• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

getitoff.jpg

Deadly Premonition is a third-person survival horror action game which puts players in the role of the intuitive FBI Agent Francis York Morgan. In the process of investigating a murder, players will examine a series of interlocking mysteries in a remote rural town and will encounter an array of complex characters pivotal to the unraveling of the storyline's mystery. Suspenseful action sequences will force players to make strategic moves, gliding by enemies in the shadows or engaging them with long-range weapons or hand-to-hand melee combat. From the unparalleled atmosphere, music and mysterious storyline to driving vehicles and exploring the entire town, Deadly Premonition will offer players a unique and haunting interactive gaming experience unlike any other.

57520985-e63cc7025c542c2f2e0d3f9659.gif

RSP-PS3-Box.jpg

Date: February 23, 2010
Platforms: 360 exclusive for NA. PS3 owners can import dual-language asian version
Developer: Access Games
Publisher: Ignition Entertainment
MSRP: 19.99

XBW88.prev_deadly.g2--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

dp1--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

dp5--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

dp3--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hea2h9s6LgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8guU_il_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIT3dnKhUw4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIGvYCkiqI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEdEndHuOhc

Video Walkthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShotMyEyeOut10#g/u

m_tc001.jpg

m_tc008.jpg

Impressions:
MiniDitka said:
I'm really digging this game :D
slasher_thrasher21 said:
I'm digging it big time. :D
PhoenixSFT said:
It's...weird. Like, Suda 51 weird
MightyHedgehog said:
awesome despite the mediocre DC/PS2/XBOX-level of visuals...just fucking awesome.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
This game is amazing.
I Push Fat Kids said:
Holy fuck this is refreshing and very Twin Peaks.
Mr_Guillotine said:
I'm having a lot more fun with this game than some AAA titles

Reviews:

Destructoid - 10/10
This game is so bad, it's not just become good. It's pretty close to perfect.

1up - B

Access Games went above and beyond in creating Deadly Premonition, and frankly, it disgusts me knowing that the game was kicked out the door at a $20 super-budget price point.

I like horror. Its cheap. I'm getting it! FYI... I hear the release date is the 23rd BUt I called gamestop and they show it as being in their shipment already and its no longer on their release date list... so as soon as they get it in, should be for sale.

voltron

heh. Never heard of it.

Id like a good survival horror game on 360. But why do they look like PSP screen shots?

Must be nice to have a Gamestop that's actually getting this in.
Amazon is telling me March 1st when they can actually ship it...bastards.

It should also be pointed out that this game is still very much a Twin Peaks clone.

Hugbot

Yeah, is there any more information on the game? I was about to say that the OP didn't encourage me to look any more into it at all, but the $20 price tag caught my eye. Since I'm picking up Heavy Rain around the release date and am a huge sucker for horror anything, I'll probably pick it up regardless.

Takuhi

Man, I want to believe that this will be a campy, enjoyable romp for $20. But has there been a hands-on anywhere, ever? At $20, it doesn't need to be great, but I'm terrified by the fact that apparently no one has ever seen this in motion.

Since you apparently care enough to start the official thread, I nominate you to be our guinea pig.

randomwab

Oh hells to the motherfuckin' yeah! Less than a week to go, I'm so pumped. Been waiting on this for friggin' years now. If this thing isn't Region Free, I dunno what I'll do. Break down in tears or something.

"Mr. David Young Henning, haste won't lead you to what you seek"

He's still David Young Henning to me. <3

Takuhi said:
Man, I want to believe that this will be a campy, enjoyable romp for $20. But has there been a hands-on anywhere, ever? At $20, it doesn't need to be great, but I'm terrified by the fact that apparently no one has ever seen this in motion.

Since you apparently care enough to start the official thread, I nominate you to be our guinea pig.

Well just stayed tuned to this thread for impressions. They have some interesting blogs up at the main site.

ShogunX

The game just looks flat out weird. Reminds me of a Dreamcast game and for some reason despite the obvious low production values every video ive watched so far has a bit of a creepy vibe to it.

Might be worth a play through for Horror fans especially at that price. Hopefully this gets released in the UK. There are only 12 achievements as well so it might be a one playthrough for 1000 GS kind of deal :D .

randomwab

Just for some context, the developer on this previously made Extermination and Spy Fiction on PS2, both pretty excellent takes on their respective genres and much loved amongst those who played them.

My hopes are high for Deadly Premonition.

randomwab said:
Just for some context, the developed on this previously made Extermination and Spy Fiction on PS2, both pretty excellent takes on their respective genres and much loved amongst those who played them.

My hopes are high for Deadly Premonition.

Extermination was one of my first fav ps2 games during the first year I had one. Loved it. Did not know this! :D

VALIS

Since when did the $20 MSRP game come back?? MS/Sony and the publishers were against that this gen and I think flat out barred it. Did they change their minds? Was it only MS who changed their mind since this is a 360 only game?

I would looooove for the return of the $20 title. So many unique, quirky games came out last gen at $20.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sucks about the PS3 version, but since MSRP is only $19.99, I won't bother to import.

Have my copy coming from Amazon, will keep me busy until Heavy Rain.
I love B-games.

randomwab

Zenith said:
Wasn't this coming to PS3 as well?

It's coming out on PS3 as well as 360 in Japan, under the title "Red Seeds Profile". Still no word on Europe. Either way, I wouldn't be suprised if we saw the PS3 version get a release in the US.

Mar

Hmm... Looks kind of terrible. But I've been known to love terrible games.

Never heard of it before but now it's on my radar. Cheers for the thread.

tmarques

Cat in the Hat said:
OMG THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE

Maybe in a good way though

The voice acting and writing had me in stitches.

I love camp horror (must be the only one who remebers 7th Guest fondly), so unless it's unplayable, I'm there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dude, what the f...

Daigoro

i was just thinking about this game. out next week huh?

im tempted at 20, but its certainly not a done deal. ill wait for some impressions.

it looks terrible. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How David Lynch is this game still? I appreciated how blatantly Twin Peaks it was before the name changed.

Top Bottom