• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT2| Free to play is now live

Paganmoon

The raids at that level are pretty easy and the payout is pretty big, so try to join a pug if you see someone shouting for them in LFG. The only one that might give you some trouble while being undergeared is Prime Battleground.

Also complete the investigation set (might be the briefings.... don't remember) inside Gates & Prime, you get a pretty high level mask for that tier when you do. Note that to get the ones in Prime you'll need some help cause one of them requires pushing a button sequence in order so ask for help whenever you get around to doing it.

And don't forget to mod your gear to increase your CR.

Great thanks again!

Just doing the solo missions right now, and Arkham was easy, Steelworks, in the instance, I just keep dying, as soon as TO Morrow finishes with the first tech, I'm dead, just too many mobs. Any pointers on how to do it? Tried looking for a vid for tips, but only found full T4 geared running it, which sort of defeats the purpose of doing it for me.

I'll drop into a raid and see if I can get some better gear.

There is a lot of creeps in this game, at least on USPC server. I keep getting hit on by ppl from time to time but I just ignore them. The other day, there was this guy tried to hit on me and I ignore him, he followed me around and I just teleported to my base. Later on, he came back on a different toon, tried to hit on me again. Jesus Christ, I had had enough. I'm a straight dude, and I don't play this game to be on a relationship. And God forbids me to play as a female without all the hassles. UGH.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Great thanks again!

Just doing the solo missions right now, and Arkham was easy, Steelworks, in the instance, I just keep dying, as soon as TO Morrow finishes with the first tech, I'm dead, just too many mobs. Any pointers on how to do it? Tried looking for a vid for tips, but only found full T4 geared running it, which sort of defeats the purpose of doing it for me.

I'll drop into a raid and see if I can get some better gear.
I was halfway through my T4 gear when I came back into the game and started running those dailies so it wasn't too hard for me. Try using the healing barrels that are next to the tech (I think there's one near for each tech) & if you see the Morrow bots low on health bust the barrel near them so they can get some heals too. If you have some spare Marks pickup the Utility Belt & the supply drops so you can recover some health while your soda is on cooldown.

What server are you on? If you're on USPS, post your character name and I'll pop in later tonight to mail you a stack of T5 sodas so you can fully recover when you're low on health. If you're not on USPS, try to get someone to craft you a set of Zero's, Next's, Remix's, or see if you find any cheap sets on the broker.

Paganmoon

There is a lot of creeps in this game, at least on USPC server. I keep getting hit on by ppl from time to time but I just ignore them. The other day, there was this guy tried to hit on me and I ignore him, he followed me around and I just teleported to my base. Later on, he came back on a different toon, tried to hit on me again. Jesus Christ, I had had enough. I'm a straight dude, and I don't play this game to be on a relationship. And God forbids me to play as a female without all the hassles. UGH.

That sounds bad... haven't experience anything like that fortunately, playing female character, on eups server.

I was halfway through my T4 gear when I came back into the game and started running those dailies so it wasn't too hard for me. Try using the healing barrels that are next to the tech (I think there's one near for each tech) & if you see the Morrow bots low on health bust the barrel near them so they can get some heals too. If you have some spare Marks pickup the Utility Belt & the supply drops so you can recover some health while your soda is on cooldown.

What server are you on? If you're on USPS, post your character name and I'll pop in later tonight to mail you a stack of T5 sodas so you can fully recover when you're low on health. If you're not on USPS, try to get someone to craft you a set of Zero's, Next's, Remix's, or see if you find any cheap sets on the broker.

Thanks for the offer, I'm on eups though, I finally managed to sort of cheat my way through steelworks, I hid until steel arrived, let Morrow repair his robots, and just occasionally come out pull a robot into my hiding spot, kill it. rinse repeat, and then kill Steel. But I get the feeling that's not really how you're supposed to do it hehe.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

So my gf and I got into the game this weekend since it's the only thing on my PS4 we both really like. We were taking turns playing and while she was playing some guy just started following her. Not saying anything, just followed her. Standing real close, for like a good 20 minutes. We both found it hysterical but people are creeeepy.

Finaika

Yep I made my character look like Supergirl and people sometimes hit on her O_O

Rarely happened on any other MMOs I've played.

You know, ever since I went full armored for my toon, the rate I'm being hit on drop down to zero. Instead, I've gotten more and more duel invites lol

When is the summer event, anyway? Anyone knows?

sagat2036

Came back to the game a month ago! It has changed a lot since i last quit, was around nexus was cleared regularly and no one could finish dox.

Just finished t6 gear on my healer and workin dps side.

Really liked the changes for sorc cept for the shard stun nerf. Pets are OP. WM is pretty awesome.

