• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DCU: only part of Peacemaker season 1 will be canon, season 2 to take place after Gunn's Superman

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Do what you want with this information

peacemakerheader.jpg

Yesterday, Gunn revealed that Peacemaker season 2 will now be released before Waller and, taking place in the DCU and picking up after the events of SUPERMAN.
Despite that, season 1 is no longer canon. In fairness. that makes sense when Christopher Smith crossed paths with the DCEU's Justice League, but many fans were disappointed to think the character's journey from villain to anti-hero never happened.

GIUVfVbXYAAvrro
GIUW2mGX0AAooaA
GIaAhrcXgAA3kG5

Well, the filmmaker is attempting to clarify things today by explaining that parts of Peacemaker's first season are canon...and others are not.
We get that Gunn didn't want to say goodbye to Cena's Peacemaker - the actor is phenomenal in the role - but that might have been the less convoluted option!

To summarise, Peacemaker season 2 is happening, but only parts of Peacemaker season 1 are considered canon in the DCU. Cena, meanwhile, will reprise the role, even though the vast majority of the DCEU's actors won't return because this is supposed to be a reboot.

a6f68b160fe6fb743cc50f9f2bc9fc14.gif

Should’ve been a full reboot imo.

Esca

Whenever I see something about the dcu I see money swirling down the toilet.
Movies games doesn't matter anymore. They've destroyed it and super hero movies aren't bringing people in like they use to.

Bridges

Just reboot the whole thing. Borrow what you like, and discard the rest
He doesn't want to get rid of The Suicide Squad and its characters because it's what he made.

And in his defense, it's pretty much the only DC movie worth watching in the old universe

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ok... Lemme ask: everyone saying they have superhero fatigue or whatever, do you have it for movies that are actually good or just the last few years of mediocre movies?

I doubt anyone can "honestly" say they haven't liked ANY since Iron Man. Because some folks have said something like that in this forum.

Ok... Lemme ask: everyone saying they have superhero fatigue or whatever, do you have it for movies that are actually good or just the last few years of mediocre movies?

I doubt anyone can "honestly" say they haven't liked ANY since Iron Man. Because some folks have said something like that in this forum.
I liked the Snyderverse and Captain America and now they're gone. Reading all this canon bullshit above makes my head hurt. I just wanted more Cavill and Batfleck, not this clusterfuck.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I liked season 1, but are they really expecting me to watch a season 2 where half the things in season 1 didn't happen?

Man, who cares. Felt like it kinda had it own story. Like you didn’t even need to know what happen in the other dcu movies. Just keep doing the peacemaker story and just add whatever story u want in dcu in the background. It be find. Don’t fuck up peacemaker.

Doom85

Gunn is being a prick by insisting his own shit gets to carry over while nobody else's does.

Blue Beetle is being carried over (the actor playing the character, last we’ve heard the movie itself won’t be canon), so this is blatantly false. Which makes sense since if they’re doing a Booster Gold film, Ted Kord will likely be involved, which also means they could give Jaime a role as well. Not to mention Voila Davis playing Waller, again, not something that originated in one of Gunn’s productions.

Regardless, Geezus fucking Christ, “prick”, really? You know who could be called that (and even then I wouldn’t go that far)? Dwayne Johnson, for taking the role of Black Adam, and then refusing to play ball and be in Shazam 2 by saying “Shazam is too silly for me” never mind that Black Adam is Shazam’s primary antagonist!

Seriously, the man has delivered excellent adaptation after excellent adaptation. I’m glad the new movie verse can play by his rules (but really, they have already said they’re letting the directors/writers’ visions be preserved for the announced projects). You want actual “pricks” in terms of someone overseeing stories of superheroes? Maybe actually look into the shenanigans of Joe Quesada or Dan Didio, now THAT is some “prick” behavior.

Jinzo Prime

I do not want to explain the canonicity of a fucking superhero movie to my parents! The multiverse shit on the Marvel side was bad enough! I'm done!!

Its Over Basketball GIF by NBA

Top Bottom