• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 F2P hits 10M downloads, free Marie Rose Opoona costume, PSO2 collab

Eolz

Wait a sec, the Xbox One seriously had problems running DOA5LR, a just sightly enhanced version of last generation's DOA5?
I also wasn't aware that the Xbox One version runs in a lower resolution than on PS4. I thought both are 1080p.

DOA5LR was 1080p/60fps on both consoles. It launched buggy on Xbox One. Haven't played that version in a while so they could of fixed that by now.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-dead-or-alive-5-last-round

Ah that's it, my bad. It was patched from what I remember though.

I don't think that a DOA6 is necessary. This is the strongest roster the series has, and the best gameplay to match.

It's been five years. As much as I'll miss the Virtual Fighter characters I have say ITS TIME.

I've played 5, 5+, Ultimate and Last Round. I'm ready for Dead or Alive 6 New Round.

ShinMaruku

Team Ninja (not Koei Tecmo) just hired a community manager. This person is basically the most well-known competitive DOA player and has been for a good decade or more. Hiring him basically confirms a new DOA will be announced in the near future, otherwise he either has very little to do, or won't be working on a game he knows best.

I expect an announcement as early as PSX and as late as E3.

There isn't enough media presence to announce DOA6 at the Battle Royal finals. I would be surprised to see it happen there, especially considering how close the finals are to PSX. Would be a misstep to announce at the finals instead of PSX. Plus, Team Ninja seems pretty close to Sony these days. I could easily see DOA6 being PS4 exclusive.

DOA5 was announced at TGS. It wouldn't have been out of the question to see DOA6 announced at TGS as well.
It was out of the question for me when I saw who was going to be at TGS alongside all the other things Tecmo is doing. Things have changed since that TGS. Like you said, it could be at PSX or at NEC, much more places to announce the game than just TGS. Timing just felt off to me.

Dante83

Banned
They have been milking DOA5 for years. I believe the game launched somewhere in 2012/2013 for last gen consoles. I would love to see a new game with a new graphics engine, characters and backgrounds. The dlc content is overdone. We need something NEW!

DrDogg

I don't think that a DOA6 is necessary. This is the strongest roster the series has, and the best gameplay to match. Plus, Koei Tecmo seems content on banking off of keeping this game fresh with DLC. Furthermore, there's no way DOA6 is gonna have all the guest characters they tossed in over the years (Virtua Fighter characters, Naotora, Mai Shiranui), and that is a DOA game that just won't be as fun.

The E3 2012 build of DOA5 was better than anything after imo. I dropped the game after the very first patch and it's gotten worse and worse with each new patch.

Granted, this is coming from someone who cannot stand the extreme amounts of guessing and lack of guaranteed damage in DOA as a series. The pre-release build actually minimized the guessing and allowed for a ton of guaranteed damage. The dev team has basically scaled it back to normal DOA with each new patch. DOA players love it (for the most part), but I just do not enjoy playing this game at all in its current state. No offense to the tons of people who do enjoy it.

MrMephistoX

this game is heavily underrated, it is one of the best fighting games i have ever played

the gameplay is so damn good, it does not require high skills to do combos and enjoy like MK and Tekken, it's noob-friendly and that is what i want from a fighting game

i really hope they release DoA6 as soon as possible, already bored from Tekken 7

Agrreed but haven’t play d in a while...is the online community still big on PS4?

Jetboxx

They have been milking DOA5 for years. I believe the game launched somewhere in 2012/2013 for last gen consoles. I would love to see a new game with a new graphics engine, characters and backgrounds. The dlc content is overdone. We need something NEW!
Well, I need Team Ninja Dog to stop raping Dead or Alive but they probably won't.

Timu

Wait a sec, the Xbox One seriously had problems running DOA5LR, a just sightly enhanced version of last generation's DOA5?
I also wasn't aware that the Xbox One version runs in a lower resolution than on PS4. I thought both are 1080p.
I have it on X1 and PS4, Digital Foundry said it's 1080p on X1 and it ran fine 99% of the time.

Jetboxx

You do know that TI hated fighting games right?
He didn't hate fighting games. The point is that he hated so-called fighting community who think they're the smartest and know how everything should work; actually, they don't know shit. His games are cool (cooler than DoA5, aye) and that's the only thing I should care about. You "competitive players" are not the hub of the universe.

DrDogg

I have it on X1 and PS4, Digital Foundry said it's 1080p on X1 and it ran fine 99% of the time.

Uh... did you read the article?

For the most part, the Xbox One game hands in identical performance metrics - but only if you are lucky enough not to experience any game-breaking bugs or performance hitches. Assuming you encounter a bug-free run, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round runs at a solid 60fps during gameplay, with only the occasional single torn frame to set it apart from its PS4 counterpart. That's with the game running at its best. Unfortunately, due to some significant bugs, it's pot luck as to what kind of experience you actually get on the Microsoft console.

In its current state, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is prone to crashing, in addition to suffering from brief hitches in gameplay that pause the action during a fight. When we first tried out the game we encountered frequent crashes on a regular basis in addition to significant pauses between 150-400ms during gameplay. Curiously, when testing the game on two other Xbox One consoles we initially found no problems whatsoever. However, replaying the game later on saw the same hitches manifest, suggesting some kind of intermittent bug.

Tecmo acknowledges that problems exist, promising to deliver a fix, but right now the crashing and frame-rate issues spoil the game - the experience is badly compromised and Last Round on Xbox One should not have shipped in this state. The totally arbitrary and random nature of the issues makes the situation even more frustrating, as while things might initially appear fine, they may not stay that way for long.

Timu

Uh... did you read the article?
I read that article before, though sorry about wording that incorrectly.

Apparently I must had been lucky, because DOA5LR never crashed on me on X1 or had game breaking bugs and such. And while it doesn't perform as well as the PS4 version, it performed pretty well in my experience(and I played a ton of hours in that game at launch too). Also while that hitch happens, it isn't even that common.

Top Bottom