• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

J-Rock

Banned

Goes great with breakfast.

jay-leno.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How do I fix "BattlEye: CreateVehicle Restriction #1" on my Dayz.ST server? It's banning me from my own server. lol.

On a forum it says to comment out lines on a createvehicle log text file, but I can't find it.

It'd be nice if I could just wipe all logs?

Since we have it password protected, I disabled BattleEye for now.

Edit: Looks like disabling and enabling BattleEye cleared the log, but it'd be good to know how to edit the log.

DTKT

I'd be a bit a disappointed if you can't open fridges and ovens and almost anything with a door. It feels even more artificial when everything is just placed on the top of stuff and never organically inserted in the environment.

Still, awesome stuff from Rocket and the team. I can't wait to see the inventory screen and the new zombies..

The more intricate loot spawning is a nice touch, and the fact that previously glorified cardboard boxes are now enterable buildings. I sure hope he's planning on overhauling the atrocious ArmA UI and inventory management, though. Clunkiest UI I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. And I'd kinda like them to actually focus on making an entirely new map instead of just tweaking Cherno here and there. It's old hat already, and will be doubly so by the time the SA ships.

Holy balls though, never waste 8 minutes of my time on clothing ever again.

wow... just wow

I hardly recognize it. It's looking really really impressive!

Haven't played the mod in months but damn I'm hyped for standalone!!!

zam

Awesome video, looks (and sounds) like the Standalone is going to be leaps and bounds above the current mod.

And I concur Zen, all that motion blur and head bob is disorienting. I'm hoping the standalone will allow you to turn off motion blur while keeping other post process effects.

Amazing. Someone needs to thread this since its standalone not the mod.
I suspect someone will make a Dayz Standalone OT when it nears release.

ultrazilla

Super hordes. Air sirens go off warning a horde has been spotted.
In order for it to be defeated, players in the area of the horde need
to band together and possibly barricade a shelter to survive.

I'm thinking it could be triggered by large amounts of players in
a city like Elektro or Cherno.

Thoughts?

MasLegio

Banned
doeas anyone know if there will be a limited resources-setting for server?

meaning that ALL loot will spawn when server is started and will not respawn until server is reset.

would make for quite an experience in the ultimate fight for resources.
Who will be the last man standing?

maybe something for private servers

actually, this might be great for a thrilling e-sport event

we have people watching tennis, cricket, cross country skiing or running for up to 8 hours in a row so it would work

EVIL

doeas anyone know if there will be a limited resources-setting for server?

meaning that ALL loot will spawn when server is started and will not respawn until server is reset.

would make for quite an experience in the ultimate fight for resources.
Who will be the last man standing?

maybe something for private servers

actually, this might be great for a thrilling e-sport event

we have people watching tennis, cricket, cross country skiing or running for up to 8 hours in a row so it would work
Now since this is server based I can imagine you will get limited loot servers. I mean its pretty easy to have that option for server owners

And in terms of e-sport, they already held a hunger games esque event that was pretty cool to watch. I would like to see them expand with that. 25 two man teams squaring off against each other and the environment (zombies, lack of resources etc). and no respawn.

WedgeX

Banned
Its always good to hear Rocket's voice. Standalone is looking great.

Annnnd my Internet is sooo slow now. Like .5mbps slow. Someday I'll be back, DayZ-GAF.

KKRT00

I don't recall the Arma 2 engine having such horrible pop-ins as when he shows off the swamp.

Actually thats prime example of Arma 2 and whats changed heavily in Arma 3, thats why i dont get it why they havent changed engine, it looks exactly the same from tech standpoint and thats not a good sign ;\

Nice that loot spawns in not obvious places and even in cars, thats good priority for development.

Grief.exe

Actually thats prime example of Arma 2 and whats changed heavily in Arma 3, thats why i dont get it why they havent changed engine, it looks exactly the same from tech standpoint and thats not a good sign ;\

Nice that loot spawns in not obvious places and even in cars, thats good priority for development.

This part does kind of sadden me about the standalone.

My theory is they were worried about The War Z and felt they had to get a product out there as soon as possible.

Going back to the ARMA II engine allowed them to do this, switching to III would have taken extra development time away.

Now seeing as how much of a joke The War Z turned out to be, they could have easily taken the development time and went to the ARMA III engine.

Top Bottom