• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA announced for XBLA, PSN

Trojan X

Banned
Dave Long said:
There was a GAF thread on the release of Gunblade/LA Machineguns. I'm sure I posted in it. C'mon dudes. Stay tuned in!

Yes, you've done more PR than SEGA themselves!

It's NO WONDER why there products don't sell, it's because the majority of their marketing efforts are either next to nothing or crap as anything.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dave Long said:
There was a GAF thread on the release of Gunblade/LA Machineguns. I'm sure I posted in it. C'mon dudes. Stay tuned in!
[sarcasm]
OMG, there was a game released that got an Official Thread on the message board I read daily, a QuickLook on the website that does quicklooks that also got posted on the thread of the message board about them that I frequent, and I never found out about it because I was too busy complaining about the latest game I didn't play/masturbating furiously at the OT from the AAA game that came out along with it!

Damn you SEGA, it's all your fault! You should have had a massive Television/Theater/Transatlantic marketing campaign about this quick portjob of a couple of old arcade games, which gameplay restricts the amount of people that would be interested in it in this day and age!
[/sarcasm]

Game is also on various Top 10 Wii games/Top 15 SEGA games lists on NeoGaf. Was also talked about extensively on threads before the OT. It's pretty much also discussed in every "House of the Dead on the Wii" thread on GAF.

Regular Joe might have an excuse to not know about the release of this game. People that are "into the industry", "oh god I need games for my Wii", "goddammit SEGA used to kick ass what happened to them" as Neogaf Gaming Forum users are, not so much...

Tomasooie

_dementia said:
drizzle, I think sarcasm might be dangerous if used in such staggeringly high doses
Doesn't read like sarcasm to me...

Edit: Lol, well, yeah, the top part is definitely sarcasm... >_<

I thought he meant the whole post was sarcastic, because I guess it would be possible to not have heard of this game, or knew of it but "forgot to buy it", even though you're a huge Sega fan who incessantly clamors for ports of every single niche arcade game they've ever released, especially the "fabled" Model 3 games, and argues that it would be a huge endeavor to port them -- that they'd have to wait for some ragtag emulation team to get to a level where they're able to do the work for Sega. Meanwhile, Sega quietly shits out competent ports of both a model 2 and model 3 game, packaged together.

But again, I guess this could've flown over some heads...

Chalk it up to a SEGA radar malfunction...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Tomasooie said:
Doesn't read like sarcasm to me...
It is. I'm posting as if I'm angry about SEGA, but in reality I'm just exposing my views on why anybody that's angry at SEGA should be aware of the game.

Or maybe i'm being sarcastic now?

herzogzwei1989 said:
Thanks man.

From one robee to another, sorry. I know how it feels. I came home to Virginia after spending three months in Florida with a sick new born daughter to find my Kuro, xbox, PS3 and thousands in electronics taken.

I hope karma is a bitch.

Spiderjericho said:
From one robee to another, sorry. I know how it feels. I came home to Virginia after spending three months in Florida with a sick new born daughter to find my Kuro, xbox, PS3 and thousands in electronics taken.

I hope karma is a bitch.

So sorry man, that's awful. I hope what goes around, comes around, that's basicly karma.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
As faithful as they can be with Wii remote cursor control, yes. (not being mean; they seemed pretty accurate enough otherwise, plus widescreen)

Dave Long

Banned
I just played last night. The conversions are great! You may not remember how archaic the graphics are on Gunblade NY, but it plays fantastically. L.A. Machineguns as well.

Dave Long said:
I just played last night. The conversions are great! You may not remember how archaic the graphics are on Gunblade NY, but it plays fantastically. L.A. Machineguns as well.

I got mine yesterday too. I love the graphics in Gunblade NY...it's like some lost era between Playstation and Dreamcast. LA Machineguns was damn fun. I'm surprised how strong the wii remote can shake during boss fights!

Trojan X

Banned
patrickthehedgehog said:
I got mine yesterday too. I love the graphics in Gunblade NY...it's like some lost era between Playstation and Dreamcast. LA Machineguns was damn fun. I'm surprised how strong the wii remote can shake during boss fights!

Holy crap! Is it safe to say that both games, LA Machine Gun & Gunblade NY, are Arcade perfect? Did the dev include anything further in the game?

What the hell? I've never seen this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muw5FyRNoN8

Trojan X said:
Holy crap! Is it safe to say that both games, LA Machine Gun & Gunblade NY, are Arcade perfect? Did the dev include anything further in the game?

What the hell? I've never seen this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muw5FyRNoN8

Vaguely remember details about the original arcade games, but aside from a bit of slowdown in LA Machineguns I'd guess they're pretty close to arcade perfect. Gun upgrades are the only extras I know of.

Baron

Absolutely can't wait until Tuesday. First game release I've been genuinely excited about in ages. I'll be online racing that evening - add me as a friend on both PSN and 360 if you'd like. I need some Daytona sparring partners.

(I'll likely give in and buy both PSN and XBLA versions of the game. Is that sick?)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Baron said:
(I'll likely give in and buy both PSN and XBLA versions of the game. Is that sick?)
I did that with Sega Rally Online Arcade, come to think of it. I need to grab the remaining achievements for the X360 version (5 online wins, win with every car, 50 games played), though...

ShortBus said:
It hasnt aged very well.

Well, Daytona USA was made in 1993 afterall, i wouldn't expect the graphics or gameplay to stand up to the current generation, you know? At the time, the hardware driving the game, the Model 2 board designed by Martin Marietta, was absolutely state of the art.

Rain_ng

Banned
Wonder if we'll get a theme.

UK Resistance needs to come back for this, even if its just one post.

Blue Skies Forever - RIP - UKR

DonMigs85

Bucket-o-roadkill said:
Name any other game from 1993 which has aged better..?!

I think it still looks great!
Secret of Mana.
To be honest, I think some of you guys are clouded by nostalgia. The game really isn't THAT great by today's standards. That said, I'm still getting it too.

1-D_FTW

Bucket-o-roadkill said:
Name any other game from 1993 which has aged better..?!

I think it still looks great!

This. The driving physics look a lot more funky than I remember in my head, but it looks eons better than games of its era.

Top Bottom