Ive run into a lot more shit/assholes in t6 duos than anywhere... has to be summer break i guess.

Spent like 50 SC on stuff this past couple of weeks.
iam lifetime i havent spent a dime since release

Kinda cool how you can run TD with 2D 1T 1H or 1tank 2D 1T, or 1111 and do well.

Okay, I've read from many different places that the Sector Agent chest piece for tank will drop after fighting Parallax in the Star Labs Research Facility alert. I've done the alert twice as tank and still haven't got it. Is it only drop for 1 person of the group regardless of role? Or am I missing something?

Killthee

Okay, I've read from many different places that the Sector Agent chest piece for tank will drop after fighting Parallax in the Star Labs Research Facility alert. I've done the alert twice as tank and still haven't got it. Is it only drop for 1 person of the group regardless of role? Or am I missing something?
Boss loot is random no matter what role you're in. Each boss has their own loot table and from that table you get 1 random item (Here's the table for Parallax). Furthermore, each role has a piece in that set that is just extremely uncommon. I think it took me weeks if not months of running those alerts before I was able to complete both sets.

If you only care for the style/feat it might just be easier to save a healer/troll piece in your bank in case you ever switch powers before you ever get the tank piece.

Boss loot is random no matter what role you're in. Each boss has their own loot table and from that table you get 1 random item (Here's the table for Parallax). Furthermore, each role has a piece in that set that is just extremely uncommon. I think it took me weeks if not months of running those alerts before I was able to complete both sets.

If you only care for the style/feat it might just be easier to save a healer/troll piece in your bank in case you ever switch powers before you ever get the tank piece.

Ah, I see. Guess it will have to take a while. Thanks.

I finally got the Sector Agent chest, just moments before GU38. Awesome! The update also remove tank and healer's damage penalty, which is great.

Also, can anyone identify what shoulders style is this (pic below)?
dcuo_optimus_prime_by_ominous_din-d7mn7cl.jpg
Thanks in advance!

Killthee

I finally got the Sector Agent chest, just moments before GU38. Awesome! The update also remove tank and healer's damage penalty, which is great.

Also, can anyone identify what shoulders style is this (pic below)?
Thanks in advance!
Mercenary's Malice, T1 Villain PvP I think.

qKQMHsL.jpg

Seems like the person handling the style page over at wikia is doing an awesome job cause afaict they have all the sets! Take a look at it if you want to browse the other styles (the color scheme they use is hideous though).

Killthee

2 raids + 1 arena style raid sounds sooooo good.

For anyone playing right now, how long is the grind from full T5(.9) to T6? I'm stuck in a FFXIV crafting loop trying to level my crafting classes so I'm trying to figure out when I should jump back to DCUO so I can gear up before the new raids are out.

2 raids + 1 arena style raid sounds sooooo good.

For anyone playing right now, how long is the grind from full T5(.9) to T6? I'm stuck in a FFXIV crafting loop trying to level my crafting classes so I'm trying to figure out when I should jump back to DCUO so I can gear up before the new raids are out.

To get full T6 you mean? It's not necessarily long but it is a grind as the options to earn the T6 Mark (Mark of Fury) are limited to what's in the current DLC:

-1 4 Man OP that gives five marks but can go as high as 8 (new in this DLC is the occasional chance that a boss will drop an extra mark rather than loot)
-2 duos that give two marks or up to four.
-2 iconic solos that give one mark or up to three
-3 daily open world missions that give one mark each

If you do all of that daily that gives you a decent number of Marks of Fury. The alert can be a bit of a slog but if you have leaguemates, they've probably figured out how to get through quickly-- 20 minutes is a very fast run and I'd say an average pug run is about 45. My usual group averages between 20 and 27-ish depending on the boss combos, how chatty we are, etc.

There are also drops. The alert gear is a tad better than the Vestments set (although one stat is typically lower).

And yes, the next DLC sounds fantastic as do the very robust looking league halls.

The summer event daily is nearly impossible to solo if you don't have any kind of shield preventing damage. I killed one mutineer, another pops up. How am I suppose to do my objective, when there is at least half a dozen of mutineers surrounding me ALL THE TIME! At least let the player breath, damn it! My xbox controller shakes nonstop while doing the daily. I'm t5 and I have to pop soder at least 3 times to get thru the damn thing. Fuck!

/rant

Paganmoon

The summer event daily is nearly impossible to solo if you don't have any kind of shield preventing damage. I killed one mutineer, another pops up. How am I suppose to do my objective, when there is at least half a dozen of mutineers surrounding me ALL THE TIME! At least let the player breath, damn it! My xbox controller shakes nonstop while doing the daily. I'm t5 and I have to pop soder at least 3 times to get thru the damn thing. Fuck!

