• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

Woo-Fu

Banned
Well, picked up the game... and I absolutely hate it, oh well. lol Ran around for 10 minutes and didn't see anything, the head bobbing also was starting to make me sick.

Turn off the headbob, and switch to 3rd person view. You might hate the game but you haven't played it yet, IMHO. :)

Double

omg i broke my leg just when i saved myself from starvationa fter finally finding a weapon AND ammo :D :(

is there a way to fix this? If im bound to only crouch anymore i rather kill myself lol.

legacyzero

Banned
ßthePenguin;40138217 said:
omg i broke my leg just when i saved myself from starvationa fter finally finding a weapon AND ammo :D :(

is there a way to fix this? If im bound to only crouch anymore i rather kill myself lol.

Dont have any shots on you?

EDIT: Morphine shots that is.

Soi-Fong

ßthePenguin;40138217 said:

I'd help you if I could, since I have a morphine injection. I'll be logging on later today. Hope to play with some gaffers (and chat on Mumble) and get rid of the paranoia I get in the game of trusting anyone.

Double

Im already bleeding out :D no morphine sadly. Thanks for the aid but there no way anyone would find me now as i have no idea myself where im at lol.

Funny thing was, i just found food on top of that barn when the icon was already blinking... then i jump one of the stairs and BLAM haha =(

A few questions:

1. When I press M for map nothing shows up.
2. How do you open doors (if possible)?
3. I don't know where I am going nor where I am since the map isn't showing up, neither is the compass.
4. How do you pick up a weapon?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looking at the Yogscast videos of this game, it looks WAYYYYYYY too buggy. Zombies passing through doors and all.

Quikies83

A few questions:

1. When I press M for map nothing shows up.
2. How do you open doors (if possible)?
3. I don't know where I am going nor where I am since the map isn't showing up, neither is the compass.
4. How do you pick up a weapon?

I'd really suggest going through the basic training that's available within the vanilla game. You'll learn basics like picking up items, opening doors, and maneuvering.

1. You have to find a map -- it's essentially gear in DayZ.
2. You'll get an onscreen prompt that looks like a door frame - you can click your mouse scroll-wheel button to open or close. (not all buildings can be accessed though)
3. See number 1. But when you first spawn, you'll get a message on the lower right of your screen telling you the Island name as well as the area you've spawned. You can access DayZ maps online and find that city to get a better idea of where you're at. I normally keep East until I find towns to raid.
4. When you find a weapon - move up to it and press either "g" or click in the mouse scroll-wheel button.

Atruvius

I'm in the gaf server. I don't know where I am, where I should go... I don't have anything to attack the zombies with... Just downloaded this today.

MrKayle

just bought this. where should i go? i just played for about 45 minutes, died to zombies two times, saw no people, found no gear. went into wilderness and kept going on and on. saw a cow lol.

Kyaw

Just played it for about an hour. Pretty desolate, I have nothing to fight the zombies with.

Found a bunch of ammo and stuff but no weapons at all in town. I'm nearly out of water, probably gonna die soon.

Kyaw

Welcome to DayZ.

Hahaha, thought as much. I enjoyed it though apart from my eyes fucked from the near black and white contrast levels when losing blood.

Found someone else too, I doomed him by introducing the zombies that are following me and then he disappeared.

Sethos

Banned
You play this pretty regularly, dont you Sethos?? I havn't seen you on the GAF server.

No, I don't even like it :p Played it 2-3 times and just got bored out of my mind. I can definitely see the attraction but I just feel it's not utilizing the RV engine to its true strengths due to the nature of the game.

I'm just surprised such a 'simple' mod just keeps skyrocketing, just thought it'd start to fall at some point, people would get tired of just walking around all day - Guess not :)

legacyzero

Banned
No, I don't even like it :p Played it 2-3 times and just got bored out of my mind. I can definitely see the attraction but I just feel it's not utilizing the RV engine to its true strengths due to the nature of the game.

I'm just surprised such a 'simple' mod just keeps skyrocketing, just thought it'd start to fall at some point, people would get tired of just walking around all day - Guess not :)
You should come play with the group!

Me (the one and only Legache!)
Wedge
Mik
Stuntman
M.O.B.
Gibbz
Krappa
etc.

We are an awesome group! i think you might have more fun if you join up on Mumble!

I'd also like to play with some of the GAF mods too LOL. I know EatChildren and Bish showed some interest. Even Evilore was in here.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Trying to get in now. I thought I followed the installation steps correctly, but when I try to join the GAF server it says "Battleye Initiation Failed". Seems like anti-cheat programs are always fuckin' with me like this, and I don't even know how to cheat :(. I'll try again later I guess.

