• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 character trailer - Ayane

Sakura

God damn it, right is already too big, left is just ridiculous. That's inflation fetish stuff right there. The idea that the only girl who caters for those who like something less than, well, this, is Marie '18 years old i fucking swear officer' Rose is ridiculous. Normal sized girls when?
Some of this could be attributed to the Soft Engine 2.0 though.
Standing up the chests don't look that different to me. That being said, a girl with a bust size somewhere in the middle of Marie Rose and this would be nice as well.
famitsu review - 8/8/8/8 (32/40)

playtime: around 10 hours to complete one character. To unlock everything like swimsuits and hidden stuff is around 400 hours

-PS4 version's skin/breast jiggle is amazing
-they wish there was more than 9 girls and more activities
-you get closer to the girls by doing missions
-the process of giving swimsuits you like to the girls is very satsifying
-PS4 versions' sunburn/swimsuit falling off is amazing
-the girls' body are amazing
-If your priority is visuals, go for PS4 version. Vita version is nice since you can play it anywhere
-girl mode/owner mode, managing items and money is complicated
-gravure photo mode had more contents than expected
-wish there was more communication with girls

Sounds about like what I was expecting.

Synth

The fuck?!? The pre-order I never actually made is definitely cancelled now.

The one thing I hate in gaming more than anything is grinding. Why on earth would I want to have to grind for 400 hours just to get to see the shit I want? Isn't that what I paid 60 dollars for? Isn't that what they'll have DLC for?

400 hours?!?

EDIT: Let's be real here (in terms of what people will care about), how long is it to unlock the venus/fortune for each girl, altogether. If that's the 400 hour number then that's a joke.

This is basically why I've been arguing that the typical response of "it's not about the volleyball" any time someone asked about it in previous threads was a bit silly. It's going to be very much about the volleyball for countless hours, and the promotions have done an awful job of portraying that to those that haven't played the previous entries.

If you're looking to get just the Venus or Fortune onto a character, then it shouldn't take all that long (you'd still be measuring it in hours though). It reaches the hundreds of hours as a result of every single character having numerous outfits that others absolutely hate, with the Venus and Fortune only accounting for one of them. There will be a range of outfits that you'll be able to gift with little resistance though, and a character can buy all of their own outfits rather quickly. I've been playing the original game again recently, and it only takes about 3 hours to amass the funds required to purchase a character's own wardrobe in that one, so you can hop around characters a lot if you're not aiming for a full completion (getting the girls to have every costume from everyone else).

playtime: around 10 hours to complete one character. To unlock everything like swimsuits and hidden stuff is around 400 hours

-If your priority is visuals, go for PS4 version. Vita version is nice since you can play it anywhere

Next stop: Kasumi City.

giphy.gif

raven777

shit they just started pre-order today in my country and saikyo package and collector's edition sold out in 1 minute so I missed out! So I had to preorder normal edition...... this sucks.

Thoraxes

400 hours?

Good, that gives me plenty of time to prep for October.

Realistically speaking, how much does one spend (DLC coins?) to reduce that shitass 400 hours into say... 50~80 hours?

How did it work in previous ones?

Eolz

Realistically speaking, how much does one spend (DLC coins?) to reduce that shitass 400 hours into say... 50~80 hours?

There was no premium currency/real money before, so nobody knows yet.
Best thing would probably find an exploit.

Chastten

Banned

In the previous game you could only buy complete costume packs per girl. I think those were around €/$5 each. Basically, if you didn't want to spend ANY time on the game, you could spend €5 (x9 sets) for (9 girls) for a total sum of over €400 or something. Obviously, getting a girls own collection was easy enough with in game currency as she doesn't reject anything and it only took maybe an hour or 90 minutes to rake up the cash, so that would save you €45.

I'm going to say, based on the pricing structure of DoA5, costumes are going to get a lot more expensive now. My guess is something along the lines of €1 ro €2 per costume. What this means is you can easily gift the cheaper costumes (that no one rejects) to any girl you like, but will spend big bucks on all of the skimpy costumes (of which there seem to be A LOT) that the girls will reject most of the time. Ultimately, I'd say it'll be more expensive this time around.

