• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4: Deluxe Edition Available for Pre-Order & Season Pass Contents Revealed

http://news.xbox.com/2016/10/19/dea...-order/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Today, we’re excited to announce the pre-order availability for Dead Rising 4: Deluxe Edition. Along with Dead Rising 4 the game will come with the Season Pass (a $24.99 USD value), making it the best way for fans to get the complete Dead Rising 4 experience, granting you access to an all-new multiplayer mode, new story content and the exclusive bonus Stocking Stuffer Holiday Pack. The game will be available both from the Microsoft Store digitally and at select retailers globally via purchase of a digital code ($79.99 USD). It’s the gift that keeps on giving!

Dead Rising 4 Season Pass comes with:

Stocking Stuffer Holiday Pack: Frank West is home for the holidays and he’s got a naughty list the size of Willamette, Colorado. Tear up the streets with festive weapons, zombies, vehicles, costumes and more.

Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf: You’ve mastered the outbreak – now it’s time to master the green, with eighteen holes of pure wanton destruction you can play with up to three friends online. Flip zombies the birdie where bloodthirsty, over the top zombie mayhem is par for the course. The world of Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf is extreme and the fairways are the town of Willamette, Colorado, including the iconic Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall. Use Frank West’s favorite weapons as your set of golf clubs. With an oversized golf ball, drive down the fairways, reaching for the green to nail the perfect putt. Watch your score as you do not want to bogey in this zombie filled eighteen-hole golf course. Mini golf is made crazier with the zombie horde as obstructions and hazards. Dead Rising Fore!

Dead Rising 4: Frank Rising: In this DLC, Frank West is freshly infected and needs to find a cure before he becomes a zombie and is lost forever. While searching for a cure, Frank discovers that everything is not the same as it was; zombies are getting smarter, people cannot be trusted and paramilitary forces are plotting to wipe out Willamette. Frank has a limited time before he reverts to the full zombie state and the city is wiped out. Frank will have to get to the truth first… or die trying.

For gamers looking for a core Dead Rising 4 experience, the Xbox One Standard Edition ($59.99) is available for pre-order from the Microsoft Store digitally or from participating retailers worldwide. We will announce the availability of Windows 10 pre-order soon – check back for more details.

Dead Rising 4 releases globally on Xbox One and Windows 10 on December 6, 2016 and December 8, 2016 in Japan.

Disembowel me with a chainsaw made out of fairy lights and a toaster if old.

Jawmuncher

I really hope they change their minds about play-anywhere. Since if not, I'll wait for Steam.
Though considering I still can't download Gears 4 on PC maybe I should just wait regardless.

Alexious

I really hope they change their minds about play-anywhere. Since if not, I'll wait for Steam.
Though considering I still can't download Gears 4 on PC maybe I should just wait regardless.

Do you mean it doesn't support Xbox Play Anywhere? Has this been confirmed?

Ridley327

Oh wow, they're selling a timer mode as DLC.

I cannot imagine how much more they can announce for this game to make me want it less.

joe2187

Banned
Wait, I thought frank was infected in DR2 already, are they contradicting the canon already?

Frank was infected in DR1

His infection was kind of glossed over since then.

Im assuming since this supposedly takes place after DR3, then
the actual cure for the infection was extracted from Nick Ramos's blood.

DOWN

Banned
Sadly I'm skipping this because of the voice actor change, but that last DLC sounds like a cool throwback to the first game

Zedox

Do you mean it doesn't support Xbox Play Anywhere? Has this been confirmed?

Yep, unfortunately. Windows Store version, Xbox Version, and Steam Version. You can bet that the Windows Store version will have sales between 0-10. lol. Do wonder if Capcom would see the sales of the Windows version be pathetic (cuz it will be, especially compared to Steam) and then turn it into a Play Anywhere and see the engagement numbers. Multiplayer would be better since you can play against Xbox players (I would presume).

Grisby

Frank was infected in DR1

His infection was kind of glossed over since then.

Im assuming since this supposedly takes place after DR3, then
the actual cure for the infection was extracted from Nick Ramos's blood.
Yep, be interesting to see how the events of 3 factor in to 4.

