• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

I really hope this is all not true because I don't want to play online with somebody else to platinum the game.

Aside from aegies (whose credentials for said information I do not know, though I'm guessing journalist for knowing the embargo date), the only other source with this information was a post on GameFAQs stating this. No sourcing, but just their word to go on.

There is a copy floating out there somewhere in the dark bowels of the internet [supposedly], but so far no one has discussed anything at all. To me that's a bit bizarre, considering many AAA titles are leaked by this point.

I'm so ready for this. Dead Space is probably my favorite new IP this generation.
next to Souls series
Where there has been other great new IP's who have had given us hits and misses, Dead Space has given us nothing but quality. Looking forward to a new chapter in this series.

antitrop

Aside from aegies (whose credentials for said information I do not know, though I'm guessing journalist for knowing the embargo date), the only other source with this information was a post on GameFAQs stating this. No sourcing, but just their word to go on.
He's Arthur Gies, formerly of IGN and currently of Polygon. I'm also assuming he's reviewing the game for Polygon.

Batman

Banned

There is a copy floating out there somewhere in the dark bowels of the internet [supposedly], but so far no one has discussed anything at all. To me that's a bit bizarre, considering many AAA titles are leaked by this point.

I looked at the achievement list and there are plenty that involve co-op so unless you can do AI co-op there are a lot of people who won't be able to 100% the game for whatever reason. I am sure there are many copies already out there.

He's Arthur Gies, formerly of IGN and currently of Polygon.

He also has played the first 4 chapters (and maybe now even the whole game) of the review copy. He also told us how the Hardcore mode would work in the demo thread earlier last week.

He knows what's up.

Lucid07

Really don't know whether to get this when it releases or wait a bit. Finished Dead Space 1 last week for the first time and have 2 ready to play. Guess I'll just see when I finish 2 by.

And I thought DS2's hardcore mode was bullshit. I wonder if it's set to normal, but only at one life. Damn, I'm never going to do either of these.

He also has played the first 4 chapters (and maybe now even the whole game) of the review copy. He also told us how the Hardcore mode would work in the demo thread earlier last week.

He knows what's up.

He's Arthur Gies, formerly of IGN and currently of Polygon. I'm also assuming he's reviewing the game for Polygon.

Ok good to know. I'll be sure to read up on some of his work when I get the chance.

SeriousApes

Crap.. I need to finish up 2 this week. I bought it at launch. No idea why I take so long to finish games.

Man, same here. I remember getting a good deal on it with the gaming coupons and discounts from Kmart during that time. But it doesn't really count as a good deal if it drops to $20 by the time I actually play it.

As a dead space fan I can't wait to get my hands on retail. But on the other hand I feel that the series is going a different direction with this game. I can say without spoiling anything that you all are in for one hell of a crazy trip.

Please play this game with a coop partner, you won't regret it. This game really benefits from having a coop element that actually works well. And the folks at Visceral really gave it their fullest attention from inception to retail. Working on things that make for a great coop experience not one that feel's tacked on.

I wish I would have gotten a dev box, if only I would have known about it.

def sim

Sorry, but it's Zealot, as are Classic and Pure Survival.

iDLEziUrd1U4N.gif

yesssss

As a dead space fan I can't wait to get my hands on retail. But on the other hand I feel that the series is going a different direction with this game. I can say without spoiling anything that you all are in for one hell of a crazy trip.

Please play this game with a coop partner, you won't regret it. This game really benefits from having a coop element that actually works well. And the folks at Visceral really gave it their fullest attention from inception to retail. Working on things that make for a great coop experience not one that feel's tacked on.

I wish I would have gotten a dev box, if only I would have known about it.

How... do you know this?

As the sole guy who thought that Dead Space 2's gameplay was the zenith of over-the-shoulder action (Resi 4 excluded), I'm skeptical beyond words. There was a point where I said I probably wouldn't buy this after all, but it turns out I have money to burn. So, expect a review from me a day or three after this game is released in Australia.