/rant

Yeah, I'm also T5, and keep getting interrupted if I don't pop shield. Things like this is why I have 3 armories, 1 troll, 1 dps, and one solodps (with 3 shields)

Hansel?

Neo Member
Hey all,

Maybe a dumb question as it's an MMO, but when this game first came out it was the first MMO I had (and still have) ever played. I only played solo, loved it, hit the level cap in a few weeks, but had to stop because I was just getting destroyed on all the "end game" stuff. Even when joining random folks online for help.

I'm thinking of getting back into it after all this time but was hoping to mainly solo again, and am curious if there is a recommended "solo" build for someone who would like to be able to stand a chance in the later stuff.

Hey all,

Maybe a dumb question as it's an MMO, but when this game first came out it was the first MMO I had (and still have) ever played. I only played solo, loved it, hit the level cap in a few weeks, but had to stop because I was just getting destroyed on all the "end game" stuff. Even when joining random folks online for help.

I'm thinking of getting back into it after all this time but was hoping to mainly solo again, and am curious if there is a recommended "solo" build for someone who would like to be able to stand a chance in the later stuff.

You really need to play with other people in end game content. Otherwise you can't really progress.

That said, you can maybe get yourself a shield (what power/ role do you play), and get some of the utility belt slot items from Home Turf-- Sidekick, Supply Drop, maybe Orbital Strike although that's less helpful-- to help support you.

Hansel?

Neo Member
You really need to play with other people in end game content. Otherwise you can't really progress.

That said, you can maybe get yourself a shield (what power/ role do you play), and get some of the utility belt slot items from Home Turf-- Sidekick, Supply Drop, maybe Orbital Strike although that's less helpful-- to help support you.

If I remember correctly, my last character was Control with pretty much all Mental ablities. But I really had no idea what I was actually doing with skill sets and such as I was still clueless to the genre. I feel like I'd be a bit better about that kinda thing this time around, but was just wanting to know what to look for initially.

I'll keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks a bunch.

dubq

RE: Leagues. I could've sworn before that you had to be in a group in order to create a league.. I tried creating one (PS4) last night, on my own, and it worked. Maybe in prep for League Halls so that everyone can experience them? No idea.. cool either way, though.

If any PS3/4 villains want in, hit me up! Sebastian Bludd (Crawling Chaos). I was a part of a league previously, that started out very casual.. but they suddenly got real serious about skill points and grinding for feats.. I just don't have time for that, so I left. Every day "what are your skill points today, what are your skillpoints today?" Well, I had to work, so they're the same as they were the last time you asked, lol! I just want casual/fun play with no pressure. Yeesh, that sounds like a personal ad... ;)

---

Also, I was thinking about this.. it would be cool if they offered a marketplace item that allowed you to change the alignment of your characters. Heroes and villains changing sides happens all the times in comics, plus it would solve the issue of not being able to get all of the feats. ;)

Korezo

I use to play this game a lot when it was pay 2 play around the time Psn went down. Last raid in that version was brother eye with batman. How would it be to jump back in? Will I be able to progress easy? And do I have to buy the other dlcs? I remember people saying green lantern powers are like a requirement now.

I use to play this game a lot when it was pay 2 play around the time Psn went down. Last raid in that version was brother eye with batman. How would it be to jump back in? Will I be able to progress easy? And do I have to buy the other dlcs? I remember people saying green lantern powers are like a requirement now.

There has been a ton of content since you stopped. The 11th DLC is due out soon and many (most) of the subsequent raids are in the DLCs. There are raids in the Fortress of Solitutue, Paradise Island, with alternate reality Batmans and Lex Luthors, on Oa and Ranx with the Green Lanterns... There have also been six new DLC powers added + a new weapon (shield), utility trinket belts, lairs and very soon, league halls.

Progression can happen fairly quickly but you'll need access to the DLCs. If you want to get back into the game, maybe best just to sub for a month and see what you think. You get access to all of the DLCs and all of their content if you sub.

Oh, and Hard Light powers are hardly a requirement. There have been quite a few power revamps and a new system called Weapon Mastery that balances out the power sets fairly evenly.

The Light

I just bought the ultimate edition on ps3 and i can't seem to play it. I start the game up and it never gets passed the second load screen. Anyone ever run into this problem?

Dammit, I'm away from home since Saturday, and I left the laptop's charger at home. Now I can't play any DCUO til the end of this week. That means I missed GU39 and its league hall goodness, which could possibly mean no league statue of me as well*. To make thing worst, I hit t6 just the day b4 I left home, and that makes my urge to play DCUO is unbearable. Only have myself to blame ;(

*until I can play again, of course.

Ahhhh, my league is doing pretty well with Prestige. We're at 93k and we're on target to get our league hall Thursday or Friday and plan on filling out all of the proficiencies.

