• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

Tesseract

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gafz

Will now become home to Bandit Gaf.

sielm.gif

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyone have a list of newbie tips or anything? Default keybinds for this mod? how do I talk? what channel am I suppose to use? How do I know who can hear me? I'm looking for some newbie essentials.

Max

I am not Max
Patch is out, servers being restarted

UPDATE : 7 MAY 2012
Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.5.5
* dayz_equip 1.2.1

Developer's Note:
* Tents and Vehicles reset

Changelog:
* [NEW] Vehicle Update Management
* [NEW] Tent Update Management
* [NEW] Player Skin Transition System
* Other shit, too tired ok

Asparagus

I got a bit cocky, thought I could take on some zombies in a town but there were far more than I anticipated and I ran out of ammo D: Made a run for it and had 5 chasing me for ages, thought I was probably gona die until I ran down a super steep hill and they all "jumped" off lol. 4 died so I did the same thing again and killed the last one. Healed up and logged off for the night, I'll have to go ammo hunting tomorrow and hopefully run into some actual players.

It launched within a minute this time on Dallas 4 server. Hopefully that keeps up.

Forgot to update the dayz_code and had to update then jump into a different server

WedgeX

Banned
Ah conceptor and beast! I was on your server briefly! Spawned by myself, wandered into some buildings, found a winchester and a sniper rifle. Felt pretty good about life.

Then came the zombies, respawning. Six attacked! I killed three, and ran off bleeding. Unfortunately I had not mastered bandages at that point. Bled out while the remaining three zombies gave chase!

Now Nixel and I are attempting to meet up.

Max

I am not Max
All my friends got transferred to the buffer zone along with the rest of the server on Dallas 4, so now I'm all alone in the woods for some reason...

what the eff

Mafro

yeah just posted on there, one solution is leaving yourself logging in for a few hours till you die of thirst.

Any decent solutions let me know.
Fixed it! I just let myself bleed out so I properly died and everything was fine when I respawned again.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Just stocked up a good bit. Lee Winfield with 5 clips. Had to leave the server though. The lag was baaddd.
Just got onto US1 Server if anyone wants to join up.

So, NY1 everyone spawned as birds...

That sounds awesome? Could they fly or just people birds?

I've been able to load in 4 servers within a minute or so now. That's cut way down from the 5-10 min wait before.

Everyone remember to update to BOTH of these, I initially forgot to update the code and it reminded me in game to do so:
* dayz_code 1.5.5
* dayz_equip 1.2.1

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Got into a pack of survivors, we're roaming from town to town scavenging supplies when all of the sudden we all randomly die. Everyone on the server dies.....

Got into a pack of survivors, we're roaming from town to town scavenging supplies when all of the sudden we all randomly die. Everyone on the server dies.....

I was there, coming to terms with losing my gear. I was only just getting over spawning as a bird :(

Mafro

Spent the past half hour creeping around Chernorgosk in pitch black. Found a flashlight in a church but didn't want to use it in case it attracted any attention since I saw a few lit flares around town.

There's definitely an influx of new players which is making for hilarious meetings. I died before so I'm spawning with no good gear anyways but someone will see me crouch and go OH GOD, I SEE SOMEONE CROUCHING. WHAT DO I DO then start firing wildly from 100 feet away. Then I tell them I'm friendly and they go "sorry, don't shoot. I didn't know what to do!".

Blizzard

Banned
I apparently cancelled the Battleye install by accident or something, and when I try the reinstall Battleye option now it says the game is not available. Is there a way to manually install it? Is it needed for Dayz? This is for normal Arma II, not OA yet.

I apparently cancelled the Battleye install by accident or something, and when I try the reinstall Battleye option now it says the game is not available. Is there a way to manually install it? Is it needed for Dayz? This is for normal Arma II, not OA yet.

I'm not sure if it'll work, but you can try out the Battleye website. There's a download on there. I do believe it is needed for Dayz, though.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure if it'll work, but you can try out the Battleye website. There's a download on there. I do believe it is needed for Dayz, though.
I just tried the installer from here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?109915-BattlEye-Installers-(A2-OA-A2-RFT-A2)

I hope that's an official website, lol.

*edit* I get errors even launching OA, and the recommendation is to run Steam in admin mode. Isn't that something you're not supposed to do? *edit again* Restarting Steam seemed to fix it. I'm expecting maximum jank!

ScRYeD

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyone have a list of newbie tips or anything? Default keybinds for this mod? how do I talk? what channel am I suppose to use? How do I know who can hear me? I'm looking for some newbie essentials.

www.dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

A couple of guides in the sticky section.

Played a few hours last night, joined a game walked a few miles and got shot at so I booked it, lost the guy shooting at me walked into a barn. Up some stairs and found a can of coke and a sniper rifle, started to walk back down those stairs again thought I would take a shortcut and jump down one flight of small stairs and immediately started losing a tone of blood, I finally stopped the bleeding losing half of my blood. I was like "damn it I'm not jumping off anything ever again". After the shock wore off I started making tracks, found a few dead bodies started looting them and found a watch and compass a few bits a and pieces and thought,I was invincible so I took on a few zombies and eventually died.

Stared my second game, walking around a town with no zombies in sight, a few dead survivors later found some ammo, food and what not. Walked into a house found an Alice bag but couldn't open it so I could grab the stuff that was in my other bag. Walked outside and 10 or so zombies had spawned so I shot a few that were in the immediate surroundings staying in the house past a few doorways so the zombies would bunch up and be easy pickings but all I did was waste ammo. After that was finished I went to some docks after searching I found some barbed wire kit plus a few other things I had no how and when to use. Eventually zombies started spawning again and eventually killed me :(

Proxy

Think I'm about to die I need a blood transfusion but have no blood packs. I'm somewhere out in the middle of the map and am now moving south back to the coastline and Cherno in the hopes of finding some.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Holy shit I just finished watching that Criken stream. So amazing.

The last half in particular was insane! Can't imagine what it would be like actually playing that.

Wish I could :'(

This is neat but I got all I wanted from watching a few videos. The base game seems to be too wonky for me to care about.

I would love to see a full game using this idea though.

LEGGZZZZ

CHEEZMO™;37626364 said:
Holy shit I just finished watching that Criken stream. So amazing.

The last half in particular was insane! Can't imagine what it would be like actually playing that.

Wish I could :'(

You and me both bro, you and me both.

Goddamnit:

Walked for 45 minutes. Found shotgun and lots of food. Met dude who said he was friendly. He asked me if I wanted to trade food for guns. I said hell yes. He shot me in the face. Douche....

That sums up my first experience of this game lol.

Top Bottom