• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ SA (Standalone) Alpha now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goat

So how is it, compared to the original mod version? I haven't played it in a very long time. I was so put off by the horrible inventory UI and overall jank. Looks like the animation has been improved. Hopefully the weapons handle better now.

Anyway, $30 is way too much.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well hey, at least they have a proper warning on the page

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

lol

nampad

Why are people saying it costs €30 when it is €23.99 for me in Steam? Saw that there is a supporter version on the BIS site but I can't see it because the site is getting slammed. What does the supporter version add?

does it have the shitty optimization and overall shittiness of the arma 2 engine ?
i heard they tweaked gun handling but honestly that's only one of the many problems the arma 2 engine had imo

Im tempted to grab this since I enjoyed the mod, before it went to shit awhile ago.

The alpha tag has me worried though, may hold off to see if this is at least a little bit stable.

Get it while it's hot, up on Steam, Bistudio is still down. Who else managed to get it!?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Zomba13

Just bought it. Don't care it's alpha. Wanted to play the mod for so long but couldn't as I had Arma from greenmangaming and through their launcher and didn't want to buy the game again for the mod when I knew they'd release a standalone.

Dennis

Banned
dayz_alpha_39cu56.jpg
Jesus Christ this looks great.

I can only imagine what it would look like if I took it.

nampad

For everyone who is wondering what the supporter edition is:

Supporter Edition
DAYZ Alpha

DayZ Supporters Forums Lounge*

Arma 2 Complete Collection gift code Steam*

Digital map of Chernarus*

*These items will only be available in English and will be distributed upon the full release of DAYZ.

€59.99

Dorrin

Hmmm... I actually bought Arma a couple of months after the DayZ came out and I found it a bit underwhelming. I think it would be awesome if you had a dedicated group but if you are solo it just seemed like 99% of the time nothing much was going on.

I'll check out some streams on it, still curious about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom