• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating in 2050

badblue

I'll be 69 in 2050.

Awkward Season 2 GIF by The Office

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
My last serious relationship ended in 1999.
I decided then that I was done. Not bitter or sad, just done 🙂

As I grew older I noticed my need for female companionship fading. A drop in testosterone maybe? Been there done that? Or focus on me and on my happiness.

Even in my 20's as much as I was sexual with my girlfriends it never was the only thing that kept us together.
Now at 54 years old I do miss the intimacy of spooning when sleeping sometimes but nothing else really.

Over those solitary years I've learned to know myself and love myself like no other chick could.

So of course I don't see myself dating at 82 years old in 2050 but I sure hope my PSVR45 allows me to sleep comfy spooning with a young Diane Keaton 😃

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

As I grew older I noticed my need for female companionship fading. A drop in testosterone maybe? Been there done that? Or focus on me and on my happiness.

Even in my 20's as much as I was sexual with my girlfriends it never was the only thing that kept us together.
Now at 54 years old I do miss the intimacy of spooning when sleeping sometimes but nothing else really.

Over those solitary years I've learned to know myself and love myself like no other chick could.

So of course I don't see myself dating at 82 years old in 2050 but I sure hope my PSVR45 allows me to sleep comfy spooning with a young Diane Keaton 😃
Never too late bro.

I feel almost the same as you do, but... I do want to give it one more shot. My last relationship ended on a solmen, but mutually positive note.
Before that, I was thinking I wouldn't do any more serious shit or even aspire to get married. While I see marriage as something I nearly feel completely against, because of the societal reasons that favor females over males in such a situation, I am content with having a long time partner who is loving, loyal and simple in nature.

I'd like to find someone who is self aware, mostly resistant to societal trends, humorous, intelligent and someone who thinks critically for themselves.
They don't have to like video games. If we share some of the same interests? That's enough. I think one of the more powerful reasons for taking on a serious relationship is if I feel the other person's intent and goal for us aligns with mine. Nothing has to be perfect or exact to what I want. I am flexible but SOOOOO fucking cautious.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The video is funny, to be expected (to some degree) and sad at the same time.

Nothing will ever be as exciting as to walk up to a girl you never met before and find attractive, to start a conversation. While rejection happens fairly often it also lead to some of the best experiences in my life and ultimately to the relationship i have today.

Will be interesting as to how technology will shape and shift the perception of meeting people and getting into a relationship. I think the video isn't that far off in some situations.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

You can get used to everything in your life but that doesn't mean you should. A relationship will never be easy and is destined to compromise on many things. However i strongly believe that you will gain much more than you loose when you find someone to love. Life has proven that to me time and time again.

So don't shut yourself off, in terms of finding the right person, no matter your age.

Top Bottom