Yes, I enjoy Dead Rising's lore.

JaggedSac

Yep, unfortunately. Windows Store version, Xbox Version, and Steam Version. You can bet that the Windows Store version will have sales between 0-10. lol. Do wonder if Capcom would see the sales of the Windows version be pathetic (cuz it will be, especially compared to Steam) and then turn it into a Play Anywhere and see the engagement numbers. Multiplayer would be better since you can play against Xbox players (I would presume).

10 might be a bit high of a range

Bossking

Banned
Frank Rising is literally just Dead Rising 1's Overtime mode. Like, that's the entire epilogue for that game, that Frank is infected and has 24 hours to get a cure together. Same premise, same bullet-points, even the same setting. Did they...just forget that that happened? Is it a retcon? An alternate universe where...the exact same thing happened?

Or it's just an excuse to sell diehard fans the timer that they want. Thanks, Capcom Vancouver.

LaserHawk

Is Dead Rising 4 a rehash of Dead Rising 1? That Frank Rising DLC sounds exactly like the last hour or two of Dead Rising 1. Plus, Frank is old now, according to the timeline.

And as much as I love the Dead Rising series, I'm waiting for reviews on this one. To me, it's never been as fun as the first game, and seeing a man who doesn't look or sound like Frank West running around in a bionic suit has me REALLY skeptical that they've recaptured what was fun about the series.

EDIT:

It's a sequel. The entire pitch has been "The RETURN of Frank! Frank RETURNS to Willamette!". The mall itself in this game is supposed to be a memorial to the events of DR1.

That could very well be a lot a marketing lingo.

Zedox

10 might be a bit high of a range

Sites are gonna buy it for comparison and some people will as well.

EDIT: I'll say that they loss a sale from me because it's not Play Anywhere. Even though I understand the business behind it, I just feel that it is wrong for a person to have to buy a game twice when the ability is there (easily) to have it cross-buy. Titles that I see an individual Windows Store/Xbox Store versions that can be PA, I'll probably shy away from or only buy it on Xbox.

I hope they do too, but I don't have my hopes up. The Steam version launches 90 days after the Windows Store version, doesn't it? I seem to remember them saying it was exclusive to the Windows Store for some period of time.

goldenpp72

DR2 Case West IS canon though, and he was infected in that, right? The DLC episode with him and chuck together, really good sub game too.

I'll be pre-ordering the deluxe version. Yeah I know I am part of the problem.

This is my most-hyped game this year. Dead Rising 3 was great and playing through the DR1 and DR2 remasters, while fun, made me appreciate it even more.

Bossking

Banned
DR2 Case West IS canon though, and he was infected in that, right? The DLC episode with him and chuck together, really good sub game too.

Even if it wasn't, Dead Rising 2 vanilla has a cutscene where Stacey tells Chuck about how Isabelle Keys developed the Zombrex cure, and she and Frank West exposed the Willamette incident. Hell, there's a few different callbacks to Willamette throughout DR2. So those events still happened.

See the spoiler from DR3 above posted by joe2187 if you want to understand why Frank getting infected again would make sense.

Not buying the deluxe or season pass. Got burned buying the season pass for Dead Rising 3 at launch out of hype. I loved DR 3 but the season pass DLC was terrible.

Vitacat

Just found out this is not Play Anywhere. Still interested in the game, but that definitely dampens it somewhat. If it gets well reviewed I'll buy the PC version on a sale someday. If it was Play Anywhere I might've bought at launch or even preordered as I did with Forza Horizon 3.

Overtime as DLC, paying for the least exciting part of the gameplay. Riveting stuff.

Wait, I thought frank was infected in DR2 already, are they contradicting the canon already?
Capcom Vancouver already showcased with Dead Rising 3 that they don't give two shits about their own crummy lore.

Megatron

Golf sounds great. The rest, eh. I will just buy golf piece meal. I wont bebgetting the game day one either.

Magwik

Banned

Since when was the game launching on Steam?

What else has Vancouver made? Time to drop these dudes like a bad habit. Capcom Japan and Overseas need to stop this at odds stuff.

Nevermind, they aren't the publisher.

Top Bottom