• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 demo available for 360 and PS3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems to take place in the Tau Volantis section of the game.

EA Press Release said:
Gamers Rejoice! The Gift-Giving Season Continues as Visceral Games Announces Dead Space 3 Downloadable Demo

Demo to Offer Early Access to the Hostile Ice Planet of Tau Volantis Starting on January 15 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Publicly, January 22 on PlayStation Network

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The holidays might be over, but EA has one more gift for gamers! Visceral Games, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, today announced that a downloadable demo for Dead Space™ 3, the first entertainment blockbuster of 2013, will be available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network starting on January 22. Exclusively for Xbox 360, gamers who want a chance to play the demo one week early, can sign up on http://demo.deadspace.com.* In the demo, players will be thrust into deep space terror when unwilling hero – Isaac Clarke – and all-new co-op companion – Sergeant John Carver – crash land on Tau Volantis, an unforgiving ice planet teeming with Necromorphs. Dead Space 3 takes the franchise’s core elements of suspense, horror, action and sound and introduces them to all-new elements – including co-op play - that allows players to work together to take down the most ambitious Dead Space experience yet. Dead Space 3 launches in North America on February 5 on Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC and February 8 in Europe.

Winner of more than 15 critic awards at E3 2012 including Best of Show from Game Informer Magazine, Dead Space 3 cuts to the heart of deep space terror. The game is recognized by game critics worldwide for its incredible craftsmanship in horror, action, suspense and sound design. Players will embark on a thrilling ride through space that takes them to a hostile new planet, Tau Volantis. Fortunately, they are not alone this time around. The fully integrated drop-in/drop-out co-op feature gives players the option to play alone or team-up with a friend anytime. Players that choose to take down the terror together will experience additional story details, side missions and gameplay mechanics only found when playing as John Carver.

Dead Space 3 will be available on February 5 in North America and February 8 in Europe for the PS3, Xbox 360 and the PC.

For additional information and news, please visit http://demo.deadspace.com or our website www.deadspace.com, follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/deadspace, or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deadspace. Media assets are available at http://info.ea.com.

*While quantities last. Offer expires 1/14/13 @ 11:59 pm PST. Code expires January 22, 2012. Origin account (EA) registration required for early demo access. You must be 13+ to register. Origin account (EA) privacy policy and terms of service can be found at www.ea.com.
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20121226005027/en/

Sigma722

I hope this is better than 2. For whatever reason, I just wasn't as big a fan of 2. Didn't really care to play through it even a full second time.

I probably won't get it day 1, but might wait for a deal.

A good portion could depend on if this demo is any good. *fingers crossed*

CREMSteve

One week later on PS3...

I'll never understand why companies feel it valuable to piss their customers off on a first impression.

I'll just skip it altogether then.

Eideka

Banned
No PC demo ? Curious.

Oh well, I don't need a glorious 1080p/60fps combo to figure out whether or not a game is worth purchasing.

I'm still hoping that behind all this PR stuff Visceral has made a really good game and not some heavily actiony TPS tailored to the co-op part. Fingers crossed.

And of course no PC, how surprising.

Mupod

Might not play it, I got too caught up in the hype for 2 and the demo + trailers spoiled a good bit of the main game (although the demo was a little different from the real thing). Plus no PC demo.

Portugeezer

Why no PC demo?

How can I try the game on PC... oh wait, never mind lol good thinking EA (not just EA but annoying nonetheless).

ibgmh21EJcXiLk.gif

Arklite

Demo and DLC timed lock outs are on the list of worst things this gen. Not sure we needed another co-op 'horror' game instead of DS remaining solo and ambient, but I'll take it.

Mupod

Why no PC demo?

How can I try the game on PC... oh wait, never mind lol good thinking EA (not just EA but annoying nonetheless).

The PC versions haven't been horrendously bad, just little to no post launch support in terms of patches/DLC. And the vsync issue in the first game resulted in some unplayable input lag, you can just turn it off but you'd be surprised how many PC gamers apparently never touch the options menu.

The original got no DLC, the sequel never got Severed (as far as I know), and I believe that the only reason PC gamers got access to the weapons/skins was an edited save file. Although EA unlocked them for everyone like a month later.

It'll probably be Origin only too.

Demo and DLC timed lock outs are on the list of worst things this gen. Not sure we needed another co-op 'horror' game instead of DS remaining solo and ambient, but I'll take it.

apparently the co-op doesn't sound like it impacts the solo experience. I guess we'll see if that's true, I have my doubts though. the levels will be built will co-op in mind, same with enemy encounters.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's a DEMO, what benefit does Microsoft get from this? And I'd like to know how much they have to pay to make it timed exclusive... for a WEEK.

Well they block demos for non-gold people a week too, even when it's on PS3/PC.

The holidays might be over, but EA has one more gift for gamers!

Initially wanted that to mean co-op had been removed completely. I probably won't play co-op but the series also never needed it.

Also can all xbox live members download this or only gold members ?

haikira

dude, its just a demo...

Because you can#t play a demo early?

I think you pair are being purposely dense. Yes it is only a demo. But being required to pay a premium service, or else wait an extra week for demos, is questionable. So too, is live still being littered with adverts, when you for their premium.

It's worth noting i love my 360 and i'll definitely be buying the next Xbox. I guess that would make a hypocrite. Then again, i didn't instigate this, i just clarified what MrCookiepants was obviously getting at.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I think you pair are being purposely dense. Yes it is only a demo. But being required to pay a premium service, or else wait an extra week for demos, is questionable. So too, is live still being littered with adverts, when you for their premium.

It's worth noting i love my 360 and i'll definitely be buying the next Xbox. I guess that would make a hypocrite. Then again, i didn't instigate this, i just clarified what MrCookiepants was obviously getting at.

I get what he's saying, but I disagree, 1 week is more like a bonus for being gold not them hating the silver players, you still get the demo. Adverts are really annoying though, shouldn't be there if you're gold.

haikira

Sorry if i came off condescending in my last post. Not long up and don't think i got up on the right side of the bed.

I registered for the demo key last week and forgot about it, until this thread. I wasn't too thrilled about this game, when they first showed that gameplay at E3. But i have a friend who's a serious die hard fan of Dead Space and he's done a good job of getting me interested again. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Top Bottom