• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Azuardo

This is a really good set. If I played more characters I'd be really tempted to buy it, but think I'll stick with Kas'.

I'm continually baffled why Mai doesn't get costumes tho. It seems to be the same for the VF characters too, even tho they do still get some DLC now and then, like Halloween. But I can't work out why they aren't getting any DLC in so many packs, especially Mai. Surely it's beneficial for both parties (TN and SEGA, or TN and SNK) to make DLC for these characters, and at least the people that bought or main Mai wouldn't feel as conned for buying her when she is missing out on some great packs.

Hubb

Maybe they have to get whatever costume greenlit by whatever company. No idea how these contracts work, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were stipulations that limited what TN could do.

Azuardo

Yeh, there has to be some odd restrictions or hoops to jump through. Given the costumes Mai launched with tho, seems strange she isn't getting anything since then that are even tamer, especially one of these Chinese dresses, which she would have suited well -- as well as Pai!

Costumes trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjqueojUNk4

The costumes are now live on UK PSN.

Hubb

Might not be that they think the costumes are too revealing. Just that every time they put out a new costume they'd need to go get xyz's sign off on it. They may also have to give a part of the DLC sales to the company and if that is the case I could kind of see why they wouldn't want the headache.

All and all, I really don't like guest characters. Unless they are set to become a staple of the series, I've got very little interest.

Azuardo

Perhaps that's true. Might be easier to simply get the character and initial launch DLC signed off, and keep it at that. Having to go through new regs and contracts for each piece of DLC after that I can imagine would be too much of a hassle for little gain. They are making their money off the main characters anyway, so splitting that into further chunks for the third parties is bound to not be worth it for them.

Bought Kas' costume. Looks really good in-game.

Korigama

Cute! Recolors as usual, but I like it.
Better pic of the Arcsys collab, coming in march:

I guess we can say that Bullet will be Mila at least :p
Christie should be I-No, but I can see Ayane getting it too...

edit: honestly, this collab is thread worthy when it will get trailer + screenshots :p
I'd guess:

Marie Rose --> Platinum
Honoka --> Elphelt
Nyotengu --> Dizzy
Lei-Fang --> Jam

Not many guesses for the others (probably Ramlethal for Lisa, I-No for Christie, maybe Noel for Kasumi and Mu-12 for Phase 4, and either Makoto or Bullet for Mila, possibly the former for her and the latter for Tina). Would like to see Jack-O' for Hitomi, though, and Tsubaki might be plausible for Momiji.

EDIT: Ah screw it, might as well throw in guesses for the others since I already covered most of them - Nine for Ayane, Millia for Helena, Celica for Kokoro (potentially swapping with Momiji for Tsubaki), Minerva for Naotora, and Baiken for Rachel.

DR2K

Banned
I have no access to showstoppers encore DLC. Says I have the catalog installed and all the content too, but it's just missing completely. Anyone experience this on PSN?

Hubb

Sorry I don't have the showstoppers DLC to check or else I would. Normally I'd say restart your PS4 and then recheck the DLC if you just installed them. But if you already had these things installed I don't know why they are now missing.

Eolz

I have no access to showstoppers encore DLC. Says I have the catalog installed and all the content too, but it's just missing completely. Anyone experience this on PSN?

PS4? Might be worth deleting the catalog and reloading it again just in case.
Not entirely sure what might be the issue if it says you own the content outside of that sadly... :/
Don't think I own it, so can't check.

Azuardo

They are there for me, UK digital copy.

Have you tried restoring licenses on PS4? This game does have a tendency to mess up with DLC and characters locking out, possibly due to crossover with the f2p version. Restarting the console and restoring licenses might be a way to fix.

I picked this up for the $11 on PS4, also have it on PC. I just goof around with it SP and might pick up a costume here and there for characters (after checking what isn't already there on PC such as the Momiji mummy wrap). Sort of a little indirect support for all the nice costume updates in DOAX3.

Azuardo

Yesterday I just booted it up for the first time in a long while. I've gotta shake off that rust, I barely remember anything.

Yeah, I always immediately revert to my tried and tested combos. I could do with some casual matches to piss about in.

Eolz

New figure coming for Marie Rose from Max Factory
C5Ba26bVcAIGaSf.jpg

Eolz

I'm not too surprised that Marie would get figures since she's winning the latest popularity contests (she's getting a DOAX3 figure and Honoka too btw), nor I would expect any DOA male outside of Ryu ever getting a figure, but I'm more surprised that they're not capitalizing on the other girls.
There hasn't been a new good Kasumi figure in ages, and Ayane arguably never got a good one. Really surprised for Nyotengu as well too yeah, since she has an interesting design, and a look that figure makers usually like...

Korigama

Seems that online play is free on US PS4 until the 23rd. No idea if anyone will have time for it, but I wouldn't mind joining or otherwise setting up a lobby during that timeframe. Don't expect much from me in regards to play level, though.

Hubb

Seems that online play is free on US PS4 until the 23rd. No idea if anyone will have time for it, but I wouldn't mind joining or otherwise setting up a lobby during that timeframe. Don't expect much from me in regards to play level, though.

If you are still up for playing I could go for a few rounds tomorrow. Don't expect much for me either since I've booted up the game once in maybe 5 months and I don't remember anything. I need to start writing down my old combos.

Azuardo

If you are still up for playing I could go for a few rounds tomorrow. Don't expect much for me either since I've booted up the game once in maybe 5 months and I don't remember anything. I need to start writing down my old combos.

If you guys sort something, post in here. I may be able to hop on depending on the time. Don't worry, I'm still the same old Kasumi trash :)

Hubb

If you guys sort something, post in here. I may be able to hop on depending on the time. Don't worry, I'm still the same old Kasumi trash :)

If you are free most nights let me know what time is good for you (and your timezone), I am good most nights just busy tonight. Otherwise this weekend I should be free.

Azuardo

UK time (GMT). I tend to operate late at night for gaming, so around 10pm-1am, depending on the night. When I'm not working early next day, I can last a bit longer.

Korigama

Tomorrow's fine for me. EST over here.

Hubb

UK time (GMT). I tend to operate late at night for gaming, so around 10pm-1am, depending on the night. When I'm not working early next day, I can last a bit longer.

That's falls in line pretty well with me. I get off work at 10pm your time, so I could probably get on around 10:30-11 depending on traffic/what I am cooking for dinner.

Tomorrow's fine for me. EST over here.

Alright, I'm down to play pretty much anytime after 6.

Korigama

I was right on one guess and wrong on another so far.

Hm, after 6 PM again. Wasn't sure if it would be the same time as before, but I figured I might as well say that I'm here.

Eolz

Not sure I have you on PSN, but could join whenever the others are here :)
(send me a message if you see me online)

Eolz

Well hopefully this should restart some interest in some fights from time to time!
Going to go to bed in 15 or so, but I'm sure the lobby should continue without me :p

Top Bottom