• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead by Daylight new Chapter - Silent Hill - Heather Mason and Pyramid Head

drotahorror

*To clarify people not familiar with the game - Heather Mason and Pyramid Head are now playable in Dead by Daylight as a Survivor and Killer. Each one of DBD's pieces of DLC are called "Chapters".

Incase anyone wants to know, DBD has now successfully crossed over with:
  • Halloween
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • A Nightmare on Elmstreet
  • Saw
  • Scream
  • Stranger Things
  • Ash vs Evil Dead
  • Silent Hill

8TLB5Ff.jpg

Add Heather and Pyramid Head.

Last edited:
Ugh. I wish this series would come back. I hear it may have one on ps5, but it will be a long time before I can get one of those. Throw them up on the Ps4 store sony!

KOMANI

KOMANI
Behaviour worked closely with Konami to recreate Silent Hill faithfully in Dead by Daylight and series composer Akira Yamaoka has even done a new version of Dead by Daylight’s theme for the expansion in collaboration with series composer Michel April.

Last edited:

Doom85

Nice, I play a ton of DBD, and SH 2 and 3 are among my top 10 favorite video games of all time (3 just slightly edging out 2, and Heather's my favorite lead of the series so glad it's her).

Also this means Konami is still willing to lend the license out to other developers. Just saying.....

Arachnid

This DLC is going to be bonkers!
Oh hell ya, you're unbanned just in time for some SH hype my fkn DUDE

This also shows that Konami is actually willing to licence out SH (to Sony for example), which is even more hype.

I'm out of the loop with this game. Is an asymmetric mp? Is it good?
It's the best asymm multiplayer game on the market. It had a trash launch, but the devs supported the shit out of it with expansions, dedicated servers, and fixes. It's fantastic and fun.

But yes, the community can be toxic as hell.

Last edited:
Oh hell ya, you're unbanned just in time for some SH hype my fkn DUDE

This also shows that Konami is actually willing to licence out SH (to Sony for example), which is even more hype.

It's the best assym multiplayer game on the market. It had a trash launch, but the devs supported the shit out of it with expansions, dedicated servers, and fixes. It's fantastic and fun.

But yes, the community can be toxic as hell.
I have this game on PS Plus so I cannot wait to try out this DLC, can't believe they actually got the school as well!

Silent Hill reboot on the PS5 is almost but confirmed, no need to even worry about getting disappointed. The only think I worry about is whether Kojima gets to do P.T. or not :(

This is my most played game ever. Thousands of hours. But I’ve played maybe 30 minutes since RE Resistance came out. Maybe I’ll jump back in for this DLC.

Anyone interested, don’t bother unless you play on PC. The consoles all run like trash.

.Pennywise

Banned
Well, that just makes the rumor more plausible.

When was the last time something SH related came out in videogames?

Arachnid

That killer chase theme is fantastic. One of the best I've heard in the game. I like the new take on the original theme too. I always love Akira's metal/industrial sounds.

MiguelItUp

Man, I REALLY wish I cared about DBD. I love asymmetrical multiplayer games and I love horror. But with DBD it never interested me as a lot of their matches play out like games of intense ring around the rosey. I actually really loved Friday the 13th's gameplay over this, as well as Last Year. I wish its core gameplay was just different. :(

I want to give it another whirl just because of this content but I know how it will play out.

kunonabi

Man, I REALLY wish I cared about DBD. I love asymmetrical multiplayer games and I love horror. But with DBD it never interested me as a lot of their matches play out like games of intense ring around the rosey. I actually really loved Friday the 13th's gameplay over this, as well as Last Year. I wish its core gameplay was just different. :(

I want to give it another whirl just because of this content but I know how it will play out.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The core gameplay is just so ill-fitting, uninteresting and plain lazily conceived.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The core gameplay is just so ill-fitting, uninteresting and plain lazily conceived.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way, haha. For awhile it definitely felt like it. I was like, "Man, what is everyone seeing that I'm not?!" :(

I just didn't like that the gameplay felt so incredibly grounded and linear, at least for the survivors. The killers were much more fun to play, which really doesn't help their queues either. I mean, people usually wanna be the killers so that's no surprise, but their gameplay feels significantly better IMO. But I never liked the idea of these weird hook stations that you have to hang bodies on and then they're just taken away unless they're freed. To me, especially with certain characters, it takes me out of the experience, lol.

pretty shitty perks

cant imagine why a survivor would want to block off a generator. Sometimes you can screw yourself by leaving three in one section of the map making it easy for the killer to defend, but dumb teammates will just wait that block out and keep using that gen. And the killer perk that makes them undetectable after kicking a gen sounds great but not since the aura of the gen gets revealed to all survivors. So now you know as a survivor that the killer is undetectable and coming from that way.

mcz117chief

I have been playing Pyramid Head the whole weekend, almost have him prestiged (lvl 57). Amazing character, so much fun to play. Really the whole game has been improved dramatically, it is incredible.

Top Bottom