It's a primarily LGBT league but we do have some straight ally members too. If anyone on USPS Hero side is looking for a league and you're gay or like gay people (one of our members is a straight dad who has a gay son so wanted to join us, dawwww), feel free to hit me up. We're a medium sized league and our best members have 180+ Skill Points and are full T6 PvE and PvP. But we have members all across the board from low to higher and from casual to somewhat hardcore.

Anastasia

Downloaded this last night and it seems pretty fun so far. I should have used a guide though when I was making my character, because I kind of guessed with certain things (character creator is a bit vague).

I added myself to the PS3 NA list (I'm on PS4) if anyone wants to play sometime. ^^

So my gf and I got into the game this weekend since it's the only thing on my PS4 we both really like. We were taking turns playing and while she was playing some guy just started following her. Not saying anything, just followed her. Standing real close, for like a good 20 minutes. We both found it hysterical but people are creeeepy.

Yep this happened to me. As soon as I finished the tutorial section and could actually interact with real players, I had dudes forming circles around me, along with someone who just kept following me around everywhere. Lots of random invites too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
see the DLC is finally 75% off on steam, goes to check my account, I see that EU players now have to transfer BACK to SOE from that weird other system they had us transfer TO before...

...and I cant do it. it keeps telling me my username / pass is wrong even tho Ive now changed it 3 times to make sure.

Guess im not returning to DCU >_>

Yeah, I just noticed they switched BACK to. What a mess on.

Looks like DC Online is still registered under original SOE Details, but was put into a 'Banned' status when they transferred over all those months ago. Hopefully they can just 'unban' it now it's back with SOE. I had 2 or 3 DLCs already registered too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I just noticed they switched BACK to. What a mess on.

Looks like DC Online is still registered under original SOE Details, but was put into a 'Banned' status when they transferred over all those months ago. Hopefully they can just 'unban' it now it's back with SOE. I had 2 or 3 DLCs already registered too.

yeah I have all the DLC up to the lightning one in my account, this is such a mess (for EU at least)

I'm hoping they just unban the account and everything is as it was. I agree this is a total mess the SOE Forums are rightly angry about the double migrate put on them (us). People have lost accounts, Station Money, etc and SOE don't seem to care.

This guy seems to the guy to contact:

Mordanticus - please put in a ticket with SOE CS and email me (bwilcox@soe.sony.com) the ticket number and I will be sure that it get's addressed. Your previous SOE Acct should not be GEO-IP banned anymore so we need to look into that. As far as the "already migrated" status we can look into where it was migrated to. Just please include your PSG username in the ticket.

-Brad "Mutato" Wilcox

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Yep this happened to me. As soon as I finished the tutorial section and could actually interact with real players, I had dudes forming circles around me, along with someone who just kept following me around everywhere. Lots of random invites too.

To be fair, a lot of players just randomly invite people that are near them, especially during missions.

But ya, a lot more "ooooh woman, drool" in this game compared to just about every other MMO I've played. Maybe neopets had more. Maybe.

It was a fun game from what I remember, but I haven't really been able to play it for a long while due to the back-and-forth account migrations they've done within the EU (and playing other games before that).

Is there no PC PVP server anymore? Can't find any options while creating a character.

The pvp option was removed cuz a lot of players chose pvp server but they had no idea what pvp stands for. Eventually they had a hard time lvl up to lvl 30 due to ppl with better gears keep ganking them.

You can still change to PvP server once you're on the Watchtower.

Can someone learn me on the Fun Bucks in use on the PlayStation? Someone told me that everything is just Station Cash now, but AFAICT, that's not the case.

In-game, all I see is the ability to buy Marketplace Cash, which is apparently the equivalent to Station Cash on the PC. It says if I subscribe, I get 500 Loyalty Points per month, which is apparently what PS users had before MC was introduced.

For reasons I cannot fathom, LP and MC, while basically equivalent, are completely incompatible with one another. To make matters worse, while my allowance comes in the form of LP, I can only buy MC. So when I get my 500 LP allowance, if I wanna buy something that costs 1000 points, my only options are to wait a month until I get my allowance again, or drop $10 cash to buy 1000 MC. I can't just buy 500 MC, because it can't be combined with LP and spent in the stupid vending machines; the only place you can use LP at all.

So is this still the case? I wanted to sub, but I was waiting for them to abolish LP once and for all, since it sounds like I'm paying full price for the privilege of being dicked around for no good reason. Sounds like they haven't?

Oh, and All Access only applies to the PC games, apparently? So $15/mo gets PC users DCUO, PS2, and EQ, but I'm gonna be stuck subbing separately for each game? Why do SOE hate me so much? :'(

Top Bottom