Acinixys

So, im on my longest running life (+-5 days), and im set for life. Im geared to the full already, and i feel that weapon and equipment spawns are way to common atm. Im running a M4A1-silenced with a holo sight, m1911, ammo for both, a 24 slot back pack as well as every tool available. (compass/NVGs/map etc). i also have a functioning truck.

I hope the developer/s makes spawns more rare. Of weapons especially. You can find something amazing with in the first 10 minutes if you know where to go.

Ceebs

Trying to get in now. I thought I followed the installation steps correctly, but when I try to join the GAF server it says "Battleye Initiation Failed". Seems like anti-cheat programs are always fuckin' with me like this, and I don't even know how to cheat :(. I'll try again later I guess.

I had a friend with this problem last night. He kept installing the battleye stuff but it never got installed into the OA folder as well. Try the Battleye site for a new version and make sure you get the install files in your OA directory.

legacyzero

Banned
So, im on my longest running life (+-5 days), and im set for life. Im geared to the full already, and i feel that weapon and equipment spawns are way to common atm. Im running a M4A1-silenced with a holo sight, m1911, ammo for both, a 24 slot back pack as well as every tool available. (compass/NVGs/map etc). i also have a functioning truck.

I hope the developer/s makes spawns more rare. Of weapons especially. You can find something amazing with in the first 10 minutes if you know where to go.
Are you on the GAF server?? Wedgy and the other probably have a safe place to help you store all your awesome spoils, and park your truck.

Maybe.. It's been a while since I played. I got owned by a hacker after a 3 day run and got discouraged.

ZenVolta

Pretty upset with the way my adventure last night went. After finding my buddy a M4 CCO we went to the NW AirField after a pit stop at Devils Castle. We were fired on by a sniper in the tree line(really bad shot nothing came near us) only to have him pop up behind and kill my friend. After 14 shots with my M4 he still escapes by D/C'ing

Its not about the gear that was lost. Its not the time we put into finding food and making are way there. Its that I cant even avenge my friend. I wanted this guy dead.

http://youtu.be/gMWd1ZfsllU

legacyzero

Banned
The hacking has got even worse, about once a day our server gets attacked with varying methods of hacking. Yesterday everyone was turned into dogs....
Does that make you lose all of your shit? or is it temporary? Because if it's temporary, sure it's annoying, but you dont lose your progress.

Straight up getting killed by a trolling hacker is the most frustrating thing. Sure, if I get killed by a bandit, I EARNED THAT DEATH!
This is why I wish we could put a password on the server :(

The M.O.B

Does that make you lose all of your shit? or is it temporary? Because if it's temporary, sure it's annoying, but you dont lose your progress.

Straight up getting killed by a trolling hacker is the most frustrating thing. Sure, if I get killed by a bandit, I EARNED THAT DEATH!
This is why I wish we could put a password on the server :(

They teleported everyone after and killed them all.......glad I wasn't there heh

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh my graphicals glitches are actually getting worse. Not only do I have some kind of dark glow around every trees. I also noticed that it looks like my whole screen is dirty..not sure how to explain it but it's just fucking weird.

And now, when I first go to the airstrip and started going through the buildings I started getting a bunch of textures and polygons flying around everwhere (you know..like "the" classic video card glitch that you see in a ton of games when you have bad drivers or a dying card)....

My card is fine, every other games look good.

The dark glow and the dirty screen things were annoying but now the new texture/polygon bug is pretty much game breaking. Wonder if it's an issue with the latest Nvidia beta driver? I'm not finding anything on the web right now.

Kinda like in that video. Maybe not as bad but the same kind of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xsLyXXKJUg

News Bot

Banned
Ugh my graphicals glitches are actually getting worse. Not only do I have some kind of dark glow around every trees. I also noticed that it looks like my whole screen is dirty..not sure how to explain it but it's just fucking weird.

And now, when I first go to the airstrip and started going through the buildings I started getting a bunch of textures and polygons flying around everwhere (you know..like "the" classic video card glitch that you see in a ton of games when you have bad drivers or a dying card)....

My card is fine, every other games look good.

The dark glow and the dirty screen things were annoying but now the new texture/polygon bug is pretty much game breaking. Wonder if it's an issue with the latest Nvidia beta driver? I'm not finding anything on the web right now.

I know what you're talking about, and it has only ever happened to me on the GAF server, along with terrible fps.

Top Bottom