• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Azuardo

Yeah, thanks guys. Good games. Needed to call it a night not long after Cocod too. Might practice a little and upload some stuff first :)

I can likely play again tomorrow too if others can.

ShinMaruku

Indeed. I will post a roll call and we shall do this again. Once it picks up I will set up a gaf lobby schedule that people can see and decide if they can join or not.

Azuardo

Yeah, gonna post a mesage to our DOA group on PSN (even tho a load of ppl left since we made it) to see if anyone is interested. Sounds like next weekend might be the more popular one given some guys in here said they will play then.

Most of my replays aren't worth uploading. The lag caused them to turn out weird.

I did beat Yoyo with dragon Jann Lee in that one you stayed for the first round of, Cocod :)

Eolz

Sounds like a good plan.
And nice for the Jann Lee match! Had to leave because I was way too tired unfortunately.

Still need to check out the replays I've saved, hopefully there's some nice ones.

Azuardo

Doing ESL Cup matches atm. Only annoying thing with this is your opponent refusing to confirm the match results through the system, and you then have to open a dispute and provide your evidence (screenshots etc). Always need to remember to take screens.

Into second round of Losers atm XD

Azuardo

I will be down for a lobby tonight. Maybe later if we wait for more people. I might do some reading on training Kas in the meantime :)

Azuardo

Weird thing happened in training. I put the controller down for a few mins and when I looked up again, Ayane and Kasumi were miles apart lol. Examined the video and Ayane just sneaks and slides her way along the wall to the other side of the screen lol. Retested it, and seems you can always make her do it if you get her positioned against the wall correctly. Just an odd thing I thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_vFRyKzmU

Azuardo

Makes sense it'd work with Kas too. Might try it out. Amusing tho. It was a proper wtf moment when I looked up at the screen again lol.

Azuardo

DGlsFdtV0AAzhIq.jpg

Azuardo

It changes color during a taunt or destruction? I guess others will do this as well, but that seems weird. Really weird.

We don't know if it's taunt or destruction, or what the triggers are. I'm guessing taunt, as that makes the most sense based on previous transformation ones. Says on the PSN store page they change during battle from certain situations, so unsure what the trigger is.

But yeah, Zack is shown with a hat on the full costume set icon, so we can assume all characters will transform to a different get-up in battle.

Korigama

More transformable outfits through taunts/power blows/power launchers in general would be nice. Not much of a fan of the destructible ones.

Squire

Banned
I wish they would add a toggle to the character select screen so you could skip taunting if you always want the alt. When the other options are there I don't see why not.

Azuardo

I wish they would add a toggle to the character select screen so you could skip taunting if you always want the alt. When the other options are there I don't see why not.

They could definitely go places with that to make costumes a lot more customisable. Let us choose which items are on a costume, or choose the colours.

Some girls like Mila have you altering her hairstyle to remove the hoodie in one of her costumes. They could definitely do the same thing with these with a different option, but wouldn't happen till DOA6 now, unfortunately.

Definitely something to make a note of if TN asks for feedback for DOA6.

Azuardo

They're slowly going up in different regions right now. Some of the guys go shirtless in their costume swaps. Eliot does, whereas Rig doesn't. Odd. Unless you can alter further with options on character select.

Season Pass 7 exclusive costumes are two retextures (as usual) of Kasumi and Ayane's ninja outfits. I actually like.

Eolz

Yeah, reading the Season Pass 7 description, it says only three packs: Aug, Oct and Dec. 105 costumes tho, so sounds like it's all the characters included (except Mai lol).

Surely, surely, the last SP now. DOA6 2018 y'all! lol

Holy shit. 3 packs with that many costumes?!
HAPPENING

Azuardo

OK Real talk, what's the chances of Rachel making a comeback if there's a DoA6?

I'm sure she'll be back. Whether she makes it in day one is another question. She was added to DOA5U after missing the cut in vanilla, and you'd have to assume she wouldn't be in the guarantees if they end up cutting the roster a bit for DOA6 launch. However, if they don't get the VF characters in there, I'm certain she'd be a day one character.

Eolz

Rachel is definitely coming back, just like most of the characters imo.
Only characters being cut in the past were either bosses (playable only through secret means), some Kasumi clones ending up dead, characters that were supposed to have finished their part of the story and coming back only due to popular demand (like Leon or Ein), and obviously cameos.
VF characters, Naotora and Mai will be the first ones to go really. Rachel fits in DOA and has a unique moveset, I'm sure she'll stay, same for Momiji obviously.

Eolz

Wonder if we'll finally see Irene getting in DOA... (yes I know she was in Dimensions)
I can remember people asking for her since before NG2.

Azuardo

Yeah, given Rachel could get a part in the story, I'd like to see her there, and am sure she would be. I'm cool with characters that don't make sense being there returning as DLC or additions to later versions, like the bosses and Ein etc, you mentioned. Rachel would defo be way above them.

I'm just curious how many starting characters they will go with for DOA6. Definitely wouldn't be SF5 level of options, but will be interesting how they play it.

we're (probably) getting another game with the cheapest production values possible that's still acceptable so they'll be able to push as much dlc as possible

i expect everyone to return, along with loli kasumi and loli ayane, and the rest of the vf cast since vf6 is never coming out

I was hoping for more speedos & fundoshis but at least there's no ugly boardshorts.

Are the official promo pics out yet for the swimsuit set? The video goes too fast to get a good look.

Squire

Banned
Oh, so different things trigger them? That's pretty cool.

I'm actually surprised they still haven't done some sort of sexy Christmas elves...

Went looking earlier for some of the new costumes but wasn't posted yet, will check again later. Zero interest in obtaining the whole pack but will pick up one or two, perhaps Helena and/or Tina this time. Tina looks she has the Whirlwind from that defunct first DOAX3 suit set.

Edit: was referencing costumes not being posted on the DOA5 DLC page when checked, but appreciate any effort getting pics up here, as offered below

Top Bottom