Oh my GOD, Hard Core mode sounds absolutely brutal this time around. Finishing DS2 on HC already pushed me to my limits. I don't know if I'm strong enough for this one...

Anyone know if you can at least do NG+ on Hard Core mode now? That'd help offset the increased difficulty a bit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Need more Ellie!

One of my favorite game moments ever was the fake out ending to DS2. Where Isaac saves the day and just sits down to relax and wait for his death. Just a perfect summation of the character and his journey up to that point.

I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes harder than I did at that scene. Did you honestly not see that coming? I just knew they wouldn't have the balls to just leave him there.

Anyway, I'll wait until this hits the £10 mark before I bite.

The_Monk

Will get this later on for cheap and will play on full Co-op just like Resident Evil 6, have a buddy to play it and it's going to be fun. The hard part will be to get the same time to play since life, work, wife/girlfriend, etc is the priority at the moment for both.

Played the demo to the end, have a ME3 save file so that's a nice bonus, I guess.

EDIT: Good op, also!

Tymerend

I'm still kind of on the fence regarding this, and as always, will probably wait for more reviews and opinions from folks I know before taking the plunge.

I like the look of it, and I enjoyed the first two games. The weapon crafting system seems kinda nifty, as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Remember everyone, even if the OT is up, significant new information like new modes should still go in a new thread.

gdt

I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes harder than I did at that scene. Did you honestly not see that coming? I just knew they wouldn't have the balls to just leave him there.

Anyway, I'll wait until this hits the £10 mark before I bite.

The greatness of that scene wasn't that he did or didn't die, its how he accepted his death. Of course he would be saved.

ironcreed

Banned
The inclusion of classic mode, as well as the others gives me a ray of hope. Very thoughtful additions and I at least have to give them props for that.

ironcreed

Banned
Watching this stream has restored a lot of my faith in the game. Looks like the "Gears of Uncharted Space" parts don't represent the majority of the game.

It is definitely more Dead Space-y. Would be funny if this ended up being one of those cases where I was not fond of the demo, but ended up loving the game. The classic mode and traditional building of weapons from blueprints makes me not care as much if there are options for others to buy weapons via micro-transactions. As the original way of playing was thoughtfully included. Still plan to rent at this point, but it is looking better.

It is definitely more Dead Space-y. Would be funny if this ended up being one of those cases where I was not fond of the demo, but ended up loving the game. The classic mode and traditional building of weapons from blueprints makes me not care as much if there are options for others to buy weapons via micro-transactions. As the original way of playing was thoughtfully included. Still plan to rent at this point, but it is looking better.

That isn't how the micros work at all. You buy resource packs that give you all those resources you use to craft, and then use those to build weapons.

Edit: You're basically paying money for money.

ironcreed

Banned
That isn't how the micros work at all. You buy resource packs that give you all those resources you use to craft, and then use those to build weapons.

Edit: You're basically paying money for money.

Yes, I know it's for the resources/parts, I just said weapons for short. And I still think it is cheap, btw. But the addition of classic mode (among others), micro-transactions being optional and the footage I am watching in a stream has improved my opinion of the game quite a bit.

Loved 1 and 2 hoping 3 shares the same experiences I had prior. Even Extraction was great. I just realized that I downloaded the Severed, DLC when it was on sale a couple of months ago. I guess I'll start it tonight to get it finished before 3 comes out.

Posted yet?

ibo3NsvQ9us8aN.png

Aegies gave us the day, but not the time. 9am PST is sort of weird, but oh well.

Without spoiling anything, the side missions look fantastic and it seems like the team really had a ball with them. One of the enemies returning in this game I'm not happy with the design and animations at all.

Plissken

I guess we don't get a PC demo?
I already have it pre-orderd for PC

I think at this point we can assume one isn't coming. All I hope for now is that the DLC comes to PC. Can CodeCow/MonkeyPants or someone from Visceral confirm/deny if PC will get any DLC for this game? Or are the overlords at EA keeping you mum on the topic?

Top Bottom