• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone gets a 5/10 and 6.5/10 from Gamespot and IGN respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenspider

I don't relish in a bad score here for fanboy purposes, but I am happy to see the formula breaking down at the high level of discussion.

AAA budget, but D-list imagination.

Phobia

Reaching? Lol you're literally calling me a fanboy for enjoying one console when you enjoy another console and feel the need to shame me for some reason like what I like is wrong or something. You are currently shit posting on a gaming forum in the middle of work hours. You are also a fanboy. Just like literally everyone posting in this thread.

And yeah, my Xbox One X is a better machine than your PS4 or Pro is. you can laugh at that if you want, still better. Won't be missing Days Gone until its 20 bucks. All my games play and look better than any multi platform games.

And for the record, I find it equally funny when Xbox fanboys rage out over people shitting on Crackdown 3.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Reaching? Lol you're literally calling me a fanboy for enjoying one console when you enjoy another console and feel the need to shame me for some reason like what I like is wrong or something. You are currently shit posting on a gaming forum in the middle of work hours. You are also a fanboy. Just like literally everyone posting in this thread.

And yeah, my Xbox One X is a better machine than your PS4 or Pro is. you can laugh at that if you want, still better. Won't be missing Days Gone until its 20 bucks. All my games play and look better than any multi platform games.

And for the record, I find it equally funny when Xbox fanboys rage out over people shitting on Crackdown 3.

You denounce others for being a fanboy while ignoring the fact that you, yourself, are just as bad of a fanboy of those you denounce. The hypocrisy levels are so high that I am genuinely surprised that you are still so oblivious to that fact.

Phobia

You are currently shit posting on a gaming forum in the middle of work hours. You are also a fanboy. Just like literally everyone posting in this thread.

Yeah. This implies that I am also a fanboy. Because I am also posting on this forum during work hours. At work.

Reading comprehension is a valuable tool.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

This is your first contribution (persecution complex) to a fanatic bias OP thread:

Bad PS4 game? QUICK SHIT ON XBOX!

And this is your second (typical fanboy adverts that is oh so common when people end with "on my Xbox One X") irreverent to the thread topic.

This is amazing. For once we're seeing the Sony fanboys defend something like Xbox fanboys defend something and its absolutely incredible to watch. I'll get this in a couple months. Still on Division 2 on my Xbox One X.

Have a little self awareness.

:pie_invert:

Phobia

Go ahead and scroll up one post, then go ahead and reread the first post you quoted, where I lump myself in as a fanboy. Perhaps you should also take your own advice?

scalman

doesnt look as very good game though. something in this story that is not so much capture you in it . would need more emotions more caring for something ...

Phobia

This is your first contribution (persecution complex) to a fanatic bias OP thread:

And this is your second (typical fanboy adverts that is oh so common when people end with "on my Xbox One X") irreverent to the thread topic.

Have a little self awareness.

:pie_invert:

But i'm the salty one. You took the time to quote and critique all my comments, which you started after getting salty for me saying I was playing a certain game on a certain console by calling me a fanboy. I proceeded to respond by calling you a fanboy, you got butthurt so I went ahead and said that everyone here is a fanboy. You get more butthurt and decide to double down on calling me a fanboy, something I freely admitted in the posts you quoted, and then call ME salty. Truly, it's incredible.

I own every console on the market right now. I'm a fanboy for gaming as a whole, its just funny that anytime someone says something remotely positive about Xbox here they get shit on while the people doing the shitting get hearts and likes for it.

Alright I gotta go season my steak with all this salt. Brb.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
But i'm the salty one. You took the time to quote and critique all my comments, which you started after getting salty for me saying I was playing a certain game on a certain console by calling me a fanboy. I proceeded to respond by calling you a fanboy, you got butthurt so I went ahead and said that everyone here is a fanboy. You get more butthurt and decide to double down on calling me a fanboy, something I freely admitted in the posts you quoted, and then call ME salty. Truly, it's incredible.

I own every console on the market right now. I'm a fanboy for gaming as a whole, its just funny that anytime someone says something remotely positive about Xbox here they get shit on while the people doing the shitting get hearts and likes for it.

Alright I gotta go season my steak with all this salt. Brb.

You are taking this way too serious. You may want to not salt it so much with that high blood pressure.

Phobia

Typical response. Calls someone out expecting no response, gets a response, 'y u so serious bro?'

I'm perfectly chill, just on break.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
D5A62TFXkAA59Fm.png:large

Such an obnoxious soyboy, 10 bucks say "he" has an account on era maybe even mod

They are all going on about that out-of-context line calling it "white trash" because they didn't get the reference and also Patrick Klepek is in the thread, he compared a mission to slavery or some shit. Insane people.

Fluzer

Banned
Jeez, some of you are so bitchmade. This console warring is all in good fun. I thought this was the conservative gaming forum, have some backbone and take a joke.

As bad as Days Gone is, at least it ain't The Devil's Third. Lolkollol

Last edited:

SonGoku

They are all going on about that out-of-context line calling it "white trash" because they didn't get the reference and also Patrick Klepek is in the thread, he compared a mission to slavery or some shit. Insane people.
FFS there's no pleasing these people.
Embrace sex: White trash
Prude about sex: Slut shaming

wtf is going on! my poor cis straight male brain can't comprehend!!!

Last edited:

Romulus

i understand opinions are like assholes but when IGN gives a game a 6.5 it must really be a stinker.

Not at all. They gave Alien Isolation a 6 and its considered one of the best horror games of all time. They just gave VR borderlands VR a 3/10 because they didn't bother looking at the settings menu. Then had to do the review all over again when people called them out about it. Neither of those games are remotely close to being stinkers.

Also, the game is mostly fixable. The problems in the reviews have been fixed in many games in the past.

Another thing I noticed is many of the polls around the web guessing the review score. Resetera had a big poll and 40% guessed it to score in the 70-79 range so not some huge surprise for many.

MC Safety

I read Pat Klepek's assessment of the game and I enjoyed his criticisms, but man did he ever mix his metaphors.

The idea is the horse never gets to eat the carrot on the stick, not that there are infinite carrots to eat and the horse is never satiated.

zeorhymer

Not at all. They gave Alien Isolation a 6 and its considered one of the best horror games of all time. They just gave VR borderlands VR a 3/10 because they didn't bother looking at the settings menu. Then had to do the review all over again when people called them out about it. Neither of those games are remotely close to being stinkers.

Also, the game is mostly fixable. The problems in the reviews have been fixed in many games in the past.

Another thing I noticed is many of the polls around the web guessing the review score. Resetera had a big poll and 40% guessed it to score in the 70-79 range so not some huge surprise for many.
The bigger problem is that these "reviewers" influence Metacritic and that companies tie into the scores. Bad Metacritic score, no bonus or worse no more funding for the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom