• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Cox working with MercurySteam on secret unannounced project

Endless

Former Konami Head of Studio and Castlevania Producer Dave Cox working with MercurySteam on secret unannounced project!

MercurySteam reveals new partnership and updated teaser website ahead of big announcements in April.

MercurySteam have revealed that it has renewed its relationship with former Konami Head of Studio and Producer of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series Dave Cox who is now confirmed to be working with the studio once again on a new unannounced project.

MercurySteam are the independent Spanish development studio who successfully rebooted the Castlevania series for Konami which to date has shipped multiple millions of copies worldwide, garnered several industry awards and delivered the best selling game in the series for the Japanese Corporation.

Dave Cox is a games industry veteran and is credited with leading one of Konami’s most successful studios and franchises outside of Japan. Dave has worked with the likes of Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions, UK industry stalwarts SUMO Digital and Climax, as well as multiple internal and external teams across the globe on franchises as diverse as Pro Evolution Soccer to Silent Hill, Dancing Stage to Metal Gear Solid.

Enric Alvarez, Studio Head and Owner at MercurySteam commented “Making games is a real passion for us and we enjoy tackling huge challenges. We’ve worked with Dave over many years and his passion and enthusiasm coupled with years of experience will give us a strong foundation for what will be our most ambitious undertaking as an independent studio”

Dave Cox said “When I was approached by MercurySteam to get involved in their new project, I jumped at the chance. It’s been my great fortune and pleasure to work with this talented studio over many years. I’m extremely excited about this very ambitious work they’re undertaking. MercurySteam continue to push boundaries and their sheer creative spirit always astounds me. It’s great to be back with my old team mates!”

Also today, MercurySteam has launched an updated teaser site which hints at what is to come. The new site features their unique “signature” art design credentials with animated key art and a countdown pointing to a major announcement in April.

Fans can also check out the new teaser website by visiting mercurysteam.com

Mr. RHC

YES! Thank you DAVE COX, you WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING!

kAvsZ.gif

Cox-Pub-600x514.jpg

Wish it were Lords of Shadow 3, but I get why it isn't. Very much looking forward to it, Lords of Shadow was one of my tops from last gen.

I am excited. I like the art displayed above and overall was impressed by Lord of Shadows 1. Never played 2, however. Was hoping for a PS4 version.

From the art this seems like it could be a steam punk fantasy. Awesome.

Ydelnae

I knew they wouldn't announce the actual game today. Well, the announcement is one month away, they'll have time to hype it up.

Dascu

Ah, this clears up some discussion from a while back. Interesting that he went back to work with them.

gafneo

Banned
Nintendo had MS working on Metroid Prime for Wii U. When things fell apart, they remade their Metroid into an origional IP. Source-Unseen 64

Parsnip

Somewhat surprised.
Checking Dave's linkedin, he has left 'fish in a bottle' and is now at and the sole owner of DMC Games Consulting Limited.

"Now working with a world class independent studio on their next AAA multi-platform hit!"

Despite the glaring flaws, I had a ton of fun with all 3 LoS games, so I'm in with whatever they do next.

Top Bottom