• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave the Diver's new Godzilla DLC to be delisted in November so make sure to redeem it

The free Dave the Diver DLC themed around Godzilla releases for PS5, PS4, PC and Switch today, but take note that you've only got so long to redeem it before the expansion is gone forever. Presumably related to licences tied to the monster, the DLC will be taken off the digital stores on 23rd November 2024. Those who claim the content will still be able to play it beyond that date, but anyone who doesn't won't be able to even redeem it at all.

An update on the game's Steam page confirms the situation: "Download will no longer be available after the distribution period." It also clarifies that if you redeem the DLC but then delete it after the expiration date, you can still download it again.

Source - Push Square

lem0n

I wonder if this'll be considered a "rare" digital item, like the PT demo. Since it's coming to PC, probably not

near

Gold Member
Has there ever been a shorter licensing period? I assume that's why it's getting delisted and was promoted as a time limited free-DLC.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Has there ever been a shorter licensing period? I assume that's why it's getting delisted and was promoted as a time limited free-DLC.
my edit GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It is quite interesting, I wonder if the license was granted as part of promo for Godzilla Minus One, which got its Blu-ray/streaming release this month.

Top Bottom