• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Milch, Michael Mann team for HBO horse-racing drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Reading the article linked to the teaser trailer. Mann vs. Milch battles must have been intense. Only 9 episodes is kind of saddening though, but I'm sure it will be awesome.

John from Cincinnati says hi, but this seems more akin to Deadwood so I'm excited.

I'm a huge Mann and Deadwood fanboy so this is my most hyped upcoming season now. Dustin Hoffman is sick casting. As is Nolte and Farina (and the spanish guy who's jealous of Farrell in Miami Vice)

edit: oh man that article is awesome. Power clashes between Mann and Milch on set? Yet they come to an agreement. Milch is delivering all the scripts and Mann is supervising the entire season? GOD DAMN. Show of the year.

Lack of dialogue in the preview is disconcerting to say the least. Milch >>>>>>>>>> Mann creatively so the sound of that other article does not leave me hopeful.

lol that's crazy. Deadwood is a god-tier show but Mann has several amazing films under his belt. Maybe if Luck hits it out of the park the gap will be narrower.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Discotheque said:
John from Cincinnati says hi, but this seems more akin to Deadwood so I'm excited.
John From Cincinnati was awesome for what it was.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Lack of dialogue in the preview is disconcerting to say the least. Milch >>>>>>>>>> Mann creatively so the sound of that other article does not leave me hopeful.
This is just a teaser. It's totally in line with their usual marketing pattern for there to be no dialogue right now. They're just getting the show's name, stars and setting out there in their viewers' awareness.

Discotheque said:
btw I'm sorry that I jumped on you like that, this is the internet so contradicting opinions ignite hostility for me lolol

It's cool, mayne! I fully admit I have very little experience with his work because it has never held any appeal to me. Whereas I've been on board with Milch for quite a while. Which tells me that at least for me, Milch is wildly superior.

Clevinger

BenjaminBirdie said:

The dialogue in the pilot script was good, at least. I'm just hoping that it's not delivered all wooden like Miami Vice and Public Enemies were.

Hoffman looks freaking menacing in here. Swearengen part. 2

I hope Nolte is a series regular (as in past just season 1) he's a fantastic actor.

- HBO to Debut "Luck" Pilot Behind "Boardwalk Empire" Finale on December 11
LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- HBO will give audiences its first look at the Dustin Hoffman-led drama "Luck" on Sunday, December 11 at 10:00/9:00c following the season finale of "Boardwalk Empire," network sources have confirmed to the site exclusively.

The full 57-minute pilot will debut on said date prior to its formal rollout in January (exact date TBA).

Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Kevin Dunn, Richard Kind, Jason Gedrick, Ritchie Coster, Ian Hart, Tom Payne, Kerry Condon, Gary Stevens and Nick Nolte also star in "Luck," from executive producers David Milch, Michael Mann and Carolyn Strauss.

- The premiere date is set, too:
HBO sets December sneak, January premiere for 'Luck'

After a long stretch of nebulous premiere periods, HBO's star-studded new drama "Luck" finally has a formal launch date.

HBO announced on Tuesday (Nov. 1) that "Luck" will have a special sneak preview of its first episode on Sunday, December 11 following the season finale of "Boardwalk Empire."

"Luck" will then have its official premiere on Sunday, January 29 and will continue with the remainder of its nine-episode first season on subsequent Sundays.

Set against the backdrop of the world of horse racing, "Luck" was written by David Milch ("Deadwood"), who is serving as executive producer along with pilot director Michael Mann ("Heat").

"Luck" will make Dustin Hoffman's regular TV series debut and features a star-studded supporting cast including Nick Nolte, Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Richard Kind, Kevin Dunn and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom