• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Ramsey: Hack Fraud, Finance Guru, or Common Sense Common Man?

Ornlu

Banned
Hey fatty fatty , I appreciate the candid response. I'll second what you've said, also. The discussion in this topic has been very good, even with people disagreeing. Kudos to everyone who has posted thus far.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard his show a few times and most people that call in are just that dumb and irresponsible. They basically need an allowance. If they were smart enough to not need his advice, they probably wouldn't be in the situation they are in.

Could there be a better plan or better investment advice? Yeah, but that's not for his audience.

Yeah, that's my take. There are definitely better ways to invest than a lot of what Ramsey tells his audience, but he keeps it simple, because his audience typically doesn't have a clue and are in big financial trouble. The advice he gives is sound and will work for most if applied, but it's not necessarily optimized.

Top Bottom