• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Gibson: Nintendo and Microsoft's Azure is looking to team up to offer their own streaming service

CyberPanda

Banned

Interesting times ahead folks.

VukLL8S.gif

D69bS1yWwAAMuJg.jpg:large

Last edited:
Xbox isn’t teaming up with PlayStation. They are teaming up with Microsoft.

“Sony and Amazon held talks last year for a deeper collaboration on cloud gaming... Similar to how Netflix Inc. fights Prime Video while relying on Amazon for cloud hosting, and how Apple Inc. competes against Samsung Electronics Co. while buying its components” - Bloomberg

They basically dropping Amazon for Microsoft. When streaming takes off, it will have to compete against Xbox while paying Microsoft for cloud access. Idk why people think we are getting XStation Live.

Bryank75

Banned
Well, if each streaming service only has multiplats and a handful of exclusives, I can't see any of them doing well, along with the lag and bandwidth etc. it would fragment the market too much... buying a PS5 or 6 would just beat it in so many ways.

When you don't make money from selling hardware, I guess it doesn't matter much to you if your customers play your games rendered on a plastic box in the living room or directly from your servers. The only question is: Will consumers adopt streaming? If so, how many years will it take for regular consoles to die out? From the perspective of MS/Sony/Nintendo, the all streaming/cloud future can't come soon enough.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Microsoft wins everything. Goddam Nadella is good.

Interesting to see how a virtualised Switch would work. I mean, unlike the other platforms, they can probably just emulate it with any general purpose chip.

mcjmetroid

Ya I saw this cooking. This was pretty much rumoured even before the PlayStation deal. No reason why Microsoft or Nintendo wouldn't do this.

Sure people are going as far as saying game pass will be on the switch.

DanielsM

Banned
Will consumers adopt streaming?

Don't we already have the answer to that? Game streaming is a very mature feature/technology. All we have is a bunch of companies recycle the same marketing over and over, at least Sony doesn't talk about game streaming much.

Top Bottom