Team Ninja knows their audience and knows people who are spending big bucks on the CE's will also have no reservations about blowing some more cash on making things easier. And then there's the obvious DLC that's coming. But who can blame them? Free money!

muteki

I can't take any more concept art that looks awesome but not in the game.

Some of those contest winners from before were crazy good.

...1 more week!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
^^do the in game models even have hips like that?

if so how do i purchase this game on my us PS4?

???
play doax3

raven777

famitsu doing countdown event where from today until the release date they will release some screenshots

today they start with Helena

CdrJKqNXIAQFPNI.jpg:orig

CdrJOhaWEAEymIb.jpg:orig

CdrJQZBWIAAKfna.jpg:orig

FHIZ

^^do the in game models even have hips like that?

if so how do i purchase this game on my us PS4?

???
play doax3

Buy some HK psn cards from play-asia or something. If you use paypal they usually deliver right away on the page, if you use credit card they might have to call and verify your card which may be problematic if you're phone number doesn't allow for international calling (speaking from experience.)

Then make sure on your PS4, while logged into your HK account, you set that console as your primary console, that way any other account (like your normal one) should be able to use the game like normal, and I believe any DLC purchased as well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Buy some HK psn cards from play-asia or something. If you use paypal they usually deliver right away on the page, if you use credit card they might have to call and verify your card which may be problematic if you're phone number doesn't allow for international calling (speaking from experience.)

Then make sure on your PS4, while logged into your HK account, you set that console as your primary console, that way any other account (like your normal one) should be able to use the game like normal, and I believe any DLC purchased as well.

thanks!

anyone know about the hips or is this game all pancakes + uncooked hot dogs like DoA5

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yes, the butts in DOA5LR are vastly improved(especially Honoka and Nyotengu), and these improvements look even better still.

Unfortunately, the faces don't change much and stay fixed in a single expression while the base model is moving all around, it looks very disconcerting

tmtyf

so.. whats the easiest way to make a HK account to buy dlc for this? got the saikyou package heading my way later this month :3

FHIZ

so.. whats the easiest way to make a HK account to buy dlc for this? got the saikyou package heading my way later this month :3
Google Hong Kong PSN store (on a browser you're not currently signed into your native PSN store) and sign up there. It's all in English, all you need is a feasible address with correct address locations and what not.

raven777

yeah still need confirmation if there is a character model based on this in-game before i go hunting down hong kong psn cards

That's a fan contest design. Don't expect actual game to look like that..
There are lots of footage and screenshot out there. so you should check it out

Sesha

If only the roster was more diverse and expansive. I want Latin-American girls, Native American girls, Central Asian girls, West Asian girls, Middle-Eastern girls, North/South/East/West African girls, Mediterranean girls, South Asian girls, South East Asian girls, Oceanian/Polynesian girls, Korean girls, Scandinavian girls, East-European girls, etc. in DoA. More variety in face and body types, personality, characteristics, style, etc., as well.

8888? lol

That score seems almost intentional.

Also this week's famitsu seems to mention the F2P version (like the core fighter of DOA5) will release in summer.
I thought I could resist the temptation. But you're going to keep pulling at me and pulling it me until I relent, isn't that true Koei Tecmo?

Sesha

Is it just me or do all of these DOA girls, have the exact same, or nearly the exact same body types/figures?

Most of them only have small differences in their figure. The ones that differ the most are Marie Rose, who is petite, and Honoka, who is much thicker and slightly more "compact" than the rest of the cast.

Golnei

Is it just me or do all of these DOA girls, have the exact same, or nearly the exact same body types/figures?

They use similar assets, but only a few are actual head swaps. I guess it's just a lot more efficient to develop that way, especially when making costume DLC applicable to the whole cast.

Also this week's famitsu seems to mention the F2P version (like the core fighter of DOA5) will release in summer.

huh, didn't know this was going to exist

character dlc seems like a given now

. . . i wonder if the vf ladies will make it in

or maybe even the senran kagura girls . . . . .

Sesha

They should really make a character creator for this game, and a robust one at that. Of course that would require a ton of work, so that won't happen.

raven777

huh, didn't know this was going to exist

character dlc seems like a given now

. . . i wonder if the vf ladies will make it in

or maybe even the senran kagura girls . . . . .

They mentioned it long time ago, but they said it was not going to be free, but very cheap version with single starter character. I guess the plans have changed and the made it free.

Top Bottom