• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

The other night I fell asleep in an awkward position, and when I woke up, my left arm did not work. It wasn't asleep with that tingly feeling... it was just hanging there. After a couple of minutes it came back to life and now it's fine, but I assume that sleeping on top of my arm cut off the oxygen flow to it or something.

Would it be possible to sleep like that and cause permanent damage? It was pretty weird to have a lifeless left arm for a few minutes...

ive done that quite a few times

one time I had to actually take my left arm and roll over my right arm because it had gone dead from being laid on all night, came back in like a min though

Hawksley

Sounds kind of like those situations where some people wake up but can't move at all for a while. Just a transition thing from deep sleep to good morning, America. Was your arm, like, discoloured at all?

bjork

Nope, it looked normal, except for being totally useless. It was just very weird because I don't normally sleep that well anyway, but I slept really hard and then noticed this right when I woke up.

I guess I can't bitch too much though... if other parts of my body were limp and I actually fit into the demographic targeted by most of the spam I get, I'd be depressed. :p

bjork

Now I'm more interested in this:

50_kitty_3d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom