• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline: ‘American Horror Story’ Season 7 To Tackle Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadline.com/2017/02/america...t-presidential-debate-ryan-murphy-1201913474/

I feel like maaaaaaaaybe I'd be interested in this if it were American Crime Story, but...

During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, Ryan Murphy revealed that Season 7 of American Horror Story will be based on the recent election.

”Well I don't have a title, but the season we begin shooting in June is going to be about the election that we just went through. So I think that will be interesting for a lot of people," the producer revealed.

When asked if there would be a character based on Donald Trump, Murphy, who was there to promote his upcoming series Feud, replied, ”Maybe."

Corpekata

Banned
I mean, season 1 essentially had the antichrist being born. Sounds like a decent way to go back to it (if they haven't already, fuck if I know, I've only finished like 2 seasons).

LycanXIII

I hope that was sarcasm. Not Not because it shouldn't be something that media combats, but I don't see it being good made off of quick reactions.

With a premise like that, it's either going to be great or horrible.
It could work. Check out the podcast audiodrama Terms. It's about an incumbent president deciding to act behind the scenes to stop the recently elected crazy demagogue from taking office.

And no, it was actually in the works before Trump decided to run

I think this is horrible if true. That's the whole point of making American Crime Story. Tell it there. AHS should remain a mostly terrible supernatural series. I also think Murphy's decision to talk about ACS's third and fourth season is a terrible jumping the gun as well.

Matty77

House of Cards + Lovecraft + Aliens + Vampires + Witches + Serial Killers
There's your synopsis. I like the show (well except for hotel) but it's always followed the lets throw shit at the wall and see what sticks methods for themes and storytelling.

About time Hollywood turned its eye to the nefarious actions of Killary. The spirit cooking episode should be especially illuminating for all you liberal sheep.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
oh god, I can see the spirit cooking ritual now

madame-lalaurie-blood.gif

(pretend this is Hillary)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Next year, we will be going back to some Freak Show characters, deeper histories and mythologies. So we're sort of still exploring Season 4 in Season 7.' - Ryan Murphy

Which characters from Freak Show could tie into the 2016 Presidential Election? Maybe they'll try to connect the Trump stand in to Dandy somehow?

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder if they will get the same actors for American Crime Story to play Bill and Hillary in this, too, with aged make-up.

commedieu

Banned
isn't the antichrist going to totally be likable? And solve some great world problem, then we all endear them.

Not an obvious villain like this moron.

Sarah Paulson - Kellyanne
Evan Peters - Mook
Patti LuPone - Hillary
Chloe Sevigny - Tiffany
Gaga - Ivanka
Cheyenne Jackson - Jared
Wes Bentley - Corey
Kathy Bates - Bannon
Lily Rabe - Megyn
Michael Chiklis - Christie
Courtney B. Vance - Obama
Matt Bomer - Tapper
Alfred Molina - Pence

And from the non Murphy crowd:

Archie Panjabi - Huma

Ryan talking about s3 and 4 of ACS when season 2 got delayed is so weird. All the superlative praise for the first season (which was deserved) might be getting to his head.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm waiting for the Oliver Stone movie about the election. If Alec Baldwin wins the Oscar for it then all of this horribleness may have been worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom