which you can trash..and it just some kind of warranty/backup for digital purchases.

EDIT:
Both versions say that when you click on it, but it seems to be just a mistake.

fernoca said:
Doesn't say anything about it bein digital..there's an 'Extended Download Service' on the cart, which you can trash..and it just some kind of warranty/backup for digital purchases.

Click on the product link or hover it for a few seconds.

aparisi2274

Yeah what is the deal with that?? It's a digital download, and I have to pay $5 for shipping?? That is not cool, not cool at all!!!

aparisi2274 said:
Yeah what is the deal with that?? It's a digital download, and I have to pay $5 for shipping?? That is not cool, not cool at all!!!

It says the same thing if you hover over the PS3 version and the game is not on PSN. It's probably a mistake.

fernoca

Nope, just $4.99 shipping..remove the 'Extended' thingie...

Anyway, both versions (360 and PS3) appear described as "Digital Download"..
The order (which was confirmed already) says something similar..but..it has a "Download" button, when you click on it..you get a PDF file saying 'Congratulations' on ordering ...etc etc..

So it seems that the digital download, is just the Congratulations flyer..

aparisi2274

fernoca said:
Nope, just $4.99 shipping..remove the 'Extended' thingie...

Anyway, both versions (360 and PS3) appear described as "Digital Download"..
The order (which was confirmed already) says something similar..but..it has a "Download" button, when you click on it..you get a PDF file saying 'Congratulations' on ordering ...etc etc..

So it seems that the digital download, is just the Congratulations flyer..

Nothing about that Helldisc??

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone have a code they don't want :lol

Maybe I should go and raid Gamestop's used area. What does the thing look like?

it looks like this:

1240303-codeinsert_super.gif

fernoca

aparisi2274 said:
Nothing about that Helldisc??
Nope, but the game says "Red Faction: Guerrilla Offer – X360". So seems that 'offer' is the keyword for:
-The extra disc
-Possibility of no case, but sleeve with the game and no instructions. :lol

Hey, I'm not expecting them to send me case and everything for $5, but I'd love to be wrong. :lol

EDIT:
Gamestop has Darksiders for $39.99 this weekend by the way; in stores.

I paid $5 dollars for DAY ONE shipping of Heavy Rain, they better give out the case if I'm paying that much again for standard shipping.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish I knew about this when I left today, I have been to 4 gamestops today, I am sure one copy in the used area would of had a code (Got complete copies of Suikoden 3 and Graidus V. Took a while to find a complete Suikoden 3, but the copy I found is in great shape. According to the code in the used label, Gamestop got it in only 2 days prior)

fernoca

AvidNobody said:
I paid $5 dollars for DAY ONE shipping of Heavy Rain, they better give out the case if I'm paying that much again for standard shipping.
Yeah, but here's $5 for a game that retails for up to $40 and a bonus disc...so is not like they are forced to do it... :D

AvidNobody said:
How much is this game new? I want a code for PS3... And I wanted this game, so I'm hopeful.
fernoca said:
Yeah, but here's $5 for a game that retails for up to $40 and a bonus disc...so is not like they are forced to do it... :D
I dunno if it still is, but RFG was $20 at Gamestop recently. I was really tempted to grab it, glad I din't.

Alphahawk

Ledsen said:
If anyone wants to donate their 360 code I'd be happy to take it :O Although... I'm in Europe and someone would have to buy the game and then send it to me :(

You relise that the copy of Red Faction they'll send you will also be a US copy right?

aparisi2274

well I just purchased it using my code, and the download is in fact a pdf file, but no mention of the helldisc. The pdf looks like this:

4352277301_e44b1669e9.jpg

Wonder if I will get an email about the Helldisc

aparisi2274

ntb825 said:
Great, I just tried using my code and it doesn't work.

0 (Zero's) might be O's or vice versa. I had what I thought was a Zero and entered it as such and it said Invalid. I changed it to O and it worked fine.

ntb825

aparisi2274 said:
0 (Zero's) might be O's or vice versa. I had what I thought was a Zero and entered it as such and it said Invalid. I changed it to O and it worked fine.
I've tried every combination of 0's and O's. Nothing is working. :(

Mejilan

Gonna hold off until some of this is clarified, I think. Digital download, no mention of the helldisc, etc.

aparisi2274

Mejilan said:
Gonna hold off until some of this is clarified, I think. Digital download, no mention of the helldisc, etc.

Well if you look at my picture in the post above, that picture is the 'Download' that you get in your e-mail after you finish the order, and nowhere does it ask for your XBL nick or serial number of the system to download it to...

Mejilan

aparisi2274 said:
Well if you look at my picture in the post above, that picture is the 'Download' that you get in your e-mail after you finish the order, and nowhere does it ask for your XBL nick or serial number of the system to download it to...

I did see your post, thanks. I'd like some confirmation re: the helldisc, though.

Monocle

This really came out of nowhere. Right on!

If it weren't for GAF that code of mine would have remained forgotten. Thanks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Alphahawk said:
There's a certain irony as to how this promo was probably meant to promote buying new games, but will undoubtibly end with Gamestop recieving many more used copies of RFG than before..

Given that the game is almost a year old now, I'm thinking it's more likely that they've found an excuse to clear stock.

Besides, I can't imagine that much more than a thousand codes end up getting redeemed.

tenz0r

just finished ordering my copy. I was planning on picking up Red Faction in the next few months too since it dropped in price to $19.99 at GameStop, but I am glad I saw this first.

Carnby

i redemned my code. no mention of the hellbook disc, but im confident it will be sent along with the game.

two things make this whole thing great... 1) im loving Darksiders. it was worth every penny. 2) i was VERY close to buying Red Faction with my best buy gift card. :D

Top Bottom